Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jump button (space)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Why is there a "jump button" in the game? If you cant jump over things whats the point of having it? Try to add on to it like being able to jump over objects or on objects.

Also it would be a good idea to interact with the household items like sitting on the couch or chair, turn on the tv, add things to it. These things would make it better for us and not get confused about the jumping.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
Defender
May 31, 2009
Jumping over stuff is fun sometimes :P I do it when I get bored.

But being able to jump onto things instead of just walking and appearing on the next step is kinda lame.
So, let's put that jump button to use and have to JUMP up the steps!

Hah! (But it would get kinda annoying unless it did it for you lol)

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
I would think they put it in for the visual effect. although, jumping over things would be pretty awesome!

-Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 Myth

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
cwisler wrote:
I would think they put it in for the visual effect. although, jumping over things would be pretty awesome!

Level 60 Myth

KI has stated (although I can no longer find it) that jumping was added simply because every MMO has a jump function. To not add it, even without a purpose, would be taboo in the online gaming industry.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
kingurz wrote:
cwisler wrote:

Level 60 Myth

KI has stated (although I can no longer find it) that jumping was added simply because every MMO has a jump function. To not add it, even without a purpose, would be taboo in the online gaming industry.

this is true :)

Level 60 Myth

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
My little bro has a character I made for him. He just points to the spell, I click. When I walk around all he does is do spacebar over and over again! He likes it. I like to jump around randomly too!