Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance wizards are too strong in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
I have been noticing that all balance wizards who PvP really always win.
Only, because of their elemental and spirit shields. Yes, i know balance focuses on every school, (that's why they call it balance). But it really isn't fair to other schools to shield everything. I just find my self losing in every match against them.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
1trastogi wrote:
Only, because of their elemental and spirit shields. Yes, i know balance focuses on every school, (that's why they call it balance). But it really isn't fair to other schools to shield everything. I just find my self losing in every match against them.

Wow, haven't seen a "Balance is overpowered" post in a long time. First one that I've seen to state it is because of their shields. Usually it is Judgement.

If your having trouble with Balance, invest in pierce, shatter or earthquake spells. Or you could max out your blades and traps to dish out an approx. 6000 hp hit. Those shields only remove 50%, so you can still do serious damage with the shields on. If you see double shielding, that is a different story.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
1trastogi wrote:

The secret to defeat balance is to use tower shields and cast weakness on them you can get that from bazaar or the library. Also infection can help reduce healings. There is also a balance dispel...

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Every good pvper knows how to deal with shields, use a double hit or DoT spell. If your storm, mutate fire elfs. If your life, summon your minion. There are plenty of ways to get around shields, and if you cant, you will never succeed in pvp.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Balance wizards are notorious for Judgement and Spirit and Elemental Shields. However, they are also notorious for sub-par health, since most choose to invest in gear boosts that increase power, because who needs to have high health when you can end a battle so fast that it doesn't really matter?
This gives us two strategies to work with: outlasting the opponent and blowing through their shields as if they were nothing, both of which can surprisingly be used at the same time.
The average Judgement-using balance wizard keeps around four copies of the spell in their deck. So keep five copies of Satyr and Tower Shield. Tower shield a turn away from the judgement attempt, and really, it's not that powerful, and the opponent needs to take maybe another ten turns in preparation. Satyr will heal whatever damage it has done. Then, you can attack them . Each school has a shield breaking spell: the second or third spell that they learn. Use this, then a few blades and traps, and then Tower Shield again. Judgement doesn't kill you again. They might shield again, but just ignore the shield and attack them. These shields do nothing more then prolong their doom.
Satyr again, use a few blades and traps, Tower Shield for the third Judgement, forget about using a fourth Satyr the fourth time, and hit them for the grand finale.
You don't just need to use tower shield though. If you go first, then use the balance dispel on them, draining the hard earned pips for Judgement. If you're death, you have Plague and Virulent plague to work with. If you're balance yourself, you have Weakness. You can also get an amulet from the bazaar that gives two copies of Weakness, not exclusive to any school, that is very cheap in terms of money, that can be stacked with a normal Weakness, available for levels ten and up! Plus, there are usually a lot of them in there. But by the time a person finishes reading this, they might already be cleaned out.
Hope this helped!