Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why am i bad at pvp! Im death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
I'm a lvl 60 and always end up losing! Can someone teach me to play pvp the right way.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Drkungpow3 wrote:
I'm a lvl 60 and always end up losing! Can someone teach me to play pvp the right way.
Death HAS always had trouble with pvp, sry

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Death does not i am a captain death 60 and i am very good at pvp
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
Drkungpow3 wrote:
Death HAS always had trouble with pvp, sry

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Drkungpow3 wrote:

Death, just like life, is a supporting school. Death does best when paired with a power hitter, like storm or fire. Let the power hitting school tank, and you as death get in behind them and eat away at the other side with attacks like poison or health stealers that shields can't stop like vampire.

Defender
May 30, 2009
If your deck is set up correctly, you will win more matches than lose them. Death, to me, is one of the easiest schools to pvp with because not only are you dealing damage with your attack, most of the time you are also healing in the process. Pack poison, vampire and gargantuan. Don't go for dragon and wraith all the time and don't be too predictable. Be sure to shield often and use infection. Train weakness and tower if you have the training points. Make treasure scarecrows and keep them in your sideboard to take care of minions if the need arises. You don't always have to boost up for a huge hits with spirit blades, feint and curse...personally I think it's a waste of time and pips since most of the time they shield anyway. Take your time and try to make your opponent heal often...if they are using the pips to heal then they can't use them to hit you. Mastery amulets are helpful if you want to throw off school spells to throw them off a little. Try out different strategies and see what works best for you and good luck in the arena!

Survivor
Apr 19, 2011
Actually not really, i am a lvl 60 captain death and i do more than fine. Death is a more complicated school to use and it is NEVER good with trying to kill your opponent quick even with the bone drakes amazing power. You always wanna put up doom and gloom and slowly take down their health. Dont underestimate wraiths power either. It may be weak and with resist it cant do much heal. But with some blades you can get a good 5-600 heal. Not only do we have the advantage of being able to survive longer with our drains but when you need ot hit hard you can use dragon or poison, who also shouldn't be underestimated. Plus after playing pvp for some time it isnt all about just hitting but about timing and tempo to your attacks and stuff. For example putting weakness when you suspect you may be attacked is helpful or shielding and such. There is A LOT more to pvp than it seems and its not like PvE where you can just throw random spells and try to kill.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Drkungpow3 wrote:

Death, just like life, is a supporting school. Death does best when paired with a power hitter, like storm or fire. Let the power hitting school tank, and you as death get in behind them and eat away at the other side with attacks like poison or health stealers that shields can't stop like vampire.

I agree. Death is best when paired up to support a strong hitter. Each school has it's own purpose in pvp.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Drkungpow3 wrote:
what you pvp stail?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
Even though i could probably find this advice somehere else. But this is the topic that saved my PVP life. I honestly didnt know death is good for sapping life slowly. I have been trying to do 1 hit KOs all the time. But ever since i saw this advice yesterday I haven't lost a match yet (10 wins in a row)