Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't connect to server (still)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I've been playing W101 frequently all day for past few days (nothing to do in life btw lol) and after my sis had a turn on the game, i logged on to my account and pressed play... a message saying cant connect to server pops up as soon as the white KI screen pops up with a following zoom out on wizard101. Ok... i tried what they said on the support page... temporarily disable firewall, repair internet connection on computer tray, reset/ reboot modem, even tried re-installing the game... same thing happens when i press play. I'm like, my sis never would mess with the computer; once she's on wizard101 she doesn't bother with anything else. I contacted customer support and don't want to wait, and I'm sure others have this problem too so i'll just post this meanwhile. Anyone got any solutions??? :?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This has been a frequent complaint in the past week. About all you can do is send in a ticket and wait for a reply.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
almost the same thing with me i
can get in the game but it only lasts for a second so i cant play at all so i really cant play i am really upset about this too

Administrator
Hello Young Wizards!

White Screen huh? Can you Click here https://www.wizard101.com/patchClient/test or paste it into your browsers address bar. If the page loads and you see "Test OK!" then try to log into the game again. If you do not see "Test OK!" you may have a firewall or antivirus program that restricting the game from accessing the Internet and it may take a few steps to get access set up.

First we are going to want to reset your software firewall software's exception list. You'll have to review your vendors website for how to do this, but in most cases it is pretty straight forward. After you successfully reset the exception list, your software should prompt you the next time you launch the game.

If you continue to have trouble we should make sure that the right game files are on the exception list.

Both WizardLauncher.exe and WizardGraphicalClient.exe need to be on your exception lists so that they can access the Internet.

WizardLauncher.exe is located under the Wizard101 installation directory:
C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\PatchClient\BankA\

There may be another WizardLauncher.exe to allow at \PatchClient\BankB\
and WizardGraphicalClient.exe is located under the Wizard101 installation directory:
C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Bin

PrgramData may be "Program Files" depending on your version of Windows.

Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
That happened to me once. But I restarted the computer and it was fixed.... :)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I'm having the same problem right now... I've tried everything suggested. I just can't figure out why the game would suddenly stop working for me. :(

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
i had this problem too guys its fixed i would recommend trying to reinstall the game more than 1 time it could be your file and also the firewall and antivirus is something you think its not blocking the game ...but it really is if your not sure how to do any of this go to youtube and check for videos like how to turn off your firewall or how to allow programs trough firewall and try that with antivirus too if it doesn't work just wait a few days i though many of these problems did not fix my game(this is error126 btw) but somehow i come some days later(after 2weeks or more idk) and its somehow fixed so i was like ALRIGHT! LETS PLAY and well am now training a myth he has lvl a lot by now like 10lvl in 2 or 3 days so anyways what i mean to say is just wait :-) when you got your game fixed and start playing...you get bored and you forget that you even had a problem and if this forum is not helping you go to wizard101 central and type your problem there may be some people that had the same problem who have solutions for you