Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waiting for Shock a Lock

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
So I see that silver chests have brought a new minigame to open them. It's kind of simplistic, but then, so is press X to open chest.

What I don't like about it, though, is having to wait after I connect the power source and the lock. That only takes perhaps half of the time allotted, and after that, I just have to sit there and wait. Would it be possible to add something to end the timer?

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
I would like to see and end to it altogether, I dislike the minigame, I win about 2 out 50 times.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I have never seen a silver chest do you just see them on the streets or do you have to battle a boss or what?

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
Tonight was my first time to see Shock-a-Lock. Ummm.. I don't understand the game. It said that you can move them if you left-click with your mouse. I tried but I couldn't get any to move. Is it a game of luck or is it one of skill? Most of them did not connect together so I wasn't sure what I was doing. Obviously, I failed to open the chest. Can anyone explain to me how it's supposed to be played? Thanks!

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Click one piece to highlight it, and then click another piece and they'll swap positions.

If the choice is a game of luck or a game of skill, then it's a game of skill. It doesn't take much skill, though. It's more a game of figuring out the goal and the controls, and then once you get it, it's pretty trivial.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
So I see that silver chests have brought a new minigame to open them. It's kind of simplistic, but then, so is press X to open chest.

What I don't like about it, though, is having to wait after I connect the power source and the lock. That only takes perhaps half of the time allotted, and after that, I just have to sit there and wait. Would it be possible to add something to end the timer?

There already is. just press the space key on your keyboard. No more waiting! Hope this helps
-Elizabeth IceBlossom, level 50 Pyromancer and pyromaniac :-)

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
I personally think that shock-a-lock is easy. It's not that hard just use strait or the ones that go up and down lines to start off, then use those that curve to make it go up or down, then just use strait or those up and down ones to finish. Hope this helped.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
gregac6 wrote:
I would like to see and end to it altogether, I dislike the minigame, I win about 2 out 50 times.

i actually like them, i win 9 out of 10 times and they are the only way to get mutate cards

Hero
May 19, 2009
SushiMiso2 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

There already is. just press the space key on your keyboard. No more waiting! Hope this helps
-Elizabeth IceBlossom, level 50 Pyromancer and pyromaniac :-)

really? i had no idea, now i will no longer have to wait after the 5 seconds it takes me to connect the pieces

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Silver chests are random finds, much like wooden chests- only much less frequent. I've only seen them in Marleybone and Dragonspyre. Step into the blue disc, press x, and it works just like the regular mini-games.
How to play? Click the tiles to reveal the pipe pieces- do it as fast as you can to reveal as many as possible. Then just click the piece you want (left click) and then click the piece you want it to swap places with (left click). Build up the pipes at the entrance and exit, and then connect them in the middle. It usually only takes 2 bends to connect- no need to get fancy.

Use all the extra time to gloat about how absolutely brilliant you are!

Enjoy your free trasure card.

Personally, I'd like to see more of these. As well as golden chests that function the same way, but give items like bosses do.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
yeah they are TOO easy! i win 10 out of 10. Just click on all the turned tiles in a row really fast, you don't need to do it slowly one by one, just click click click away! you still have alot of time after that so just swap the pieces to connect to the end. I recently found out that if you don't like the extra time at the end, simply press spacebar! It will automatically hatch and there you won!

~Blaze DragonFlame, Level 47 Pyromancer

PS: WILL SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME WITH THE LABYRINTH???

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Ladric wrote:

Use all the extra time to gloat about how absolutely brilliant you are!

Enjoy your free trasure card.

Personally, I'd like to see more of these. As well as golden chests that function the same way, but give items like bosses do.

I get a whole 46 tokens, is this worth the trouble? Why are they so low? Should be over 100, or a card. I have NEVER won a treasure card from one, I have from wooden chests but never silver.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I've gotten a vampire treasure card before, and sometimes lame cards like fire cat, but usualy nothing but a weak 48 coins. It may have something to do with how quick you finish. Try waiting to switch the last piece till the fuse is almost there, and maybe treasure cards will start appearing. Just an idea, don't know if it works that way, but may be worth trying out.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2008
I find this game easy and fun. But i think the rewards should be a little better. Last silver chest i won, i only won 68 gold.. and no treasure card.
There also should be a gold chest. And every time you win, you win a random pet from one of the bosses. But the game should be hard.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I believe the Shock a Lock is too hard for people with disabilities to play. I have attempted the game. I have Cerebral Palsy and cannot do hand eye coordination games. Why not have the regular mini games available with a certian score (not known to players)? The various mini games allow for players to self adjust to their skills. I believe the current game is unforgiving and makes people not even want to attempt it because they know they will lose.

Thank you,

John aka Charles TitanBreaker

Defender
Jul 01, 2008