Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unfair moves

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
i was in pvp and a balance shielded till he had full pips and used judgement, now i think that is unfair they should lower the casting succesion or something cause it is really annoying.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Treyiscool36 wrote:
i was in pvp and a balance shielded till he had full pips and used judgement, now i think that is unfair they should lower the casting succesion or something cause it is really annoying.

its not unfair, ya most likely didnt had a shatter treasure to your deck if ya did ya could have wasted the turns he just shielded then ya could do a treasure balance dispell

hope this helped and remember to stock your side deck with cards ya will need in any match

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Treyiscool36 wrote:

oh for heavens sake!

Judge is an X spell. The correct way to use it is full pips and preferably full power pips.

You have plenty of time while the balance is building full pips to do something to stop them. Hit them, make them heal, do something else.

don't whine.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
You have to think about strategies. All schools have their different spells for different strategies. Balance gets lots of shields so why not use them and judgement is a very powerful spell why not use it? It would be like sayong to life people that healing isnt fair of minions arent fair it is all strategie. Good Luck!

Quinn Wildsword
level 44
master theurgist

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Treyiscool36 wrote:
It is only 50% I could use levy and Hit like a kraken

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
This is not an unfair move, Storm per pip is much stonger than Balance.
I have a level 60 Ice, Balance, and a level 57 Storm, and I can tell you that pip per pip, storm is far stronger than any other wizard.
Balance has one strong spell, and it's Judgement, at 100 per pip.
Now look at Heckhound, at 135 per pip, or Tritan, they are much stronger
per pip. Plus there are many other spells stronger per pip than the Judge.

There are many ways to stop Balance from hitting you with a fully packed Judge.
You need to read these messages that explain this, and many do.

The real problem here, is your strategy, in how you are defending yourself.
You don't seem to understand the other spells of the other schools, and that is when Judge appears to be strong.

Watch any top level Balance Player, he doesn't depend on Judgement until he needs a solid hit at the tail end of the battle.

You need to study the guides listed on Central, and understand the game before you make comments like this, imo.

Joseph LionHunter.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
if you think that is unfair try fighting balance wizards and storm wizards who stack blades and traps to one shot you for more HP then you actually have to day i was 1 shot by a lvl 28 balance wizard who stacked blades and im lvl 54
life wizards need more resistance and block for survivability because i dont have 3.3K HP to survive that kind of attack

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Treyiscool36 wrote:

oh for heavens sake!

Judge is an X spell. The correct way to use it is full pips and preferably full power pips.

You have plenty of time while the balance is building full pips to do something to stop them. Hit them, make them heal, do something else.

don't whine.

so true love the dont whine part.

M.RedBlood death

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
if you think that is unfair try fighting balance wizards and storm wizards who stack blades and traps to one shot you for more HP then you actually have

But that's what you're SUPPOSED to do!

That's not unfair, that's correct combat strategy.

It also takes a while to put all those boosts in place. What were you doing while the person was stacking boosts? Eating lunch? Why did you give them enough time to finish boosting and hit?

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Really, get used to it

This is a commonly used strategy in PvP for a balance wizard. It would be nice if they could think of something else. Seriously, barely anyone uses Hydra, and how many times have you seen a balance wizard using Power Play? They're more resourceful then they think.

Irrelevant things aside, get an amulet with the myth spell known as Shatter or a few Shatter treasure cards. (common at the bazaar) If these don't work, then use a minion. This is a scenario where a minion has more then marginal use in PvP. It'll kill the shields. But, each school has at least one shieldbreaking spell.

Myth= Shatter, Minotaur, Earthquake and Orthrus (Earthquake gets rid of every positive shield and blade on the enemy, and Orthrus and Minotaur are double hitters.)

Fire= Fire Elf

Life= Leprechaun or Imp

Death= Poison

Ice= Frostbite, Ice Elf (mutated, or course), Icebird (from pet or gear)

Storm= Storm Elf (mutated), Thunderbird, i think it was ..? (Whatever it's called, it's from gear or a pet)

Balance= There aren't balance shields in the first place! Use a minion to do shieldbreaking for a Tower Shield or just use a wand spell that isn't balance.

And, besides, really, you shouldn't let a guy get to the point where he can use Judgement in the first place. If it somehow happens, then a Tower Shield followed by a Satyr to heal yourself is the sure way to survive.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Has anyone noticed that about 85% of posts in PvP are now just people complaining? Judgement is an x move it needs time before its a killer by then you should've weakend them enough to make them heal of have gotten something to weaken or stop the attack and beleive me have you ever seen a criticaled heckhound with full powerpips and a few blades? Stop making little post about every little thing that happens you can win them all!

Aaron Drakewalker Level:60
Pyromancer

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:
This is a commonly used strategy in PvP for a balance wizard. It would be nice if they could think of something else. Seriously, barely anyone uses Hydra, and how many times have you seen a balance wizard using Power Play? They're more resourceful then they think.

To the OP, I concur with everyone else. It isn't unfair. If you're having a problem with this common and rather tired balance strategy, I suggest you search the forums as there have been numerous threads which detail at great length how to beat a balance wizard.

To Mimzkat101, I use hydra from time to time... but I have to ask. Why would anyone use power play? Four pips to increase everyone's pip chance? In pvp against an ice, fire, myth, or storm, all you're doing is increasing their ability to attack you because they already get better accuracy bonuses and against a life or death, what would be the point? I have never found it to be useful at any point in the game and if you have, I'd love to hear a different perspective.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
gtarhannon,

Yes, exactly, Power Play is useless for balance, even at low levels.
If it only worked for the Balance Wizard that cast it, it would make so much more sense (to me anyways). To me, I think it could be the most useless spell in the game.

Joe.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
gtarhannon,

Yes, exactly, Power Play is useless for balance, even at low levels.
If it only worked for the Balance Wizard that cast it, it would make so much more sense (to me anyways). To me, I think it could be the most useless spell in the game.

Joe.

That's why in the Dorms I suggested a spell that would globally reduce everyone's power pip percentage. Now this spell becomes important again.

Also, I wouldn't say this spell is completely useless. It certainly isn't the most desirable. I'm sure there are Balance wizards (maybe others) that use this spell to compensate for gear that lacks in power pip boosts. Yes, the enemy gets an increase too, but at least in PvE, that is not a big deal. The PvE AI is not that robust. So while they are casting spells more frequently now, your gear offsets that advantage, while also gaining percentage yourself.