Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new spell for the schools

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2009
0k as the title says my ideas for a new spell for each school (not counting sun,star,or moon) here they are:

Fire: Valcano you have to at least be level 40 to use it. it takes away 300 health from each player by a valcano spewing lava at them. needs 5 power pips to cast.

Ice: Santa. you have to be level 30 to use it. takes away 400 health from selected opponit. needs 4 pips. Santa appers when casted says something like 'you've been bad.' and throws coal at you.

Balance: Mummy. you have to be level 40. a mummy appers and whips who ever is getting attacked by this. takes at least 350 (results may very)
requiers 4 pips.

Death: Dr. Frankenstein. He pours a blue liquiod into a beaker filled with a yellow cemicahal it starts smocking and he throws it at you and then takes out a purple liquid in a test tube and throws it at the caster and they get half the health. needs to be level 50 or up. you need X amout of pips and it 7OO.

Myth: Airies. the god airies attacks you some way. you need 4 pips. you need to be level 45 and it takes away 475 to a player.

Storm: Mermaid. A mermaid is summoned to help a player 3 pips. Level 35

Life: Monkey Raid. several monkeys come at pelt you with bannas and coconuts to evach player. X pips , level 48 takes away 250 of each player.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
jayrose5555 wrote:
0k as the title says my ideas for a new spell for each school (not counting sun,star,or moon) here they are:

Fire: Valcano you have to at least be level 40 to use it. it takes away 300 health from each player by a valcano spewing lava at them. needs 5 power pips to cast.

Ice: Santa. you have to be level 30 to use it. takes away 400 health from selected opponit. needs 4 pips. Santa appers when casted says something like 'you've been bad.' and throws coal at you.

Balance: Mummy. you have to be level 40. a mummy appers and whips who ever is getting attacked by this. takes at least 350 (results may very)
requiers 4 pips.

Death: Dr. Frankenstein. He pours a blue liquiod into a beaker filled with a yellow cemicahal it starts smocking and he throws it at you and then takes out a purple liquid in a test tube and throws it at the caster and they get half the health. needs to be level 50 or up. you need X amout of pips and it 7OO.

Myth: Airies. the god airies attacks you some way. you need 4 pips. you need to be level 45 and it takes away 475 to a player.

Life: Monkey Raid. several monkeys come at pelt you with bannas and coconuts to evach player. X pips , level 48 takes away 250 of each player.

None of these spells seem really efficient... or neccesary... or that good, frankly...

10 pips for a spell that only does 300 damage to each enemy? I can do more than that at less than half the cost with Meteor Strike...

Santa seems kind of useless when I can get Ice Wyvern 8 levels before it at the same cost.

Spectral Blast makes Mummy sort of useless...

Frankenstein seems overpowered... 700 damage per pip? Never going to happen...

Airies is the best one here, and it's still sub-par. It's not exactly what Myth needs...

I'm guessing Mermaid is supposed to be a Minion. You will have to be detailed about Minions. You can't just say 'helps the player'. Plus Storm already has a Minion card at the same price.

Life already has a level 48 spell... And yours is overpowered. 250 per pip to each enemy? That's over three times as strong as Tempest... Again, never going to happen.

Sorry if I seemed mean, but it's the truth. These cards would be dead weight to any wizard who has them.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
jayrose5555 wrote:

requiers 4 pips.

None of these spells seem really efficient... or neccesary... or that good, frankly...

10 pips for a spell that only does 300 damage to each enemy? I can do more than that at less than half the cost with Meteor Strike...

Santa seems kind of useless when I can get Ice Wyvern 8 levels before it at the same cost.

Airies is the best one here, and it's still sub-par. It's not exactly what Myth needs...

I'm guessing Mermaid is supposed to be a Minion. You will have to be detailed about Minions. You can't just say 'helps the player'. Plus Storm already has a Minion card at the same price.

Life already has a level 48 spell... And yours is overpowered. 250 per pip to each enemy? That's over three times as strong as Tempest... Again, never going to happen.

Sorry if I seemed mean, but it's the truth. These cards would be dead weight to any wizard who has them.

Death- Vorpal Skull: Description (A giant skull appears and breathes out 775 of death damage and converts half of points health as it breathes back in back to caster. However it also gives the caster half of the victims pips as well.)

Storm- Static Shield: Description (An aura-like field envelopes around the caster so its not a shield that can be taken, and it absorbs 1200 damage from any school. Drain life spells can penetrate it.)

Fire- Volcano: Description (A massive volcano erupts from the ground spewing boulders and lava. As an attack all spell it does 1000 fire damage to the opposing side. Similar to the earthquake spell it destroys all shields of the opposing side as well. The minor drawback is the massive mountain of fire also does 250 fire damage to all members of the casters side as well- so make sure your team members shield before casting it!)

Myth- Mythical Mirror: Description (The caster becomes an exact duplicate in all aspects of the opponent the spell was cast upon for 8 rounds. This includes whatever cards were loaded in their deck, stats, and gear.)

Ice- Avalanche: Description (A massive tidal wave of ice storms across the field as an attack all spell doing 850 ice damage to all. After leaves 1 dispel ice charm on each victim.)

Balance- Titans Hands: Description (Two massage hands of Balance Power appear on both sides of the victim and attack with a thunderous clap smashing the victim between them causing 1100 balance damage.)

Life- Reincarnate: Description (Places one shield/charm on a person of the casters choice including themselves that will heal the person after they have been beaten for 500 health. So if a life wizard is alone and is able to cast this it actually gives them a small second chance after being knocked down.)

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
jayrose5555 wrote:

requiers 4 pips.

