Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Houses - How About A Trade...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Hello Everyone!!

I would like to suggest that all houses be made tradable. Upon placing a house into the shared bank, all furniture items would be removed to the attic, then the empty house could be withdrawn by another wizard.

As it stands now, the nontradable housing stinks! My daughter currently has the griffin castle, sultan's palace and a life house all on the same wizard. She would really like to be able to share some of the houses with her other wizards. Since the houses were purchased with real money (epic cards and crowns), I feel that players should be allowed the privilage of managing the houses amongs their various wizards as they see fit.

Thanks!
~Nymphadoria

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Nymphadoria wrote:
Hello Everyone!!

I would like to suggest that all houses be made tradable. Upon placing a house into the shared bank, all furniture items would be removed to the attic, then the empty house could be withdrawn by another wizard.

As it stands now, the nontradable housing stinks! My daughter currently has the griffin castle, sultan's palace and a life house all on the same wizard. She would really like to be able to share some of the houses with her other wizards. Since the houses were purchased with real money (epic cards and crowns), I feel that players should be allowed the privilage of managing the houses amongs their various wizards as they see fit.

Thanks!
~Nymphadoria

Yeah, I think the same. I bought them both, but I wanna change my characters appearance and restart, putting everything in my shared bank~but then like, maybe we could leave them with the turtle guy?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
Yeah, I'm with you on that. After I save up for an MB house for my storm- nearly impossible while your farming the bazaar- i find out it isn't tradeable. thankfully i didn't buy it. But still, and master has more money-makin' chances then an adept ... which is probably why KI didn't do tradeable housing in the first place.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I believe Prof. Greyrose has already said no to this idea. I'm not trying to be negative; I'm just saying.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
TheTrueRonan31173 wrote:
Yeah, I'm with you on that. After I save up for an MB house for my storm- nearly impossible while your farming the bazaar- i find out it isn't tradeable. thankfully i didn't buy it. But still, and master has more money-makin' chances then an adept ... which is probably why KI didn't do tradeable housing in the first place.

Maybe they could make it so that you pay 10% of the house value in crowns, or something like that, that way wizards that are restarting characters get to save their house and KI makes more money.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I think this week's episode of Wizard weekly posted on Central gives a good reason why the houses can not be traded and more than likely will never be.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
superluther wrote:
I think this week's episode of Wizard weekly posted on Central gives a good reason why the houses can not be traded and more than likely will never be.

Yup. It allows for exploits and workarounds in the NO TRADE rule. That is likely the number 1 reason KI will not allow house trading.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
It should at least be available for houses that are only available by Crowns or on a card (like Epic or Mega Bundle).

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
kingurz wrote:
superluther wrote:

Yup. It allows for exploits and workarounds in the NO TRADE rule. That is likely the number 1 reason KI will not allow house trading.

Then just have an error message pop up saying, "Sorry, but NOTHING has to be in your house when you put your house in shared bank."

This way they couldn't do that. yes not many people would be able to do it, but atleast some will.