Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane bolt

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The 20% chance of self destruct is to small. The attack of the spell is also boosted by clothes which it should not be. The spell should be reviewed.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Eh - I'm a storm and I hate the bolt spells. Wish they had come up with something a bit more creative for us. I made a post about potential cool storm spells that could be designed.

Want to see my brainstorm?

Brainstorming Ideas to Fix Midlevel Storm PvP :

Disclaimer: This is just a brainstorm, ok? :-P Additionally, the suggested fix will leave storm as the lowest health school, it will leave the storm school without a damage over time spell, it will leave the storm school as the biggest fizzler, it increases storms ability to shield, survive and control buffs and debuffs on the field (especially on their own self).

- ‘Brainstorm’ spell: It storms the brain of your opponent dismissing all buffs to their attack (leaves traps in place). Since storm is weak in health this seems to make sense.

o Rationale: If someone can’t kill a storm unbuffed, they should have their head examined. We are 1000 health in full gear at midlevel.

- ‘Thunderstruck’ spell: This puts two or three thunderstruck debuffs on BOTH players. Neither one can attack for two turns. The floating thunderstruck charms break on every turn.

o Rationale: It buys time for the storm wizard and its minion to heal up or shield if they are hurt but not at the expense of the opponent. It should have been a weakness to the storm school but we can’t add another weakness to the game when balance and death already have three weaknesses combined.

- ‘Rainbow’ spell: This will take ALL the school shields and traps in the field and transform them to the opposite school, both the storm wizard shields and the opponents shields. Absorbs become tower shields. Tower shields remain intact. Feints become 70% and 30% rainbow shields – which shield all schools.

o Rationale: Shield a storm, don’t attempt to tank a storm. It’s an insult to their low health. Worried that they will hit you hard next turn? Don’t be. Rainbow will cost a lot of pips. How to shield if they can rainbow? Hold back on a storm shield. They will be low pips after their rainbow so you should have ample time to find some manner of shield.

- ‘Lightning’ spell: It dismisses storm blades, transforming each of them into weak rainbow shields -30% to all attacks.

o Rationale: We attack strong enough without them, sometimes we just want to stay alive. Called this spell lightning because it is about energy flowing from top to bottom. Dismissing high buffs, gaining bottom shields.

- ‘Water-Proof: It will bounce back an incoming infection to the wizard trying to cast it on you.

o Rationale: They have low health. Do you really need that infection? Really?

- ‘Short Circuit’ spell: This is cast as a SELF-ONLY buff to a storm wizard and what it does is ‘short-circuit’ a damage over time they are suffering from, interrupting the damage over time to one more round.

o Rationale: It makes our thermic shields USEFUL because we will be more attacked by big one hits.

- ‘Acid Rain’ spell: This will remove ONE opponents’s buffs from the field at the cost of removing ALL the buffs on the storm wizard. It costs less pips than Brainstorm obviously. It leaves debuffs in place.

- ‘Storm Minion’ upgrades: it should cast absorb whenever, not just when it’s hurt and it should cast it 50%/50% on itself or storm wizard. Exchange the elemental shield spell for a weak rainbow shield, -30%.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
bravevline wrote:
The 20% chance of self destruct is to small. The attack of the spell is also boosted by clothes which it should not be. The spell should be reviewed.

Thhe spell is bad as it is why are you so worried about it?
Cant use storm trap/blades with it so clothes are almost the only way to boost Insane bolt,or have a friend from death/balance school cast some blades/traps for you or use TC's to boost.

my storm ccan hit about 2k with no boosts an a tower shield cut that to half(88 to damage) so for me to hit harder i need someone to trap/blades for me because my traps/blades are useless with this spell and i still can die from it! the only way i might live from a backfire is if i have more then one type of tower shield on me an how many HP's do you think ill have after that? so few a wand could kill me.

Insane bolt really is not a storm school spell,yes storm gets it as a spell but it's not a storm spell per say,the name only makes it sound like it,I think its a moon spell, all the other schools get a spell that they can use school traps/blades with but not storm all we get to use is cloths and possible death.
You like a higher backfire % fine make it 25-30% and give us back our traps/blades,and you all can have back your storm shields to hide behind.

All KI tried to do was give storm wild bolt back,they did'nt do it,insteed we got a mostly useless spell,put wild bolt bacl to what it was before with 10% accruracy no boosters other then cloths,replace insane bolt with a useful spell please.

Michael RedBlood death
Dakota DrakeDreamer storm

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
Zzatdragon wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Thhe spell is bad as it is why are you so worried about it?
Cant use storm trap/blades with it so clothes are almost the only way to boost Insane bolt,or have a friend from death/balance school cast some blades/traps for you or use TC's to boost.

my storm ccan hit about 2k with no boosts an a tower shield cut that to half(88 to damage) so for me to hit harder i need someone to trap/blades for me because my traps/blades are useless with this spell and i still can die from it! the only way i might live from a backfire is if i have more then one type of tower shield on me an how many HP's do you think ill have after that? so few a wand could kill me.

Insane bolt really is not a storm school spell,yes storm gets it as a spell but it's not a storm spell per say,the name only makes it sound like it,I think its a moon spell, all the other schools get a spell that they can use school traps/blades with but not storm all we get to use is cloths and possible death.
You like a higher backfire % fine make it 25-30% and give us back our traps/blades,and you all can have back your storm shields to hide behind.

All KI tried to do was give storm wild bolt back,they did'nt do it,insteed we got a mostly useless spell,put wild bolt bacl to what it was before with 10% accruracy no boosters other then cloths,replace insane bolt with a useful spell please.

Michael RedBlood death
Dakota DrakeDreamer storm
you just came up with spells for storms to many unluss the make w101 to lvl 100 you need to make up the same amount of spells and different counters for each school.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Insane bolt has never failed on me. I've been called the Daughter of Zeus. But they should decrease the amount of attack if backfired on the caster. So I agree..