Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Very Mean PvP People!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2011
So I was just playing a 1v1 PvP, Some person told me that I should let them win, but then I didn't because I wanted to get to seargeant and just defeated him, then the person said "I will find you and kill you" after I defeated him Then the just left. Should this be counted as reporting? Because I think so and they should be banned forever.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Some people take this game waayyyy to seriously like really lol. They should be banned not because of what they did, But for their own mental health lol.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
YES! You should report him! That is a very bad threat and is NOT false reporting. Its also very rude! Do not let people take you down like that dear. Make sure you always play fair and square and do your best in the Arena.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
2me4meVIP wrote:
So I was just playing a 1v1 PvP, Some person told me that I should let them win, but then I didn't because I wanted to get to seargeant and just defeated him, then the person said "I will find you and kill you" after I defeated him Then the just left. Should this be counted as reporting? Because I think so and they should be banned forever.

I understand you, some person said if I didn't flee he would hack my computer, that was after he said some other very bad things, however I got him to admit he was lying when I told him it was illegal and I coult track the hack to him...
But threatening in PvP should be a reportable offense I think.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2me4meVIP wrote:

No it's not, since there is no way to tell if that person meant in-game or real life (as in find you to PvP you again).

You can turn off PvP chat so you don't have to see what others say in PvP.

You'll find PvP brings out the lowest of the low in some people, since they are facing real people and not artifical intelligence. Some haven't learned sportsmanship or how to cope with loss. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is the one aspect of this game where one is to find it eventually.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I honestly ... don't know. I doubt that he really meant that, and it isn't exactly creative swearing, but that was mean ...
I think you might want to ask Prospector Zeke.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
What is considered reportable offenses:
(From the message boards) “We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.”

What is NOT considered reportable offenses:
(From the message boards) “S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).”

I don’t know if that would be considered a predatory threat. You know there is no way that the person has your home address. It doesn’t sound like they are on your friends list. There is a chance you may never even run into this person again. So it sounds like they are just being rude. If you run into them again, hit the ignore button.

Problem solved.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is considered a death threat! Report ANYONE whos says stuff like this.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
What about those wizards who get mad because you defeated them in pvp and make a false report? I have had this happen to me and has happened to a couple of my friends as well.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
hey eggwig i agree with you and i am not losing a bit of sleep over some bad attitudes. what does concern me though is my account getting banned and for something that never happened. have a couple wizard friends whose accounts were banned for swearing, etc. Thanks for your input eggwig, take care fellow wizard!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
IceUnicorns wrote:
YES! You should report him! That is a very bad threat and is NOT false reporting. Its also very rude! Do not let people take you down like that dear. Make sure you always play fair and square and do your best in the Arena.
You would report a lie when you just posted 3 messages.........

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
littlemole8 wrote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is considered a death threat! Report ANYONE whos says stuff like this.
Look at the message above you. do you seee anything about reporting for death threats?no and the person who threatened you just lied.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The Terms of Use did mention that "threatening" was reportable. Something similar happened to me once (This wasn't in a PvP match though) where a level 52 balance said, "If any of you dare use my hex, I will kill you all". I can't find the quote where it says threatening is reportable, but I know I saw it somewhere on the site.

Account 1:
Caroline Sunbright level 60 life
Brittany Rainriver level 60 storm
Emily Spiritriver level 60 death
Laura Iceheart level 60 ice
Nicole Jadesword level 60 balance
Alexandra Redleaf level 58 fire
Account 2:
Cheyenne Starglade level 12 life
Tavia Goldcoin level 5 storm
Jessica Sunshade level 5 myth
Erica Lightfinder level 5 balance
Lauren Skycloud level 7 death
Rebecca Daybright level 8 ice

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
Wow! that was a very rude death threat you should report him im a little creeped out right now. :? just dont say anything rude back cause thats gonna make it worse. hes probley a ten year old that is really mad that you beat him.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
woot000 wrote:
littlemole8 wrote:
Look at the message above you. do you seee anything about reporting for death threats?no and the person who threatened you just lied.

I don't know... :? i think littlemole8 is right i would report someone if they gave me a death threat.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
the thing is Wizards101 has to take such threats seriously cause even if written as a joke if someone did say such a thing and something subsequently happened in real life from it Wizards101 would be hit with legal suits of magnitudes they simply would not like or be able to handle, some of the largest websites of the past have been legally hurt by what their users have done... threats are not rude behavior they are both abusive and potentially dangerous threats that simply cannot be ignored

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
2me4meVIP wrote:

Woah he actually said that? You should report him, that remark is really violent and it sounds like he wants to stalk you