Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
ok I am now lvl 22 and just got my new Kraken yay! but what I don't get is the casting chance.. its all at 70% even my lvl 5 spell is 70% why cant the percentage for lower spell increase? my storm bats don't do alot but I use them often and when I am lvl 22 fizzle 3 times in a row gets quite annoying seeing the fact that a "real wizard" or person would get better at doing something the more times he does it so why is my Character not getting better at casting? I am not trying to rant just annoyed that I ran through a instance and fizzled 4 times in a row

Still a great game
Mr.Swiftcaster

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you want to decrease your fizzle chance, get some accuracy gear or use the Lightning Strike spell you got at level 2.

Eventually you get Wild Bolt, which has only 10% accuracy. :p

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
I really like this idea, a nice 5-10% to accuracy through use would be nice, but to even it out make earning the chance based off the # of time you fizzle, so storm will learn faster, with life learning the least. This is regardless of the accuracy increase gear, (I have 9% increase in accuracy with my equipment, so my life spells fizzle just about 1 out of every 100 castings though :), storm spells (my secondary class), fizzle just about every other turn so I feel your pain.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Making it so that fizzling will in itself reduce your future fizzle chance could make it so that you have yet another thing to grind in order to be competitive. It would also make the PvE content systematically easier, which is not something this game needs.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
Making it so that fizzling will in itself reduce your future fizzle chance could make it so that you have yet another thing to grind in order to be competitive. It would also make the PvE content systematically easier, which is not something this game needs.

I agree and disagree I believe just playing normal would work for increasing casting chance but then again I can see people grinding unicorn way all day to get there chances up :( I will take the advice above and get some more casting gear

Mr.Swiftcaster