Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
noahdd on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Awesome way of thinking, you a warlord?
No, I'm a Private!

Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Leave the pet MC Fairy(Pixie) alone. My best pet has only MC Fairy at Mega. I am currently working on others with this MC heal Only. We have all worked very hard to get our pets where we want them. It is no one else's fault if you and others have not done the same with your own pets.

Triage is just fine as it is and does what it was designed to do. Plus, if MassTriage is being used it does cost 3 pips.

Shift and MB, as much as I dislike them being used against me, I also have wizards in both schools so leave those alone as well.

PvP is supposed to be about strategy, not removing or nerfing everything because you haven't found a way to get around them.
Cause doing minigames is working hard.

Huh.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
When you create a duel, there is a little button where you can change the maximum level of players in the duel. So that players can fight opponents closer to their own power. Just look around a bit when you create a duel.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Am I the only one who knows about the button that adjusts the maximum level of wizards in a duel, I've seen it. And it makes sure the fight is at least fair, please look around next time you create a pvp.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Scurvy Orion Lanya... on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Cause doing minigames is working hard.

Huh.
Sarcastic one eh?

Well, constantly spending 50 000 gold to hatch with someone who has an decent pet is "hard."

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
1320Wraith on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
When you use a very strong overtime, any of the overtime affecting spells he mentioned with opponent first still work just as fine; I always try and keep an overtime killer in hand, especially when my opponent is obviously fire. If you are first, your overtime has 2 free hitting turns, if second, your overtime has 1; but when its hitting a good 2000-3000 damage, even taking one turn off helps A LOT. Mana burn you can still use pips, but when you get hit with one every 3 rounds then you really can't do anything beyond your rank 6 spell. And I've made plenty of very overpowered pets pretty easily. Maybe some people are unlucky on manifests, but after 1 or 2 pain-giver or mana gift at mega fails, I got a SPUDF and a proof defy ice proof storm and ice ward, which both have served me fairly well.
Ye i also have über pets by now, but the hard thing is creating your first good pet. Withy a crappy pet nobody wants to hatch with you, even friends are hard to ask for help. After your first lucky hatching the alternatives are wider.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Darkshadow928k on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I dont think is it fair either .
I also dont believe it is fair at all that boy wizards get the commander robe
from bundles and the girls have to fight hard in PVP in order to get the girl
commander robe which isn't fair at all cause some don't like or even can
win in PVP cause K I has ruined PVP, more people cheat in PVP
and many times have to battle warlords which have allot of playing hours
and XP or have to resort to cheating in doing PVP. How is this fair to girl
wizards that dont do PVP and now warlords have tournaments to win better
prizes so give the others a break and let the girls have the robe.
Excuse me, but what made you think they made PvP anti-girl?

I've been in many matches and I'm still a private but I only do it to sharpen my mind and save up for cool things like the armor and the housing.

Please dont take this as an insult I didn't mean it to be if it is.

Now play smart and play nice

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
WaitingForSomethin... on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
So true, PvP is ruined, having to face over powered cheaters with nothing but treasure cards, high resist and health at level 10 just shows how far PvP has fallen.
PvP isn't fallen.
It's just the people and how they like to cheat.
Now I've faced Prometheans and beat them because of the fatal flaws in their armor.
My advice, if they speak first stay quiet and study what gear they have. Dont worry if they are higher level than you just find the chinks in their strategy and armor and take advantage of that.
Even WW gear has it's flaws, just look closely at their stats and think "What are the weak links?" than you'll be on the road to victory. Don't think of every loss as a loss but a much better win.
With every loss you can see your weak points and what you should have done instead to make your pvp style better.

Now play smart and play nice

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Mark Dragonstone68... on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I agree that it is annoying getting crushed by the high level people. They should match you up with some one about your level in the 1vs1 battles. It's also not fair for the advanced players to win prizes by effortlessly defeating low leveled wizards.
They match you up according to what is nearest to your level and pvp stat.

