Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New World: Archipeloga

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
Yes, it is a mouthful. SO, Archipeloga (arCHipelOGA) is a world based on three islands, working with the three "Noble Schools" each pf which has three spells, which are 3 levels apart, Space, a version of Fire except it does less damage with high accuracy, and all of the spells are aura. Time, which couples Myth like attacks (small then big) with stuns, and Imbalance, which combines Balance like untouchability with drain spells (please note the drains will be weaker.) please post ideas for the school spells. Oh, and the enemies are still our basic schools (life, death, etc) but CAN cast Noble SHIELDS (but only for space and time).

So, you start out the world when you hit level 70 ( or the level you get when you end Wintertusk, I wouldn't know, I'm only level 51 ) you get a call for help from what looks like the judgement Seraph (Help, the Emperor is growing out of control! Ambrose, you must help me defeat him!) Disturbed, you take this to Ambrose, who says that Bartelby came not from WIzard city, but from the center of a world called Archipeloga, which, in recent times, has fallen to a tyrannical bureaucracy ruled by an emperor (I figure if you're that kind of level, you know what a bureaucracy is) he then gives you the Archipeloga world key and a training point to get you started in the Noble schools. Upon getting there, you set off to the first island, Jem, which is ruled by the Firelord. You quickly get pointed to the Prophet by a thief who attacks you upon entering. Once you walk over to him, he says that there is a word, a charm that supposedly can unmake the emperor and that the first part of the three syllables lies in the clutches of the Hermit, but his cave is underwater, and beneath the island. So, you run errands for him, (defeating Metallic Ghouls to get the magic rust, etc) and form a potion similar to the one you used in Crab Alley, but much more potent. Once you complete it, you jump into the Grotto, where you fight 10 Raging Currents (look like storm elementals, and are storm) and then use the Force to summon a Whirlwind to guard the path you took. You talk to the Hermet and he gives you the first syllable: Rim (Rim __ __) Then, the Firelord attacks, and you defeat him, forcing him to open up the bridge to the next island. By now you are level 75.
You then get to Fraze (FraZEE), the next island, where a Ratghoul plague has erupted, turning the Denizens into Ratghouls (Myth monsters), and only the Glacial Warrior has the cure, as well as the second part of the Word after meeting up with Baxter, who took the straight and narrow but, in an accident with the sleeper's timepiece ended up here, you start eradicating the sources of the plague (remove the pollution demons from the river, destroy the Fungus, stuff like that ), you decide to destroy the heart of the plague, in the Undercity, where you beat the enchanted Ratghouls (balance) and barge into the Toxic Pit, where you find the skeleton of the Icelord and, more wary, hear the emperor say "I don't care how loyal you've been to me, Firelord, you know the secret of the word, so you must die as well". And you see Firelord fade away. Then the emperor, noticing you, sends out a Reanimated Glacial Warrior (still ice, but the snow armor looks like the black kind and has veins that look like peed in snow) you best him and use his power to both tell you the second syllable, Fex (Rimfex __) you are level 80
and teleport you to the Emperor's domain, the Melting Pot, which is full of guard machines (Whining Clankers, Homunculi, etc). Once there, you declare all out war on the Emperor and use your quests (with, amazingly, the Prophet) to sabotage the ballista, shut down the robot factory, and put the Flak Demon to sleep. Then you go to the FINAL dungeon of the world, where you are told to ring the gong to get an audience with the Emperor. You ring the gong and get into the palace where you finally learn the last bit and shout it put immediately (player voice, yes, I know you'd need a BUNCH of voice actors to accommodate all languages and genders, but if they can afford all this, they CAN) RIMFEXEN! The Emperor, aghast at this, says in a James Earl Jones (Darth Vader) voice that was not his word, but the word of a wizard killed long ago, then he makes a dash down the stairs to the machines, which would load into him every spell there ever was but you cripple him and you fight him. He is a balance. Once you beat him, you destroy the machine and he fades away, presumably to an unexplored world where he'll be safe yet powerful. Merle comes and congratulates you, helping you to release the individual who cried for help, who had been hooked up to the Machine.

Final comments: I know incorporated a heavy steampunk sense into this world, and it might be a little scary at first, but that is the kind of writer I am. I also realize looking back on this I should elaborate more how Baxter came unto contact with the sleeper's timepiece and why it took him to Archipeloga. I also see a hefty lack of side quests, but what the heck, Kingsisle and the players can think of something