Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchmen, and what would make them better

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Henchmen, we all know what they are.

Henchmen are good, very good and helpful. Especially for fighting those bosses that have to be soloed. However, henchmen have many faults, do to just being AIs. The added fact they are crowns only makes them wastes.

What I am suggesting is henchmen be buyable with two 0's added, for gold. So a level 60 henchmen would cost 6000 gold. This would balance it and make the crowns a better option, so Kingsisle makes money. [Thats not a bad thing....Thats the goal of every game maker] I hope you take this idea into consideration.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Mattcactus wrote:

Henchmen are good, very good and helpful. Especially for fighting those bosses that have to be soloed. However, henchmen have many faults, do to just being AIs. The added fact they are crowns only makes them wastes.

What I am suggesting is henchmen be buyable with two 0's added, for gold. So a level 60 henchmen would cost 6000 gold. This would balance it and make the crowns a better option, so Kingsisle makes money. [Thats not a bad thing....Thats the goal of every game maker] I hope you take this idea into consideration.

6000 is really not a lot of gold. See these posts by your fellow wizards....

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/37218.ftl#207300

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/35311.ftl#197353

What if it was 100,000 per henchmen?

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I see your point, but if they did that, they would get HUNDREDS of complaints about it, like when hatching first came out. 6000 isn't that much, but neither is 60 crowns. What about 12000? You have to add in all the flaws of AI.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Mattcactus wrote:
I see your point, but if they did that, they would get HUNDREDS of complaints about it, like when hatching first came out. 6000 isn't that much, but neither is 60 crowns. What about 12000? You have to add in all the flaws of AI.

60 crowns isn't much because that is real money and the henchmen only lasts one battle. Not many people would be willing to pay more for something so short.

I don't think there would be many complaints (at first anyways) given that a previously crowns only feature was now free (but of course takes time in farming for gold).

100,000 gold would be something good for those that rarely use henchmen, while requiring those who depend upon them to continue paying for 60 crowns.

Remember, even at 12000 gold you could buy 16 henchmen with the 200,000 gold cap. That's enough to get through any dungeon without paying a single crown. Don't think KI would go for that.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Mattcactus wrote:

maybe 600 gold

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
In a game like Wizard101, one should NEVER need crown bought henchment just to get through dungeons.

A reason why I am so ticked off about Celestia+.

Defeats the entire purpose of a casual game.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
kingurz wrote:

60 crowns isn't much because that is real money and the henchmen only lasts one battle. Not many people would be willing to pay more for something so short.

I don't think there would be many complaints (at first anyways) given that a previously crowns only feature was now free (but of course takes time in farming for gold).

100,000 gold would be something good for those that rarely use henchmen, while requiring those who depend upon them to continue paying for 60 crowns.

Remember, even at 12000 gold you could buy 16 henchmen with the 200,000 gold cap. That's enough to get through any dungeon without paying a single crown. Don't think KI would go for that.
Okay. I think 60,000 is a fair price for a level 60 henchmen. 100,000 just doesn't really work because if your soloing, there are 3 empty slots. with 60,000 you can summon 3 henchmen, if you had 180,000+

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
sparky123df756 wrote:
Mattcactus wrote:

maybe 600 gold
Definitely not. You could solo malistaire by spam summoning storm henchmen.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
In a game like Wizard101, one should NEVER need crown bought henchment just to get through dungeons.

A reason why I am so ticked off about Celestia+.

Defeats the entire purpose of a casual game.
If you are a fire wizard, try soloing the fire gurtok in malistaire's lair. Of course, you can ask friends, but places like Gurtok Barrier Demon in ravenscar, if your a fire, that place is virtually impossible. Or how about [not including life] your level 58 quest? Its just not easy, and I have yet to complete my level 58 boss without henchmen