The longer it take the bigger the difference.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
Another counter to mana burn is empower. It will hurt a bit unless you have decent resistance, but you'll get some pips back, while the opponent just used theirs up, and you might be able to attack with some decent damage before they have a chance to use it again.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Eric Windheart on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
let me think you a girl you bad at pvp and you really want the robe
No it has to do with why should it be so easy for guys to get the robe for nothing through a bundle they bought (which btw I have bought all the bundles and never got anything like that) and the guys get it and didnt even have to work for it and we girls have to fight for it (How) is that even fair huh...
And actually PvP isnt fair when they team you up with higher lvls if your a lower level or team you up with warlords with experience which isn't fair either cause they have the experience and knowledge that new comers don't .

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
1320Wraith on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
When you use a very strong overtime, any of the overtime affecting spells he mentioned with opponent first still work just as fine; I always try and keep an overtime killer in hand, especially when my opponent is obviously fire. If you are first, your overtime has 2 free hitting turns, if second, your overtime has 1; but when its hitting a good 2000-3000 damage, even taking one turn off helps A LOT. Mana burn you can still use pips, but when you get hit with one every 3 rounds then you really can't do anything beyond your rank 6 spell. And I've made plenty of very overpowered pets pretty easily. Maybe some people are unlucky on manifests, but after 1 or 2 pain-giver or mana gift at mega fails, I got a SPUDF and a proof defy ice proof storm and ice ward, which both have served me fairly well.
Not really, most use a fire elf the next round, or another low pip DOT. So when you remove/give it back it will take the lower pip DOT. I do this on my death, blades, doom, skeletal dragon, then poison.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
bulldog7867 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
I find mana burn to be over powered in pvp I faced balance and all they do is mana burn you can't even cast a spell with 8 pips cause of that card they spam it over and over then shield and or judge then they burn you again.
When they do that just spam BACK! I do this on my storm, if they spam it, then i spam bolt/bats. If they wouldn't spam i would shield and bat/bolt to remove shields, then Storm Owl. The funny thing is after the battle, they call me a noob for spamming back.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Happy Fun Ball on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Another counter to mana burn is empower. It will hurt a bit unless you have decent resistance, but you'll get some pips back, while the opponent just used theirs up, and you might be able to attack with some decent damage before they have a chance to use it again.
then you have supernova...

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
I am a warlord put even I have to agree. its not fair that we warlords or anyone have to fight wizards that are 20 lvl higher than us regardless of their rank i:

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Wizgamer105 on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Sarcastic one eh?

Well, constantly spending 50 000 gold to hatch with someone who has an decent pet is "hard."
So you're taking someones "Hard" work away just because you're not willing to put up with what they did? Just because someone has a robe that gives stats that they got as a drop means they can't use it because they worked for it? I am sorry, but there is no need to be complaining about something that you're unwilling to try. Getting a decent pet is as easy as saying please to a guy in the arena with the pet you want. If you go to the hatchery, no one will because they are all focused on the same thing you are.

Mana Burn: The meta is offensive now, Use the pips that he is burning and the spell quickly becomes worthless.

Since your death, Ever here about Bad Ju-Ju? Since this is a pvp thread, this spell is very important. If used right, you can prevent massive damage, and heal it over by using vampire.

Triage: I hate this spell personally and always will, but i will say it is completely valid. Life wizards and others who have it in tc form usually only have about 4 in their decks, the way you counter this is use a big dot and have a minion cast fire elf or link. (Or use poison after your bone drag!)

Shift: It's there, but lets face it. Myth wizards are extinct and the spell is rare. You won't have a problem with this spell unless your casting critical max heck hounds / Bone dragons.

No one has brought up ices heal steal, Lore master, Link, Plague, Shatter, Earth, Enfeeble, Cleanse, Lord of winter, Orthrus, or Weakness up yet. they're definitely "Key" Pvp spells. Each have a counter, Its not op unless its way out of line for the school. (IE Balance / Storm dot)

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
Okay first off shift is not overpowered in any way in the fact that it costs four pips and can be dispelled. Mana burn can be a bit over powered sometimes but it still costs pip and again dispels and pip saving can help you overcome that spell so you can hit them hard. And if you don't like the dot system, you should have read the description at character creation so you would know now to pick something like fire.

John Battle Blade (90 storm student) all da way!

