Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did I deserve that spell?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Sometimes I randomly get a new spell even though I never talked to my teacher. Like one day, I looked in my deck and all of the sudden Helping Hands was there. Another time it was Hex! I don't want these spells to dissapear from my deck but is this a known bug? Has any other Balance wizards experienced this?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Both of those spells are given to Balance wizards when you complete certain quests, I think in Krokotopia. If you had paid more attention when you completed those story line quests you would have noticed that you were being rewarded with the new spell(s).
The spells will never disappear even if you reset your spells with Mr. Lincoln.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
eggywig wrote:
Sometimes I randomly get a new spell even though I never talked to my teacher. Like one day, I looked in my deck and all of the sudden Helping Hands was there. Another time it was Hex! I don't want these spells to dissapear from my deck but is this a known bug? Has any other Balance wizards experienced this?

i am a balance wizard, and was this in Krokotopia? If it was this is normal. there are 2 quests, (i forget which ones) that give you new spells that aren't from alhazred. the 1st was helping hands, and the second is hex. if you weren't in Krokotopia, i don't know what happened.

Zachary Liondreamer level 27 balance.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The spells are given as rewards for finishing the Krokosphinx and Krokotopia. You can check out all spells and how you receive/earn them here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Balance_School_Spells

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Thanks RavenLady777! Looks like the next one I'll get will be BladeStorm.