Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

OverPower Healing!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Oh my gosh, just how amazing is to cast a pixie and do 995 heal.

Life is over-rated or unbeatable. Even Ice using life amulet can heal with a pixie doing 900 of heal. Oh what about Fire? Fire can use PowerLink and heal 200 each round!

Just how they do it?

Level 60 clothes and Ridiculous crafting anthem and ring for sure blame it to.

Cosmic Kris and Stellar Signet Ring.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Everyone gets Pixie so what's the problem? Just change all your equipment to get the same healing boosts as them......

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Well, according to Thorvon, Life and Ice are easily defeated by storm, who just puts a gargantuan on tempest every round and keeps attacking!

So, according to him, no school is overpowered, except storm.

So, if you can't beat a life or ice, make a storm, you should have much better luck, since storm is supposedly according to Thorvon, invincable!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Ya but to use those healing athames or healing rings you really got to take a hit on damage increase, some have less pip percent than others. You Don't get any critical block. Just use infection or doom and gloom. But its pretty fair if they have to take a bunch of sacrifices to get good healing.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Well...

I myself went through a lot of hard work to get all that equipment as do many others...you need to accept the fact that some people are just better and have better gear. Without all of this new gear and the crafting rings everyone would be the same...maybe you should invest in some crafting I:

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
As I have stated in other threads if you look at spell ranks the capacity to heal per pip is greater than the capacity to do damage. The life amulet made healing efficient also. I think the game had to boost healing when the critical system was added to compensate for increased damage.

Although this can be very annoying, there are ways to combat it...

1) if you don't have infection trained go get it, it cuts the regeneration in half. Treasure infection (bought at the bazaar) can stack just like blades can and when using with trained version it becomes VERY effective. With every other pet having spritely you have to use timing when you use infection, save them until after you attack, put a few in your side deck so you can get them when you need them.

I am a firm believer that When pets use spritely ability infection should not be activatesAlso I think that there may be a need for a stronger version on infection in the future as health climbs and resist gets better.

2) people over at central have talked about doom and gloom becoming more important in the arena because of heal boosts. Put a couple in your sidedeck, if you cast the bubble after a big hit your enemy will be scrambling and have to choose between healing with 65% reduction or frantically searching for a bubble switch. Chances are that life, with exceptional healing boosts, have no sanctuary bubbles loaded and will collapse.

3) life dispel is also a good heal buster, think about training it

Hope that helped

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
And I say storm is overpowered attacking wise, being able to one hit an ice through resistance and shields. Why are you saying this? Cause it's hard to stop them from healing in PvP? Use Doom & Gloom and put an infection on them and if they have these gears and use guiding lights and get a critical heal it usually does around average. So life and death are equal as they should be.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Ya but to use those healing athames or healing rings you really got to take a hit on damage increase, some have less pip percent than others. You Don't get any critical block. Just use infection or doom and gloom. But its pretty fair if they have to take a bunch of sacrifices to get good healing.

Yes and that is the point a lot of wizards miss. In the arena they will see someone healing themselves for 995 hp from pixie and think it is unfair, when they have the capacity too. However, they are unwilling to sacrifice damage or resists to do so and end up coming here to complain. In the words of Leonidas, they want to "leave nothing and take everything."

Wizard101 offers at least five sets of clothing for each level. Each set offers something special (more pips, resists, healing, damage, etc). Players can either max out on one special (like max pip percentage) or take a little here and there. Just don't complain when your particular duel favored one aspect over the other. (quick kill due to the extremely high damage boost).

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
RosamaryH wrote:
Well, according to Thorvon, Life and Ice are easily defeated by storm, who just puts a gargantuan on tempest every round and keeps attacking!

So, according to him, no school is overpowered, except storm.

So, if you can't beat a life or ice, make a storm, you should have much better luck, since storm is supposedly according to Thorvon, invincable!

LoL

Seriously?? Ice do way more damage than storm jsut for the fact they have over time damage spell.

Storm damage are always being block by the over-use of multiple shields.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
bravevline wrote:
And I say storm is overpowered attacking wise, being able to one hit an ice through resistance and shields. Why are you saying this? Cause it's hard to stop them from healing in PvP? Use Doom & Gloom and put an infection on them and if they have these gears and use guiding lights and get a critical heal it usually does around average. So life and death are equal as they should be.

Doom and Gloom is easily taken off when someone cast another bubble. And ice does that easily....