Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk Level Reqreationns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
cosmicbrownielover... wrote:
I think you should have to be level 50 To enter Wintertusk.

Why? It doesn't take 10 levels to complete Ravenscar, so if it was changed wizards would have to level up in DS or WT while breaking up their Grizzleheim story experience. They won't have the option of running the story in it's entirety.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
i think if you can defeat jotun at level 40 and you can defeat the raven coven at level 40 then you're fine to go to wintertusk. I personally can't, so my earliest wizard (so far) going into wintertusk will be level 45. I think i'll be fine there at that level, though. -valerian daisytamer, master theurgist (and crew)

Survivor
May 10, 2010
kingurz, seriously? breaking up the gh story expirience? have you not noticed the different level requirements?

lvl 20: Savarstaad Pass
lvl 30: Vigrid Roughland
lvl 35: Mirkholm Keep
lvl 40: Nidavellir
lvl 45: Ravenscar

10 more levels wouldn't hurt them. Level 45 is too weak to go to that place because the first monsters you fight there have 1900 health. At level 50 however, they have orthrus, frost giant, storm lord, etc. Plus the lowest level gear is level 50. There's allot of different reasons. I only named some. You can figure the rest out.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
trevorking85 wrote:
kingurz, seriously? breaking up the gh story expirience? have you not noticed the different level requirements?

10 more levels wouldn't hurt them. Level 45 is too weak to go to that place because the first monsters you fight there have 1900 health. At level 50 however, they have orthrus, frost giant, storm lord, etc. Plus the lowest level gear is level 50. There's allot of different reasons. I only named some. You can figure the rest out.

Ravenscar does not have a level requirement of 45. And yes those levels are already broken up, why break them up between GH and WT too? Why force good people who can survive below level 50 to wait until 50, just because a few cannot. These aren't level 1 wizards running around, they are level 40 at least. If you are not comfortable going to Wintertusk before level 50 then don't, that's your option, there is no reason I should have to be forced to wait as I am doing just fine there at level 48. You can recommend that others go to Wintertusk at level 50, but see no need in requiring wizards to have to be 50. No need at all.

P.S. all the spells you mentioned are level 48 spells, not level 50. The original poster is asking that all wizards should not be allowed into Wintertusk until two more levels after they get the spells you mentioned.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
What I mean is It gives a lot of XP So you will be level 52 by the time you beat dragonspyre.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
What I mean is It gives a lot of XP So you will be level 52 by the time you beat dragonspyre.

Ahhhh, that makes more sense. In essence, you are saying completion of Dragonspyre should be the requirement, since you will zoom up in levels, making Dragonspyre easier. I can understand that (I personally do DS first). Wintertusk does offer more experience, but the content is a lot harder. In my opinion, for a solo wizard Dragonspyre is better xp since you can go through the quests faster. However, if you have a group (or the gear solo) to survive Wintertusk, then the XP is even greater.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010

That can't be true, because after you finish a quest in Grizzleheim, which you can do at level 20, you can go to wintertusk.
Journeyman Pyromancer Anthony DragonFlame

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
trevorking85 wrote:

I agree with you but i like the fact that you can go there at 40 if you think you're to low than dont start go do ds and cl than come back my storm is lvl 44 and i plan on doing wintertusk and lvl up there and start gh after if
If you're having problem get a friend to help you but 40 is good would be fun to get storm lord and critical rating and you're just about to start ds

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
vinstech8 wrote:

That can't be true, because after you finish a quest in Grizzleheim, which you can do at level 20, you can go to wintertusk.
Journeyman Pyromancer Anthony DragonFlame

Thats not really true you cant go to wintertusk at 20 the quest to finish gh require 40 so basically you must be 40 to start wintertusk

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
well i agree and disagree, the reason that ki wants people to be level 50 is because the quests in wintertusk give ALOT of xp, if you could get in at level 40 then it would be too easy to level. well i know your reaction would be for ki to lower the xp, but then it wouldnt be fair to level 50s that get there.