Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting worth it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I am a new crafter :? . In the past I would ignore the quests for crafting but once I got to celestia (yes, i put it off that long), I saw you could craft awesome amulets and later I saw an awesome hat benefitting my first and secondary school. After that I did the crafting quests like crazy. Now I jus finished the mooshu one, which I thought wasn't too bad. I looked at the dragonspyre one and now I am having second thoughts about doing it, due to needing to collect about 75 diamonds (I currently have five ). I thought you could buy them but the only place is the bazaar and I am never fast enough. I am considering to not accept the quest but all my work will go to waste. But I also don't want to have to collect a billion ore. Should I quit or tough it out?

Tiffany pixigem - level 54 theurgist

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I would say yes it is worth it to have at least one of your wizards complete all the crafting quests and become a Grandmaster Artisan.
It does seem like a lot of work to finish the quests in DS and then CL (especially on your first wizard) but the ability to craft comes in handy.

I have 3 Grandmaster Artisan wizards on my account.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Keep plugging along, keep in mind you can harvest at ore sites-I can generally get one diamond for every 4-7 harvests when I do reagent farming around the spiral-also tranmute diamonds, and at random points at the bazaar people seem to dump dozens at a time. I know it is frustrating, but in my opinion the items that one can craft at Grandmaster Artisan, especially some of the new Wintertusk items makes the trials worth it. See if you have some bored friends that can scope out sites for you to port and harvest; or for them collect and transmute and sell at bazaar for you to buy as well, I've helped several friends in such ways, showing them my routes and selling stuff I have no use for at the time.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Aelita987 wrote:
I am a new crafter :? . In the past I would ignore the quests for crafting but once I got to celestia (yes, i put it off that long), I saw you could craft awesome amulets and later I saw an awesome hat benefitting my first and secondary school. After that I did the crafting quests like crazy. Now I jus finished the mooshu one, which I thought wasn't too bad. I looked at the dragonspyre one and now I am having second thoughts about doing it, due to needing to collect about 75 diamonds (I currently have five ). I thought you could buy them but the only place is the bazaar and I am never fast enough. I am considering to not accept the quest but all my work will go to waste. But I also don't want to have to collect a billion ore. Should I quit or tough it out?

Tiffany pixigem - level 54 theurgist

tough it out it will be worth it,thanks to crafting (in wintertusk)my storm hits 90% damage and has extra blade an trap, helm/robes the boots not worth it and my death hits 75% extra blade and trap again boots not worth it,plus wand crafting and house crafting.
My wife crafts everything lol its worth it.

m.redblood death

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Crafting is worth it. When my life wizard turned level 45, i crafted her the longcoat of grim elan( i think thats what its called), and i was stronger then my legendary. it will cost you some time to make stuff, but in the end, you wil like the results.

Diana Raven Level 60
Ashley MistDreamer Level 50

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Yes, yes it is. If you look at the houses you can craft at Celestia and Grizzleheim you will be stunned. Though getting up to Grandmaster is hard work. It WILL pay off. I am currently underway of crafting a Rod of Rime from a vendor in Celestia. Looks cool! You should go ahead. I think the only thing that will be a hard time is Sandstone/Sunstone those are hard to find and get. Happy crafting!

Aaron Winterriver
Level 56 Grandmaster Thaumturge