Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

where do i begin?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
So, with the help from some friends, (and from the people who responded to my post, "Diamonds") I managed to become a Master Artisan. There was much rejoicing.

So, I go to Sudrilund, talk to the guy who will give me the recipe for The Chieftain's Dire Helm, only to find out that I need to become a Grandmaster Crafter, which, really, I had never even heard of. There was not much rejoicing.

After a while, I figured out that I need to talk to a dog named Pierce Stanson in the floating land, and he'll give my highly coveted title of Grandmaster Crafter to me.

As it turns out, he only has one quest for me, to craft the Seal of the Seven Seas. (Say that five times fast!)

But, I'm missing half the ingredients, and out of that half are two that I don't even know how or where to get.

So, can anyone tell me the best place to find golden pearls, which are rare harvests from pearls? Can someone tell me where to get a lot of Sandstone, which is really rare harvested from stone blocks? Could a fellow "young wizard" tell me how and where to get Sunstone and Treant Polymorph treasure cards?

And I noticed two defects in the quests. The first is, after I got the last quest to become a Master Artisan, Balthazar Dragonthorn didn't give me a followup quest to go to the floating land in Celestia, so it took a long time to figure out that I had to go there.

The second is that Pierce Stanson didn't actually sell me the recipe like he said he would, he just gave it to me upon me getting the quest, which of course I failed to notice. It took a while to figure that out too.

So, could someone help me find these items and could someone please fix the defects in the quests for future young wizards?

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
you can get trent cards at the arcoviest districk of stars pearls are in the underwater places of celestia and i think theres a quest in crab ally you can get a few stone block is everywhere though personaly i have never gotten a sunstone gardening is great and you have to know to transmute thats the only way i got through after you have done all that make shore to keep looking at the bazzar for golden pearl stunstone and everything you will need to transmute even doing all that it took me about a mounth to craft the requirement and now i am atempting a lvl 55 deck good luck!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:
So, can anyone tell me the best place to find golden pearls, which are rare harvests from pearls? Can someone tell me where to get a lot of Sandstone, which is really rare harvested from stone blocks? Could a fellow "young wizard" tell me how and where to get Sunstone and Treant Polymorph treasure cards?

If you have enough gold and patience hang out at the bazaar during busy times.

Golden Pearls can be farmed in the Portico. The Storm Temple in Stormriven also has some spots where they show up. They are quite rare so it is a lot of work regardless of how you go about it.

Stoneblocks can be found in lots of places, Krokotopia or DS or WT have several good spots. Transmute for Sandstone.

Sunstone is also quite rare and I am not sure if there is a good place to find it. The best bet is to Garden for Sunstone as several plants produce it.
Wiki: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Sunstone

I think you can but Treant cards from the Archivist or buy the recipe from a guy in Floating Land.

Also DO search this forum for the topics above and you will find plenty of info on these tasks.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
The transmute recipes can be bought from the treasure card vendor in Celestia Base Camp. Additionally, when you finish this and you are ready to craft the wintertusk gear, you need to use the grizzleheim crafting table which is located in Northguard in grizzleheim. Good Luck, because it's not an easy task ahead of you! -elijah darkthorn, corwin sandstalker- grandmaster artisans

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Drops, gardening, and transmutes are ways to get them too, outside of the bazaar.

-Golden Pearls. Garden from Fickle Pickle, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, and Silver Trumpet Vine. Also can transmute from recipe, 15 pearls = 1 golden pearl.

-Sandstone. Garden from Fickle Pickle, Maelstrom Snap dragon, Deadly Helephant Ears, and Evil Magma peas but the last 2 are crowns only seeds that do not reliably drop seeds of themselves, so very costly. Dropped by most Celestia bosses in the last half of the world. Trasmute from recipe 10 stone block = 1 sandstone.

-Sunstone. Garden from Fickle Pickle, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Evil Magma Peas, and King Parsley. King Parsley dropped it the most often for me, and though it is also a crowns seed, I got some from bosses in the Labyrinth on DS, and it does reseed itself well. Dropped by Celestia bosses in the last half of that world. Transmute from recipe, 15 sandstone = 1 sunstone.

The treant cards you need can be puchased from the Astral archivist, but only after you reach level 55.

And the lack of link between Balthazar Dragonthorn and Pierce Stanson is not really a defect. All my characters were in Floating Lands before level 55, so sending someone to Pierce at level 45 or so when they finish the Dragonspire crafting quests would just make them mad when the treant cards they need can not be traded or crafted, only purchased at level 55.

Hope you find what you need. I spent many hours running the 'Pearl Circuit' in the Grotto in the wee hours of the morning trying to get my reagents for that quest. It just takes time.