Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Leviathan- a slight adjustment

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have seen several discussions about the leviathan,and his need for more,damage,etc. Having tested him on numerous occasions,I think his damage is fine,but would consider making a slight change. When he attacks,he also removes two positive shields from the target after damage is assessed. In its current form, I have found that ability to be useless. I don't use him to wear down shields in repeat attacks, most people I have seen don't either. He is wielded as a "one-shot" kill. This effectively neuters the shield removal usefulness. A much better use would be have the shield-removal activate before damage is struck. I think this slight adjustment would increase the satisfaction and effectiveness of the leviathan exponentially. :D

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I can see this being useful for handling powerful Myth bosses, but in PvP, this would make Leviathan much harder to protect yourself, and it would really upset the balance of PvP 'fairness', conceptually. It's very practical for Storm, but extremely impractical for everybody else.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Um removes two shields and two blades? A bit much! I already thought the damage was way too high, but this just takes it over the top!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
1. It does enough damage
2. Removing shields before would be COMPLETELY unfair
3. Myth is known for removing shields, not storm.

Clase closed.

Think about it.

Turn 1: Storm Blade
Turn 2: Balance/Dragon Blade (Pet)
Turn 3: Storm trap
Turn 4: Feint
Turn 5: Leviathon - Within 5 turns the pet has casted a storm trap or blade. Maybe even both.

1030*1.3*1.3*1.25*1.3*1.7=3,700

Add on 85% clothes boost.

3,700*1.85=6,850 That much damage, in 5 turns. They could spend 3 more turns and boost it to over 15,000 using a balance blade/trap, and a treasure card trap/blade. Not even mentioning the chance of a Critical.

I think Storm does WAY MORE than enough damage as it is. If the other players tower shield/storm shield were removed BEFORE the attack, good storm players would never lose in battle and it would be SO unfair.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
This idea is wonderful!

i personally have a legendary storm and think this idea should come through.
although they're is one thing i thought storm just takes off 2 positive charms, not shields.

Either way, the idea is brilliant!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I do not partake in pvp, so I will take your word for it if people think it will unbalance it.<even though it seems pretty unbalanced from what I have seen from my friends who do>. In a nutshell,the shield removal after damage is pretty much a useless ability. If not swapping it around, then it should be removed in favor of an ability that people will actually use. As stated in the previous thread, I have seen no one use leviathan as a shield breaker. His casting cost pretty much eliminates that possibility.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
I have seen several discussions about the leviathan,and his need for more,damage,etc. Having tested him on numerous occasions,I think his damage is fine,but would consider making a slight change. When he attacks,he also removes two positive shields from the target after damage is assessed. In its current form, I have found that ability to be useless. I don't use him to wear down shields in repeat attacks, most people I have seen don't either. He is wielded as a "one-shot" kill. This effectively neuters the shield removal usefulness. A much better use would be have the shield-removal activate before damage is struck. I think this slight adjustment would increase the satisfaction and effectiveness of the leviathan exponentially. :D

Ummmmmm........ Its 2 charms removed not 2 wards (shields) so with this idea it would remove 2 charms and wards so no

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
yes I should have been more precise, i meant the charms when I incorrectly stated shields.