Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
You are right because I am a level 10 and everyone thinks I am weak BUT I beat my friend she was a level 14.Everyone may join a different battle but the high levels shouldn't all gang up and win by that. Everyone should have a fair chance :D

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
You guess do have a point. Anyway I am level 46 and I helped lots of leves of 10 to 20 and its fun.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I am a level 70, and I like to join the lower levels side :P
For example, it will be a 4v4 practice, I will join a team, than 2 other lvl 60+'s join my team, and the other team has levels 30 and below, even though I know chances are I am going to lose, I still switch teams, and sometimes I beat those high levels! ;D
Just gotta figure out a strategy guys, get those 18% resist pets (: (Spell proof spell defy and a selfish talent I dont remember the name of)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
monkeybow1 wrote:
I am quite mad! :( When I do PvP and I go on a team, all of a sudden a high level player goes in the team then switches to the other. It's not cool how high levels treat lower levels unfairly. For instance, I went on a team with a level 64 life. As soon as I got there, the level 64 went to the other team. I mean, I know they don't want to be on a team with a level 10 or something but really? Just because they are low level doesn't mean they aren't strong. I can go to the wizard City Bazaar and buy STRONG treasure cards, I can buy armor that gives me treasure cards, and I can equip a pet that gives me a card. I can also buy an amulet at the Wizard City Bazaar. And yes, I know you can change the settings to for example levels 12 - 23, but it still isn't fair. Can someone PLEASE fix this? If it doesn't get better, I am just going stop PvP. If you are one of the people who do this: Please Stop! It's rude, ya' know.

~Jennifer LifePetal Level 11 Life
You cant keep people from being people sorry.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I am kinda confused, what do you mean they switch teams? Are you talking about ranked matches or practices matches.. I have never heard of anyone being able to switch teams in a ranked match-

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
kileygurl wrote:
Ok, so recently i found out how UNFAIR pvp has became since i first did it. Now I like to PvP on my level 16 storm with some of her level 16 friends. The highest rank any of us have is veteren, and we go against legends ALL the time. It is EXTREAMLY annoying and i think Kingsisle should fix it as soon as posssible.
Was it ranked or practice? That may determine how you get opponents. In practice you can put a lvl limit on your match.
I do ranked

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
kileygurl wrote:
Ok, so recently i found out how UNFAIR pvp has became since i first did it. Now I like to PvP on my level 16 storm with some of her level 16 friends. The highest rank any of us have is veteren, and we go against legends ALL the time. It is EXTREAMLY annoying and i think Kingsisle should fix it as soon as posssible.

Kileygurl,

Two things,

1. Did you join the match and wait a long time? If so, then KI starts and keeps expaaning the search very quickly now. If you stay in longer than one minute, you are very likely to get a Wizard group one level higher.
If you stayed for for a longer time, the separation gets larger and larger.
I am betting this is exactly what happened to you.

2. If you had an upper Ranked group, and the Legendary were all privates, this can happen too if you stay in tehque too long.

Joe.
Sometimes I will wait a while and ussauly we will just make a new one. When we first started pvp it was pretty easy, but now we get legends and it annoys the heck out of me!! Weve beaten one lvl 68 and almost killed a 70 balance (about 400-600 away lol) It really should be fixed..

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
lol, I have experienced this countless times the first couple years before I got my sub, I was living proof that level 10 (actually i was 12) is strong, I had battled (on a few occasions) where I had beat 20's 30's (and one time) a level 50. And the only treasures I used were skeletal pirates!

Well, anyway. I digress.

I really enjoyed a high lvl switching sides because I would know that in battle he would ignore me and attack the stronger person, leaving me to build pips and blades/traps!

Now that I am a high level I do the opposite, If I see a high level join me and there is a low level on the opposing team I switch to their side. (they are amazing for sapport!)

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
Ok, I'm now a level 45 Conjurer, and a pvp corporal. I am going up against level 30-40 WARLORDS or level 60-70 privates. They have so much resist, the best gear, and pets and stuff. As for the higer levels but lower ranks ... well, you know how those go. :-(

Anyway, the battles are really unfair and I'm losing to all these people. I have won 72 times and lost 94 times! Kingsisle should make the matches more fair, level by level, rank by rank.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
It is fair.
If you fight with low levels but with high ranks, you have the advantage of level and they the advantage of rank(resist and such).
While you have more powerful and better spells, they have resist, and that would make them hit equal, but there are people with a lot of resist, such as 60%. I am a level 30 knight, and I had to fight a level 45 life. She was private, of course.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
My opinion: When searching a ranked PvP match, what should happen is that you will be more likely to find a match with someone around your level/rank than someone higher or lower than your level/rank. Say, a level 50 private would be more likely to be facing off against a level 48 private than a level 70 warlord.

