Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 58 pets... underwealming :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i just got my new level 58 pet, forest lord... anyway when it hatched i was so excited :D so i went to the minigames to train it up, i knew i wanted spritely and power pip boost, the others i didn't care about. now he's an ancient and has crapy abilities! he got life fefense, i have 21% to all schools cause of my robes, so worthless. he got life trap and life shield, been in like 50 battles and hasn't used either yet!

anyway, KI, i think you intentinally make MY pets suck, this happened to my satyr and a sea turtle i found, (yes wizards, you can find crown pets as drops), and all my others have all comon but one uncomon which turns out to be like defense or something wirthless to me like that...

i've thought about hatching with another forest lord, but the second+ generations have lower stats...

KI, you should make the pets you can ONLY get once in first generation all have good moves...

btw that satyr i was talking about has tons of ultra rare and two epic, it got all his uncomon ones -.- and they were ALL, except for power pip and life defense, selfish abilities! he can't use them because he has no abilities that can use them... and power pip chance was only because i got him before the addition of pets so he started out as teen without having to hatch and with 5%, that was good but NOTHING else was, guess i got through all of gh and wt to get forest lord for no reason. canceled my subscription imediatly before writing this, i think if the one pet you lead up to in life sucks, the game screwed you -.-

please feel free to coment and lisat your terrible pet experiences, if enough people say their one time only first gen. pets suck, they'll change it i bet.

and yes, prospector zeke or ice school lady who says that i'll have better luck next time or something like that, i've tried this 13 times, all of them sucked.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
i got my myth frog, trained to adult asap so i could then hatch it with my awesome grimtooth (death orthrus), trained that to adult asap so i could then hatch with a pet i knew had spritely, my fierce hound, i trained that to ancient when the spritely showed, will go now to epic hoping for another of grimtooth's attributes show up

NONE of my school issued pets healed - level 48 or 58. some people have been lucky with the various sea pets to get spritely, etc when they won them and trained them, i have 20 sea dragons and various other sea ones and none spritely as of adult - only 3 sea dragons went to epic because of great attributes

NOWHERE is it gauranteed that a pet will be spritely and many youngsters are screaming about it, cost? man it is so CHEAP now to hatch, we were paying 105,000 gold when hatching started !! Spritely was mainly introduced before christmas with the fierce hounds, so all our older pets DON'T have it! Mixed pets for level 48 school pets are easier than before too, I have so many of each school pet i had to put them in a separate house to have space!

The complaints from , i am going to assume, younger players (or their parents), and again, i am going to assume, from newer members. Those of us who have been playing for 2 years or more have seen major changes and not all of then great (game so much shorter and easier in dungeons). We used to win great housing items, then crafting introduced and instead we started winning bones, etc you could sell for 4 gold instead of items worth much more. Many items are no long available at all.
I love pet hatching, especially once it dropped to 50,000 range (lower now), and YES it was frustrating hatch after hatch getting the clone instead of the mix.But i had nothing else to do with my gold either lol
I am disappointed that the lev 58 pets dont have as many mixes, but I live with it

If the game program writers give in and make this a 'I scream so I get what I want' game, they will lose the long time players. Most kids get bored, may or may not return, my grandson after a year, virtually never played, just me, now he plays again, but because I have kept the accounts open for MY pleasure.
Also, the 'I scream' attitude is a bad one and kids (and grownups) shouldn't be encouraged with it by getting their way.

sorry I got carried away here
keira

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
well understanding MY delima, i've gotten all the life school only pets... here's a list of their "talents": life defense, worthless to me since i have resist to all by 21% life trap, better but sucks on cheaters and he's NEVER used it life shield, i never fight life (well almost never) and, again, i have -21% to all damage anyway...

i don't want to get him to epic since the best he could do is have 1 good ability (at best) and both his casts can trigger cheating bosses which i fight pretty often. i don't want to get him to epic knowing that it would waste all the snacks to get him there.

if you'll actually think about my complaint, i'm not "crying" for them to change it, i want them to make the final school pet better for the next players... plus, i'm 13 i REALLY newed to stop playing this game anyway, not only have i beat it 3 almost 4 times (storm death balance life).

if you really want to call people a crybaby, go on the thread about the people reprting about using astral school treasure cards in pvp, i'm sure you'll have a blast with all the possible criticism.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
You people make it look like its hard to get good talents o.o! I have a sea dragon pet with spritely, spell-proof(9% universal resist),and sharp-shot(6% universal accuracy) as long as you just use mega snacks to get your pet to ancient it'll go by fast and if it doesn't have the attributes you wanted just hatch with another pet and try again? How hard do you think it is to fit 20% resist in one pet? VERY! So stop complaining cause KI doesn't intentionally sabotage your pets attributes its completely random.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Do you EVER listen? i said that my pet's life defense is worthless because I, not my pet have 21% global resist,oh and btw, i don't have time to hatch and hatch over and over, it'll take a lot of time, money, and i'll have to find a willing second person WITH a forest lord of their own. if you think for one minute that what i'm saying doesn't make since, you're not even reading it, just skimming or guessing. i'm saying that the ONLY first generation forest lord i'll EVER get has crappy abilities and cannot get better because you cannot reset them to baby... actually, i wish i could, that would eventually solve all my problems :D

KI, you should add a way to reset the pets to baby so you don't have to hatch with another species of it to have another chance...

but seriously dude, try to read before you type...

Survivor
Dec 01, 2010
Not every pet that you spend time on will have great attributes. If you're goal-oriented when training or hatching then you will more than likely end up disappointed (there are flukes). Hatching pets is like the lottery, you don't will something every time. Same with training. You won't always get the traits you want. If you got the rare or ultra rare traits every time then you wouldn't have the option for common traits. You aren't supposed to get those traits every time you train your pets up levels. Stop complaining about something that isn't supposed to happen.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I would like to see you be able to choose between a random 'derby' talent or random 'combat' talent in the pets. Very frustrating to spend a month or more getting a pet to epic just to have it get an extra 50 to it's Will score.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Vice56, you don't listen either, i said that i have tried to get better forest lord abilities 13 times, this morning was my 17th try (i'm able to do 1 a day at the hatchery)...

everyone but the last guy is posting criticism about my complaining before reading the whole thread OR (probably) not even having the same experience.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Let's talk about worthless pets...

My EPIC satyr dances around my 'enchanted forest' in my Watch Tower Hall. I keep him for sentimental reasons only. He has the 5% pip chance, and life accuracy. The other 2 talents are selfish. As you may have guessed the 5% pip chance was due to getting him before the pet update. I have no idea why a Life pet should even give accuracy bonuses.

Now onto my EPIC Forest Lord who is now discoing his way around my tree house. He got Life accuracy, Mana Gift, Life resist, and may cast life trap (he did that once). All in all, those talents are as worthless as my Satyr who I dubbed a drunken goat man.

I hoped for better from my Balance wizard when she got her judgment pet, but alas no! My cast weakness, mana gift (do we really need more mana at high levels), balance accuracy, and 4% power pip chance. Not at all very stellar talents.

I took a chance with my judgment pet and mixed with a wyvern and got a fiery judge. I am glad I did. So far she has gotten spritely, health gift, and balance resist.

The bad pets I have mentioned are just a few of many. Despite all those poor pets, I still do not blame KI for the poor talents, neither do I believe we should have a chance to reset the pets talents until we get what we want. That would take the purpose out of hatching.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life