Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Triage: Kind of a let down

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I was kinda disappionted with triage. I mean it might save you but you have to take the first to rounds of damage or still one if you get a lucky guess. Id much rather have seen somthing that kills one or both of those 2 banes of life magic: life sheilds and most importantly the evil pleauge. I wouldn't even mind shelling out an extra pip or two to stop those life destroyers. This is my version of Triage:

Triage:
Cost 3 pips
Destroy all negative charms and one DoT spell
or
30 life DoT to all enemys

You see you get the chose of how it works by picking the either the enemy side to DoT or on of one of your team for the removal. Hope you like and im sure all of you life wizards would be insanly gratful for this affect to change.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I like the idea that it can either be a spell for your side, or a spell for you enemies that is a cool little idea we should remember.

However, triage is like arguably the best spell in game lol. costs no pips 100% accuracy. Can remove a DoT from anyone, like that is amazing you can easily get rid of Death and ice's best spell without even wasting a pip or breaking a sweat. Plus you can stop a lot of fire's good spells, and with critical's now a days you can negate a spell that would have most likely ended in defeat. I don't understand how you think triage is a let down.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Lucario450 wrote:
Triage:
Cost 3 pips
or

Eh...I'm not sure about this. Myth's medium is eliminating wards (they have Pierce, Cleanse Ward, Shatter, their attacks are tailored to bypass shields, etc.), so it would be really weird to give Life this ability. I'm not fond of the weak, Scald-type choice either. This idea, to me, isn't making sense to me. In my opinion, Triage should be a ward that's activated when a DoT spell is cast. For example:

- I cast Triage; ward appears.
- Opponent's Turn: casts Fire Elf.
- Fire Elf deals initial damage; Fire DoT marker appears.
- My Turn: ward activates; Fire DoT marker disappears.

Maybe it's me, but I'm happy with the simple effect Triage makes. I just wish Triage was tweaked so that it could be utilized easier.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
I for one find it very frustrating me being a fire wizard I use a bladed heck hound against a life then they just get rid of it! It makes me so mad because now I have no pips when the guy would have died so triage is not a bad spell it is amazing

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
However, triage is like arguably the best spell in game.

VERY arguably.

costs no pips 100% accuracy.

Triage isn't the only Pipless spell with 100% accuracy. Wand spells are, as well, and they actually do damage.

you can easily get rid of Death and ice's best spell without even wasting a pip or breaking a sweat.

No... Sweats will be broken... You will be affected by whatever DoT is cast on you at least one time before Triage can be used to destroy it. You'll have to endure two DoT hits if your opponent goes first, which occurs more often than not out in the field, and that's assuming you HAVE Triage in your hand on your second turn being affected by the DoT.

Plus you can stop a lot of fire's good spells

Fire Dragon- If you're unlucky enough to not have a Fire Shield (and what Theurge DOESN'T?), you're still going to get owned by the initial damage before the DoT even sticks to you, so at that point, all Triage will be is an airbag filled with broken glass.

Super Link- You could stop yourself from burning, but your opponent will still be healed.

Gargantuan Fire Elf- All events considered, what's keeping a Pyromancer from casting another one after you burn a Triage on the one he just cast?

The only Fire spell Triage is really effective against (and that's if you're lucky), is Heck Hound, since it drains up all of your opponent's pips.

Sorry about that. I know you were trying to be optomistic about Triage's "uses", but the fact of the matter is, as it stands, Triage is about as effective as a faulty fire extinguisher. It COULD work, but you're going to get burned before it does.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
[quote=Superwiz1560[
Triage isn't the only Pipless spell with 100% accuracy. Wand spells are, as well, and they actually do damage.

[.

A spell doesn't need to do damage in order to be good. Life has an amazing spell that currently is having devastating effects in the arena.

I'm not trying to be optimistic. I have a life and I can't believe that some people want to ruin this amazing spell just because it is not the giant damage spell people wanted. It is great for defensive purposes and it a great spell for being a team player. You can easily best both death and ice with it. If you don't want to appreciate triage that is fine. But really it is a great spell and I hope that just because you didn't get the damage spell you wanted, that triage will stay the same.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Lucario450 wrote:
I was kinda disappionted with triage. I mean it might save you but you have to take the first to rounds of damage or still one if you get a lucky guess. Id much rather have seen somthing that kills one or both of those 2 banes of life magic: life sheilds and most importantly the evil pleauge. I wouldn't even mind shelling out an extra pip or two to stop those life destroyers. This is my version of Triage:

Triage:
Cost 3 pips
or

You see you get the chose of how it works by picking the either the enemy side to DoT or on of one of your team for the removal. Hope you like and im sure all of you life wizards would be insanly gratful for this affect to change.
Life is meant to be restorative so I can see removing negative charms, but storm has cleanse charm wihch can be purchased in treasure cards at the bazaar. Also, it couldn't be a DoT spell for all the enemies unless they changed the name, because, triage means to prioritorize sick or injured people according to the seriousness of condition or injury. That sounds nothing at all like a all target DoT.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
However, triage is like arguably the best spell in game.

VERY arguably.

costs no pips 100% accuracy.

you can easily get rid of Death and ice's best spell without even wasting a pip or breaking a sweat.

No... Sweats will be broken... You will be affected by whatever DoT is cast on you at least one time before Triage can be used to destroy it. You'll have to endure two DoT hits if your opponent goes first, which occurs more often than not out in the field, and that's assuming you HAVE Triage in your hand on your second turn being affected by the DoT.

Plus you can stop a lot of fire's good spells

Fire Dragon- If you're unlucky enough to not have a Fire Shield (and what Theurge DOESN'T?), you're still going to get owned by the initial damage before the DoT even sticks to you, so at that point, all Triage will be is an airbag filled with broken glass.

Super Link- You could stop yourself from burning, but your opponent will still be healed.

Gargantuan Fire Elf- All events considered, what's keeping a Pyromancer from casting another one after you burn a Triage on the one he just cast?

The only Fire spell Triage is really effective against (and that's if you're lucky), is Heck Hound, since it drains up all of your opponent's pips.

Sorry about that. I know you were trying to be optomistic about Triage's "uses", but the fact of the matter is, as it stands, Triage is about as effective as a faulty fire extinguisher. It COULD work, but you're going to get burned before it does.
You think? I was in a 2v2. Me and my friend were both life and this storm dude had full supercharge blade and full supercharge treasure. They were defended enough so that we couldn't stop him. He also had darkwind and othe storm boosts, plus vengeance and he scored a critical no block. Me and my friend were going first, and he attacked my friend who was after me since I was almost dead and his friend had me dead... Or so they thought. That stormhound the second guy used would had done tons of damage, but I stopped it with a triage from killing my friend. Wow! My friend didn't even get hit once. Talk about a 0 pips -100% ward! and My friend healed me and we took them out.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
colagada wrote:
This is a PvP issue and belongs in that forum.
Colagada, I have seen you in so many messages telling people their message is in the wrong place. You really should stop and leave KI members to judge that.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
My whole problem with triage is that it is meant FOR pvp. What about us who dont pvp? It is USELESS except for a few instances in the game. Sure it can be used to great effect in pvp but outside of pvp it is just a throwaway spell. I would like to see triage so it can at least be slightly useful outside of pvp. I dont know exactly what the change would be but I would like triage to be changed, even if it is just a minor change.

Oran Stronghammer lvl60 Life
Ronan Goldensword lvl60 Storm

Hero
May 02, 2009
clyde1997 wrote:
My whole problem with triage is that it is meant FOR pvp. What about us who dont pvp? It is USELESS except for a few instances in the game. Sure it can be used to great effect in pvp but outside of pvp it is just a throwaway spell. I would like to see triage so it can at least be slightly useful outside of pvp. I dont know exactly what the change would be but I would like triage to be changed, even if it is just a minor change.

Oran Stronghammer lvl60 Life
Ronan Goldensword lvl60 Storm

Actually in places like tower of the helephant, triage can be a god-send/life-saver, as you can get rid of the DoT spells for no pip or mana cost.
I personally think triage is fine the way it is now, as it is very helpful both in pvp and pve.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
In my opinion, Triage should be a ward that's activated when a DoT spell is cast. For example:

- I cast Triage; ward appears.
- Opponent's Turn: casts Fire Elf.
- Fire Elf deals initial damage; Fire DoT marker appears.
- My Turn: ward activates; Fire DoT marker disappears.

Maybe it's me, but I'm happy with the simple effect Triage makes. I just wish Triage was tweaked so that it could be utilized easier.

I really love this idea! :-P

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
malt22 wrote:
I really love this idea! :-P

Thanks. I really hope KI considers it.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
bravevline wrote:
colagada wrote:
This is a PvP issue and belongs in that forum.
Colagada, I have seen you in so many messages telling people their message is in the wrong place. You really should stop and leave KI members to judge that.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, you don't put it in the pet shop with a "Parrot" sign on its cage.

The original post was about the unfairness of Triage in PvP. That makes it a PvP issue. PvP issues belong in the PvP Forum. If the moderators don't feel like moving it, then that's their call, but that doesn't mean it's supposed to be in the general forum.