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Shayden181 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Not really, most use a fire elf the next round, or another low pip DOT. So when you remove/give it back it will take the lower pip DOT. I do this on my death, blades, doom, skeletal dragon, then poison.
And if the other person is going first your absolutely ruined, or if they are going second and are smart about triage/shift. My fire has usually just done wyldfire vengeance link link link efreet, because chances are with any big overtimes you'll go up against someone who knows what to do with them.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Darkshadow928k on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I dont think is it fair either .
I also dont believe it is fair at all that boy wizards get the commander robe
from bundles and the girls have to fight hard in PVP in order to get the girl
commander robe which isn't fair at all cause some don't like or even can
win in PVP cause K I has ruined PVP, more people cheat in PVP
and many times have to battle warlords which have allot of playing hours
and XP or have to resort to cheating in doing PVP. How is this fair to girl
wizards that dont do PVP and now warlords have tournaments to win better
prizes so give the others a break and let the girls have the robe.
There are so many things wrong with what you just said. First thing, boys do not have a better chance to get gear than girls do. And secondly it is impossible to cheat unless you hack the game. Treasure cards ARE NOT cheating, in fact nothing is cheating. If it is part of the game and available to use then take advantage of it. If you don't then it is your own fault for not winning.

As far as ranking up is concerned the title of warlord is only limited to the players who are pros and mastered the dynamics of the game. When I started my level 5 PvP character at first I had to go up against warlords with arena gear even from second, but I still beat them. I had ranked up to warlord before I even had enough tickets to buy the boots and only had one loss. The reason I could do this was because I was prepared. I already had good gear(not arena gear but still good). I had an awesome pet that took me months of hatching to get, I had all the treasure cards I needed ready to use and I already had a strategy thought up. Also on a side note I have mastered the game, I know all of the spells form all of the schools, I know common strategies and what to expect from other players as well as what I should do to prevent it. The thing I am trying to say is that I think ranked PvP should be taken seriously, if you just jump in and give it a go then you are probably going to loose because no one will be going easy on you. Anyone who goes into the arena unprepared deserves to loose.

But anyway hates are always going to hate.

The only thing that I will agree with on this tread is that sometimes the level gap between players can be too much which is unfair. For example one player is above level 50 and has critical and the other player is below 50 and does not have critical or critical block.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Duncan WindLeaf on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
KI, i think you should make the Pvp in Wizard101 a bit more fair. For example, when I was level 10 I rushed straight to the arena. However, when I quick-joined, I was faced against a wizard with over 1,000 health. No need to say what happened next, because it is so obvious how the battle ended, but I thought it was very unfair. What I am saying is that when a wizard quick-joins a fight in PvP, you should try to match them up with someone around their level. If there is no one around their level signing up for a PvP match, set them up with a robot so they can still fight an even match. Just make it like a wooden construct or something. Thanks for listening,and I hope you agree with me.

Still healing bruises, Duncan WindLeaf, Adept Diviner, Level 32
I agree with this.

My poor fire wizard is level 23 and has made it to sergeant in both the first and second ages, but she never stays there for long~ as a private, she fights level 5-15 warlords with uber pvp gear and pet; as a sergeant, she fights level 60 warlords with critical and 10 times her health.

I have pixies. I have a Storm mastery amulet (that I got in Waterworks on another wizard and has been collecting dust in my shared bank); I have tower shields, stun block, infallible, and high-powered TC. Even with conviction, I can't block critical.

I've also been let down by teammates in 2v2. Both of them spoke out loud (which you never do in pvp)~ I was a corporal at the time and got paired with a level 43 private who had no idea how to play; the second was a level 5 private who fled because I couldn't heal him (fire can only self-heal).

I can hold my own against warlords. But it gets annoying after a while. I already know I'll never get my pvp gear this way~ how can I, when my opponents have such huge advantages straight out of the gate? Even Infallible can't counter 100% resist.