And, if the system can't find someone close to your level to go up against, well, then you could get the level 70 warlord.

I mean, the matchfinding system should prioritize finding a match between someone very close to your rank and level, compared to random match finding.

I had trouble with this many times before in PvP, and it's a pain in the neck.

-Inc4ns-

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
PVP now is unfair, period. For these reasons:
-ice has to much resist, and way to much health
-people are spamming treasure cards, and there should be a pvp for no treasures.
-guardian spirit is being spammed and there is almost no way to kill a life guy now, there should be only on resurrection

These are all I can name as of now, tell me what you guys think.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
knightmare12 wrote:
-people are spamming treasure cards, and there should be a pvp for no treasures.
-guardian spirit is being spammed and there is almost no way to kill a life guy now, there should be only on resurrection

PvP AND PvE are now unbalanced and have been for quite some time and unless there are some changes made, it is only going to get worse.

There is a way (although I don't know where it is) that you can check the base health for each school.

Ice has always been high in resist and health and some of that comes from gear. Some of the items that a wizard can equip from ZF gives some high resists and rightly so when you consider our wizards are supposed to be getting stronger as we advance through the worlds of the spiral. Each school is based on certain elements in real life. If you have ever experienced and Ice storm in real life, then you know how long the LIFE of that Ice storm can last. Ice can be defeated. You just need to learn a new strategy.

Spamming unfortunately has gotten out of hand in all aspects of the game not just PvP. Have you ever noticed how much "weakness" is spammed by your opponents is PvE? Judge is spammed by the Sharks in District of the Stars. There are others as well, but we learn to deal with it and move on.

As for Guardian Spirit being spammed, that is highly unlikely. At 5 pips per cast it is not a smart move and you cannot STACK this spell. Plus 5 pips for a 15% chance to revive is just not practical and without some good healing boosts and a possible crit that may or may not work, it is pointless to waste the pips for this spell. It would be more pratical to use those pip toward your best life spell and hopefully you have as many buffs up as you can get.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
knightmare12 wrote:

First, this should be in the PvP category.
Second, this has been posted, complained about and discussed to death.
I do not do PvP for many reasons...and I have a legendary ice wizard. It is not, never was, and probably never will be "fair" to everyone.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
I agree that pvp is getting unfair with the new spells and spamming.

And, ice might have high resist and health but their attacks aren't as strong as the other schools so it gives you time to kill them before they defeat you.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
knightmare12 wrote:

First, this should be in the PvP category.
Second, this has been posted, complained about and discussed to death.
I do not do PvP for many reasons...and I have a legendary ice wizard. It is not, never was, and probably never will be "fair" to everyone.

RavenLady777, you are quite right. This should be in the PvP category and I should have caught that as well.

But also in reply, KI is trying to find a fix for some of the issues but it will take them time to do so. KI staff does a lot of testing before anything comes to us for test. They do have to make sure their fix is not going to have an adverse effect to the system already in place.

Also, if you are a newer player, don't wait until you raise a wizard all the way to level 80 before going to the arena. You need to start PvP as soon as your wizard is allowed to enter the arena. Your wizard is matched by wizard level and not PvP rank.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
i am mad i was playing on my ice wizard [hes a sergent lvl44] and i got pared up with a [lvl69 pvp knight] is that fare seriously thats not fare fix that problem now.If that happed to you leave a message with what happend to you 8)

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
That isn't even possible, I am a warlord level 60 and i play private-knight level 70-80 wizards, I kinda feel like you just made that up to get replies. Just my opinion.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
no im not kidding and im not lieing ok it really happend.I just want people to say to kingsle to fix this right now so pvp is fair somtimes

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Well, after seeing what happened to me I actually might believe you. I received 1 point for a win against a level 80 sergeant storm and lost 27 points when I lost to a level 80 sergeant balance and I was a level 60 warlord.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
You could win the match. it will be hard but you can. if you do win you get a lot of points but if you lose you dont lose to much in a match like this. am i correct?

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
The other day, i decided to try my luck at a 1v1. The first two, i won, no problem. But then i got to the third one. Against an archmage storm warlord in full level 70 crown gear with nearly 4,000 life. Let me put this in perspective. I'm an ice, level 74 ( 72 at the time), and a private. My point is, in this PVP, people are put against eachother by level, not skill. KI has got to stop putting privates against crown only warlords. Its totally unfair.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
Stop complaining. if you dont want to get paired up with higher ranks then just do practice. Besides the pvp gear that you can get with tickets is not that good. just my opinion