Um dude not to be rude but ALL of those except Frankenstein are incredibly useless and under powered with too many pips. 10 pips to cast something that does less then meteor? And something that is the same pips as weavern but with less damage? I hate to be rude, and I really do, but you need to think about these spells through a little bit more.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Temperest wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
jayrose5555 wrote:

requiers 4 pips.

Death- Vorpal Skull: Description (A giant skull appears and breathes out 775 of death damage and converts half of points health as it breathes back in back to caster. However it also gives the caster half of the victims pips as well.)

Storm- Static Shield: Description (An aura-like field envelopes around the caster so its not a shield that can be taken, and it absorbs 1200 damage from any school. Drain life spells can penetrate it.)

Fire- Volcano: Description (A massive volcano erupts from the ground spewing boulders and lava. As an attack all spell it does 1000 fire damage to the opposing side. Similar to the earthquake spell it destroys all shields of the opposing side as well. The minor drawback is the massive mountain of fire also does 250 fire damage to all members of the casters side as well- so make sure your team members shield before casting it!)

Myth- Mythical Mirror: Description (The caster becomes an exact duplicate in all aspects of the opponent the spell was cast upon for 8 rounds. This includes whatever cards were loaded in their deck, stats, and gear.)

Ice- Avalanche: Description (A massive tidal wave of ice storms across the field as an attack all spell doing 850 ice damage to all. After leaves 1 dispel ice charm on each victim.)

Balance- Titans Hands: Description (Two massage hands of Balance Power appear on both sides of the victim and attack with a thunderous clap smashing the victim between them causing 1100 balance damage.)

Life- Reincarnate: Description (Places one shield/charm on a person of the casters choice including themselves that will heal the person after they have been beaten for 500 health. So if a life wizard is alone and is able to cast this it actually gives them a small second chance after being knocked down.)

Vorpal Skull is very intriguing. By itself, it's powerful, but when used at the right time, it could be one of Necromancy's most helpful cards.

Absorbing 1200 damage is a bit of a stretch in itself, but binding it to the caster instead of making it possible to break it or steal it would be overpowered, and Storm already has a monopoly on borderline-overpowered spells.

I WANT to like Volcano, but that minor drawback isn't so minor when you consider Fire boosts and Critical chance. The drawback could be devastating unless it's followed by a Rebirth. To counter that, turn that Fire damage into Sun damage. That makes the worst damage you could do to your friends 500.

Mythical Mirror sounds exactly like a Moon spell, and when used on a boss, it could make Myth overpowered (a tragically ironic oxymoron...), unless this ability can't be used on a boss, in which case... it sounds exactly like a Moon spell.

Avalanche... The spell itself is good, but the effect seems redundant unless you're using the spell on an Ice monster team, and why would you do that? I'd turn that Ice dispell into a Fire dispell, to make it as effective as possible.

Titan Hands sounds like a good spell to tenderize bosses, but outside of boss fights, if there are more than two opponents, it'll start to lose face value. Fortunately, unlike Efreet, it won't lose QUITE as much, because it has no aftereffects.

I don't see much use for Reincarnate, since EVERY heal spell can revive a teammate after they've been beaten. And if the Wizard is alone, if it ONLY works on defeated Wizards, this spell becomes useless, since if you've been defeated before you cast the spell, the spell will be canceled.

These spells LOOK mostly good, but you're missing one important thing with all of them: pip cost. No one can determine how useful it'll be without knowing how much they cost.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
chatter2000 wrote:
jayrose5555 wrote:

requiers 4 pips.

Um dude not to be rude but ALL of those except Frankenstein are incredibly useless and under powered with too many pips. 10 pips to cast something that does less then meteor? And something that is the same pips as weavern but with less damage? I hate to be rude, and I really do, but you need to think about these spells through a little bit more.

more like alot more ( no offense jayrose )

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
jayrose5555 wrote:

I've seen this attack idea a thousand times. Meteor Strike, a Rank 4 spell (given to Pyromancers at Lvl. 22) does more damage than this spell and costs less pips. What would a Lvl. 40 Wizard do with this?

Santa? Really? What are we, 5? Ice and Life have the weakest spells, so why is this spell stronger than the Fire spell, but costs less pips? Also, Santa can't say "you've been bad" since this is an internationally played game.

requiers 4 pips.

Seen this a thousands times too. When an attack may hit higher or lower than 350, that needs to be shown (ex: 330-365). You can't just say, "results may vary". Again the Rank (which is the number of pips an attack would require) doesn't make any sense.

I'll be honest: I like the concept. As much as I like Animate, I rarely use it and it seems like a miscast spell. I'd much rather have a spell that works like Judgment and also converts half the damage to health for me. That being said, the attack is confusing. What does Dr. Frankenstein have to do with Death? Why isn't the monster he created in this? What is the "700" for? This is an X pip spell, which means the spell deals a certain amount of damage for every pip you use when you cast the spell. For example, Tempest is an X pip spell and deals 80 damage per pip to all enemies. 700 couldn't be the damage that the attack does, and it certainly couldn't be the damage per pip.

Myth: Airies. the god airies attacks you some way. you need 4 pips. you need to be level 45 and it takes away 475 to a player..

Ares. Come on, seriously? This spell doesn't work either because of the same problems with rank and level.

Storm: Mermaid. A mermaid is summoned to help a player 3 pips. Level 35.

Every school (except, Myth of course, and Balance) gets one minion. Adding another to Storm wouldn't make any sense especially since Storm is pretty strong on its own and doesn't really need a minion in the first place.

This spell is a combination of your Ice and Death spells: too immature and completely misses the concept of X pip spells.

Final Thoughts: I can't even...where do I begin? You need to play the game more. A lot more. It seems like you've only been playing the game for a week. Problems that I didn't expect to see in spell idea threads I saw here. This just wasn't good. At all. I say scrap this and come back when you have more knowledge of the game.