Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 pet Disappointment

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Ok, I don't gripe much (well, at least not publicly) but I can't resist the urge to vent a little bit about this one...
I was very excited to get my Judgement pet at Level 58 and rushed off to the training area to start training my newest cool pet.
Level 58 pets have great potential to get useful talents (read - no selfish talents) and my other level 58 pets have turned out great.

I don't have a great balance pet and have been using a krok pet that has Balance it (accuaracy) almost since Wizard City. My Hydra did not train well and I have never used it for questing and I have had several other balance pets that never really amounted to much either.
Anyway, those days were over and now I finally had an awesome pet to quest with on my Balance wizard... or so I thought. :D
First talent was (drum roll) "gargantuan card"? What? What good is that I thought? Hmm, ok that's just one talent and I can still get a great pet with 3 useful talents right???
Second talent was (drum roll) "Vengence bubble card"? WHAT?? Really? What good is that? What the heck is going on? TWO cards that I already have the Sun spell equivalent for... hmph PLUS - They are classified as Epic talents? lolzzz I think I would rather have common or rare talents.
rable rable rable

Anyway, I am retiring my Judgement pet, no sense wasting any more effort on it and maybe I think I will just retire my balance wizard too. I will spare you my whining about the balance school but suffice to say I think there are some serious disadvantages to being Balance.

Carry on...
And good luck training to you other Balance wizards. I hope your level 58 pet trains better than mine and you can tell a better story than I...

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I understand your frustrations about the level 58 pet. So far I have gotten 4 of my wizards their level 58 pet.

The first was my forest lord. I would consider gargantuan and vengeance great compared to what that pet got. Life resist, Life shot, May Cast Life trap, and the last Mana Gift. Needless to say he is now discoing his way around my tree house. I did take a risk with him and mixed with a Kraken that had spritely. That mix is now ancient and has spritely, Life resist, storm resist. Even if his epic talent isn't all that good, I will use him because of the resists.

I then took my Balance through WT and got judgement. Again that pet was less than desirable , until I mixed with a wyvern that had spritely and got a fiery judge. That pet gives me Balance resist, spritely, may cast weakness, and may cast ice blade.

The Frog pet i got for the myth was the one that had me shaking my head in resignation. The first three talents were May cast Myth Blade, May cast Myth Trap, May Cast Myth shield. I continued training hoping he would keep his "May Cast" streak, but alas no...He got pip o' plenty (only 4%). I did mix him with the same kraken I used for my Forest Lord and got a topaz Kraken. That pet has all the "May Casts" that his frog mother has along with the spritely from his kraken father.

So far, the wyvern for my ice wizard has been the best one. Pip o' plenty, Ice shot, and spritely.

Don't give up on your judgement pet. Mix him with another pet that has talents you like. You may just get the perfect companion that will follow you throughout the spiral.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I know how dissapointed people can get with hatching results-- I spent hundred of thousands of gold to get an ice hound and when I finally got it I was thrilled. Then I trained it to epic over a period of 4 weeks and it got "Pip-o-Plenty", a little death resist and 112 health (it was epic, but the last talent was just +25 strength and intellect)... I was ok with the health because it got me to 4,076 health but my friend's ice hound gave her feint, health, resist (all-around) AND spritely. I know what you're going to tell me-- it's just chance what you get-- but I they could have given it a LITTLE more chance of getting something good...

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I guess I lucked out with my Judgement, I got

Pip O' Plenty +4%
Vengeance card
Spritely
Health Gift +113

Do I equip my Judgement pet? NO! The "Mighty Judgement" spell stinks! 6 pips for 440 damage +2 random dispells? Sorry, I don't think so. 6 pips will get me a Hydra and almost 1K base damage. I'd rather equip my pet that gives damage and accuracy boosts and a Dragonblade card.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
Most lvl 58 pets are disappointing. The only schools that get good cards from their pets are life and storm. The only reason I even keep my pheonix with me is because he gives me a little extra health. I have finally decided that the only pet worth training is a sea dragon and am saving up my money to get one.