Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 5 fundamental flaws of Pvp.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Well as the title says this is the 5 flaws with the pvp system.
1. The turn system, it's disgraceful how i can click go to arena first after waiting for a match just to find out that a player who took forever to ready up is going to be going first for the whole match. Giving them a collossal advantage. Whoever clicks go to arena first should be first in the battle. Or an alternative solution is that the arrow randomly selects who goes first for each turn so that it rotates who is first or second.

2. Crowns, it seems like the richer a player the more better gear they can get, especially for low leveled players who get the Dragons Hoard pack or one of the gift card pets that should be, but aren't available worldwide. This better gear allows them to sweep poorer players out of the way and easily claim high ranks live captain, commander and warlord. The solution would be to just stick the "No Pvp" on the item/items and ban it from pvp.

3. Treasure cards, although the enchanted ones are gone low level players in particular are using cards like stormzilla and ninja pigs to win their battles which just isnt right. They should use the cards they own and not the ones they traded through other players.

4. Judgement, nothing new here, still overpowered for all pvp players levels 28-48. Generally just needs nerfing down with its power or less traps working for it. Either that or a proper shield and not those rubbish tower shields that just dont work. I am not gonna fork out the Nightshade amulet for -30% weakness, the -50% tower shield and the -25% weakness just to stop one spell and that doesnt even stop it sometimes.

5. Pets, low levels with orthrus or wraith or whatever is just unfair they dont deserve spells that strong from pets and should work for the REAL SPELL and the proper pet.

That is all.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Wow. Not a single mention of Tempest or Smokescreen. No wonder we think KI isn't fixing anything, we keep asking for everything.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
PvP does have flaws but if you ask me they are all person flaws. They are only seen as flaws to certain individuals, or small groups of players. There is no real over all problem to PvP that all players who play PvP will find. It is why that things on the PvP message boards won't get put in often.

A lot of the "Flaws" you mentioned are really flaws only during midlevel PvP. Like once you hit grand to legend judgement isn't really a problem. And if your not liking how lower level PvP is working out why not trying leveling.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
PvP does have flaws but if you ask me they are all person flaws. They are only seen as flaws to certain individuals, or small groups of players. There is no real over all problem to PvP that all players who play PvP will find. It is why that things on the PvP message boards won't get put in often.

A lot of the "Flaws" you mentioned are really flaws only during midlevel PvP. Like once you hit grand to legend judgement isn't really a problem. And if your not liking how lower level PvP is working out why not trying leveling.

WoW Thorvon, that was impressive! What, DarthJT been gone too long that you are finally starting to get it and now you are trying to take his place?

You have very good points here Thorvon!

A lot of "Flaws" are due to personal choices. If a person, chooses to play only 1v1 Ranked pvp, they will no longer have "SmokeScreen" or "Tempest" Issues!

If you don't want to train, tower shield, buy tower shield treasure cards, or get pets and gear with treasure cards, then you will have a "Judgment" Issue.

Most "Issues" are because of personal choice and are "Not" real flaws in PvP!

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:

Yes i mention this in the post, thanks for the post however, i doubt there's ever been an issue that can effect all pvp players but a lot of mid levels do experience difficulty when they pvp at their level, especially in 1v1 (myself included). There is no reason why i or any mid level should have to level up. The fix cannot be just to make mid level players to level up as that would make all pvp players either high level or low level which isnt too good in terms of matching. Pitting a level 17 warlord against a level 40 private isnt too good.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
RosamaryH wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

WoW Thorvon, that was impressive! What, DarthJT been gone too long that you are finally starting to get it and now you are trying to take his place?

You have very good points here Thorvon!

A lot of "Flaws" are due to personal choices. If a person, chooses to play only 1v1 Ranked pvp, they will no longer have "SmokeScreen" or "Tempest" Issues!

If you don't want to train, tower shield, buy tower shield treasure cards, or get pets and gear with treasure cards, then you will have a "Judgment" Issue.

Most "Issues" are because of personal choice and are "Not" real flaws in PvP!

Lol rosemary that is how I always posted... I'll come clean the reason darth and I didn't get along was because he called people complainers and I just didn't like that he always called people complainers. And i would always make my clever remark about it and it kind of condem just calling people complainers and one thing led to another it escalades and doesn't stop. Trust me darth wasn't always sensible lol..

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
77296 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Yes i mention this in the post, thanks for the post however, i doubt there's ever been an issue that can effect all pvp players but a lot of mid levels do experience difficulty when they pvp at their level, especially in 1v1 (myself included). There is no reason why i or any mid level should have to level up. The fix cannot be just to make mid level players to level up as that would make all pvp players either high level or low level which isnt too good in terms of matching. Pitting a level 17 warlord against a level 40 private isnt too good.

The thing about low level warlords that i have seen time and time again which is why I never really side with them. You guys weren't complaining when you were able to fight new players who didn't know what they were doing using a super powered pet, better gear, or treasures and when you literally devastated those new players like a hot knife going through butter there were no complaints. But why is it when you fight someone that can actually be challenging it is a huge problem and needs to be fixed?? Do you think it is fair for the private going against a warlord lol? While levels and spells and gear are one thing. Skill still goes a long way.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
77296 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

The thing about low level warlords that i have seen time and time again which is why I never really side with them. You guys weren't complaining when you were able to fight new players who didn't know what they were doing using a super powered pet, better gear, or treasures and when you literally devastated those new players like a hot knife going through butter there were no complaints. But why is it when you fight someone that can actually be challenging it is a huge problem and needs to be fixed?? Do you think it is fair for the private going against a warlord lol? While levels and spells and gear are one thing. Skill still goes a long way.

Your talking about low level warlords like level 1-20. I am level 35 and fought master players at peak times even as a Private. Now i am at Knight rank and am facing levels 50+ sometimes. I completely agree with you about low level warlords using pets and treasure cards and thats why i put it in my original post. It is an issue that needs to be addressed. Just like the other things i mentioned.

Nathan StormRider Level 52 Storm Warlord
Nathan MythRider Level 46 Myth Captain
Nathan LifeCaster Level 35 Life Knight

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
1. Deal with it buddy, just work your way around it.
2. True, but you can work around that too and show off your no crowns true power!
3. They are pretty expensive, plus there are hundreds of ways to defend yourself
4. As I have said a million times before, and I'll say it again, Judgement is the only thing keeping me alive and the only spell that does damage and is actually usefull that I have other then Spectral Blast, but Spectral Blast is not the most reliable.
5. What low levels have those? Isn't Wraith and Orthus school only or costs a ridiculous amount for a chance of getting it through the ridiculously priced hatching system?

That is all, all wrong that is!