PvP matches should be based on level and rank. KI needs to stop pulling names from a hat, ASAP.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
bunnyukti on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Pvp is a bit annoying now a days. Like I always get paired up with some level 30 that spends all of his allowance on crowns. I mean he has his/her entire outfit including the pet. And of course thats the last of me. But the only reason that i loose so hard is that i am life. Life is the worst solo pvp ever. We are the healing school and if we are alone, we fall. Hard. And i think that the arena tickets and rating changes should be made based on effort. Like, if I put up a fight with a crown shop warlord for 30 minutes is a 20 ticket for me. And if am defeated in the second turn, then less points are deducted.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 63

Sierra Hex - - level 33
The PvP gear a level 30 warlord is wearing is not bought with crowns, but with arena tickets earned through many many matches. Maybe they have a wand from a pack or something, but crowns does not rule the arena gear department at the lower levels.

Just because a pet can be bought for crowns does not mean it's a good pet. There isn't a pet in the entire spiral, bought with crowns or not, that is going to give you great talents in all slots at first generation. Pets must be hatched over and over and over and over, and trained over and over and over. It takes a lot of time and effort.

Now, The Jade Gear. That is bought with crowns.

There is also the lower level warlord's perspective, like in one of the examples listed above. A level 30 warlord facing a level 60 private is a tough situation to be in, since the warlord probably has no critical block. It's a David and Goliath situation. One has the power but not the skills; the other has the skills, but much less power.

My level 50 myth faces level 90 privates all the time, and sometimes unbridled raw power wins. That's just the deal.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Pirates in the Sky on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Unbalance TC to stop mana burn?
Yes, because we all have balance masteries to make this a viable strategy.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Here's what I hate: Hades gear spammers. I mean, I've beaten 80% of people I come across.I was real close to getting warlord on my balance; then out of nowhere, I lose 29 times to, you guessed it... HADES SET SPAMMERS! A girl said to me, "The new gear is all about spamming low pip spells for quick rank up." Really?You have to be kidding me. I have never spammed a day in my life and got Commander in 2nd Age easily. Then you got these Hades set spammers with like 400+ critical and like 50- block. Even balance has this sadly. My balance is old school. He's level 90 with 260 critical, 214 block, 61% damage, around 4500 health, myth and death mastery, resists of 49% to storm and fire, 40% to ice and 29% to every other school, 5% pierce, 68% pips, 43% incoming 0% outgoing, and a wand that gives me a tower shield spell with blinding light spell as well. I prepare each fight with some tc tower shields, tc shatters and then I go into battle. I made my way to warlord with a single strike chimera, I dont spam scorpion or judgement, but apparently I lost 29 times to the spamming wannabes. So now I'm corporal again... was only one win from warlord too..I blade up, heal with balance heals only when needed, I dont have any life spells, infallible, shatter if needed, then Chimera to their faces. And all the while they're spamming and criticaling while I just block and they rage when I block. So far, I've lost 29 times to these ignorant morons. K.I., please do us all a favor and make Hades set non-pvp like you did with most minion spells. This will weed out the noobs and let the real fighters excel, as well as make PvP fun again.
With great concern,

Kane Nightweaver

Defender
May 29, 2013
John RubySpear on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Whether it is hard to obtain or not, no one should have that kind of advantage unless the other person has it as well. You have to experience the frustration to fully understand what it is like to be "cheated".
People who dedicate themselves deserve an edge in PVP. It's something everyone can get.
The bigger frustration is when you work, spending hundreds of cash and crown on good pet snacks and hatching, only for it to not have the desirable abilities. If they dedicate themselves to training, they won't have to worry about their advantage, because they'll have it too

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
last night my friends and I wanted to do some 3v3 or 4v4 pvp. We had a 4v4 team, but waited for 30 minutes and didn't get a match. Then when 1 friend had to go, we tried a 3v3 team and waited for 30 minutes, got a match, the other team left, then we had to wait another 30 minutes. We ended up not getting a match the whole night! 1.5 hours of waiting for a fun team pvp match and we got nothing! Please KI make the matching system faster, as pvp is one of the best parts of the game, and it is so annoying to wait for hat amount of time and not get a match. (p.s. we are not really serious pvp-ers and just do it for fun so when you just want to just have fun it is annoying to wait an hour and a half with no matches)

Have any of you had similar issues? What can be done to speed up the system?

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73