Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are the level 58 pets a gamble!?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I saw a fellow ice classmate with an Epic Ice Wyvern and thought, "Wow, I want this! It comes with great spells and defenses!" It had great defenses, pips, and a sprite spell! Here's my dilemma.. I worked very hard for days and finally got it. But then I trained up to Adult, and I didn't even get any of those! I only got "may cast snow shield" and 4% ice defense.. The problem with this is, it's only a 'little' effective to me fighting foe ice mates.. But now, I don't even know if I want this equipped. My good spells that I actually use, hit better than this pet can! I don't even know if it's worth my time to continue training it up.. Will I at least get the "may cast sprite spell"? This is my evidence that pets don't give the same abilities! In my opinion, this seemed like a gamble which caused me a waste of time getting, waiting to hatch, and training up with my 'rare' foods. I: Is it even possible for this to be changed? Cause my darn "teen fierce hound" does a lot better and casts the sprite spell!!

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
sorry to tell ya but every hatch is a gamble between both parent pets and if those are hatches even more of a gamble it is a chance of luck. Myself i have hatched i would say 30 to 40 times cause i get bored and just hatch to see if i can get cool pets. but they all come with different stats it is a gameble sorry to tell you this

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Your pet has the possiblity of getting a total of eight in game abillities and eight derby ones. Your pet only manifests four of those. Which ones will manifest is different depending on the pet. You could get spritely at teen or you could get it at epic or maybe not even at all. So in some ways it is a chance and you shouldn't be looking to other people's pets for what you will get but for what you might get. The only way to change your pet's abillities is to hatch with a pet that you think has better abillities, but keep in mind that that might not even work. You could get all bad talents by hatching or all good ones. Getting the abillities you want is mostly chance, partly luck and the majority of the time hard work and a lot of gold.

Good luck with your pet, you should try training it to epic, see if you get better abillities.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
You can never be quite sure what talents your pet may develop, though you do have a better chance of getting "useful" talents with Level 58 pets than with most other pets.
You may still get good talents at ancient and epic, but it is a gamble that you will get the talents that you want.
If you want more specific info about the Level 58 pets you can find pet guides at wizard101central.com

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
ya it is a gamble but if you want pets with great stats you should hatch with pets that have the stats you want. it could take awhile to get any thing good but eventually you should get some good pets i think.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Try to hatch with higher pedigree pets. That may cause the new pet to get a higher pedigree. I have noticed that pets with pedigrees above 60 at least learn some useful talents. You still may get some disappointing talents with the good ones though. I am not sure that pets are worth raising to epic. The talent learned at epic can be awful.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
zebulous wrote:
Try to hatch with higher pedigree pets. That may cause the new pet to get a higher pedigree. I have noticed that pets with pedigrees above 60 at least learn some useful talents. You still may get some disappointing talents with the good ones though. I am not sure that pets are worth raising to epic. The talent learned at epic can be awful.

My poor Polar Cat I recently got to Epic obtained +50 str. Joy. T_T

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice