Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silver Chests!!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I was wondering if anyone has won the game for the silver chests? I must be a dunce because I CANNOT come even close to winning. I still try since you get some gold even if you lose, but it's a little depressing not to win over and over. If you have won the game, what did you get? Thanks!

Tavia Lifethistle
Life/Death/Storm Master Wizard

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Well. i have gotten about 20 silver chest total in my playing time. never have i been able to complete one. The closest i got was down to the last square before the opening. Which was very dissappointing. But what you have to do is concentrate on only that. It is hard to do . But it works

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
ninnian wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has won the game for the silver chests? I must be a dunce because I CANNOT come even close to winning. I still try since you get some gold even if you lose, but it's a little depressing not to win over and over. If you have won the game, what did you get? Thanks!

Tavia Lifethistle
Life/Death/Storm Master Wizard

One day, I somehow managed to find 5 silver chests. Of the 5, I won 4. I tried at first to just uncover a path across and work with the uncovered pieces, but found it was easier to just uncover every single square and have all of the pieces available to make my own path.

When I lost, I got around 70 gold and each win gave me around 70 gold as well. I don't know if the losing amount has to do with where you find the chest because I found the chests in Dragonspyre, where wooden chests give around 70 gold. Perhaps the losing amount gives whatever you would get from a wooden chest and the winning amount gives close to 100 gold. I do remember that back in beta, I found a silver chest on Colossus and only got around 6 gold when I lost.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I don't really like the silver chests. I can win about 2/3 (I try to uncover every tile and then build the path, or if I uncover enough to get the path , just finish it). What I don't like about them is they appear to be worthless. So far, I have only gotten treasure cards, which I never use, or I just get gold, which is pretty useless for me right now also. (There is no better equipment for me to buy; nothing i need to spend the gold on really.)

The gold I get doesn't seem to be any more than the wooden chests. Lately, I haven't even bothered looking for the silver chests. Doesn't seem to be any point to it.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
i have got a silver chest, i got not only gold out of mine but a gold card of drayd (spell?) it was great. i cant recall how much it healed by but it was for more then the spell it self.

hope this helps

wolf darkblood ps. i got it in dragon

Community Leader
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I found some but nothing really good about them other then a treasure card. I was hoping for some nice gear or some cool treasure card but nothing. Dont go waste your time looking for these.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
I have won about half of the silver chest i found, 2 winnings out of 4, and most of the time i get gold, you would usually find in a wooden chest, about the same amount. Sometimes when you win the silver chest you can get a gold treasure card.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
kimberlyvu518 wrote:
I have won about half of the silver chest i found, 2 winnings out of 4, and most of the time i get gold, you would usually find in a wooden chest, about the same amount. Sometimes when you win
the silver chest you can get a gold treasure card.

of the 5 chests I've found, won 4 of them and only got gold with no card, so what is the point? if I wanted to play mini games I could do that without thinking I'll get more than just gold.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I can't recall any losses with these in the recent past. At first, I was horrible with them, but that was before I understood how it really worked. Once I figured out how to do it, it was easy and I win every time now. As far as no real benefit, that's arguable. I once noticed a slight restore to my health and mana after a few of them, like you would expect from a minigame. Not really enough to brag about, though.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
well i won too silver chests, they are quite easy, i got 100 gold for winning one and some gold and a treasure card for another

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Thank you everyone for the tips on these! Since I originally posted this I have gotten a LOT better at the silver chests and seem to win almost every time I find one. The tip on uncovering all the tiles was the trick I think! :D