Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Separate PvP podium for GM and Legends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Enough is enough. Too many complaints on the issue of pvp.
Some 'genius' decided it was best for a level 50+ to team up with novice wizards just to out smart the math in ranking system and get rank fast.
Meanwhile all of us that play fair, with honour and dignity are suffering the outcome.

Why not put up a 3rd podium for Grands and Legends to pvp.
Furthermore, put a level block on the RANK podium so Gm's and Legends can not team up with anyone lower than 50.

Rylee (Tomb Raider) level 33

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I think the idea needs more detail but all in all it is a good idea. Make a separate list for higher level ranked players.. I like it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
I think the idea needs more detail but all in all it is a good idea. Make a separate list for higher level ranked players.. I like it.

It sounds good, but fixing one problem can lead to another. Creating seperate tiers for PvP will fix the mismatch between wizard levels, but will also dramatically decrease the availabilty for low and mid level wizards to PvP. This is why more lower and mid level wizards are encountering Legendaries, there just isn't enough of them to duel. Moving to this format will create an environment like Pet Derby where someone can wait hours for one match to begin (which IS based on level). It's a good idea, but there will be consequences.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
kingurz wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

It sounds good, but fixing one problem can lead to another. Creating seperate tiers for PvP will fix the mismatch between wizard levels, but will also dramatically decrease the availabilty for low and mid level wizards to PvP. This is why more lower and mid level wizards are encountering Legendaries, there just isn't enough of them to duel. Moving to this format will create an environment like Pet Derby where someone can wait hours for one match to begin (which IS based on level). It's a good idea, but there will be consequences.

Ikr, all my posts on these kind of issues is trying to explain to people that is all a player factor and it depends on the amount of players. But they just keep denying it and want a KI fix and well if it makes the majority of them happy maybe the rants on it will stop.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
the should do that. I am sick of my pvp rank going down every time I get put with a GM :x

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
kingurz wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

well put!! Finally someone with a rational opinion. Listen, when I was a 1600 rank Pre celestia I would sometimes wait up to four hours to be lucky enough to get a fight to downrank with the hopes of getting lower just to get fights, bad news the other guy was also trying to drop rank because waiting forever for a match is about as fun as watching paint dry. I heard of a great place for all complainers to hang out... a wonderful place where you can pick to fight whatever level you want!! Even your exact level--->points to practice side.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
I do not support this idea but I support the spirit of it.

The reason I don't support it is because it would increase the waiting times too much.

I think the writer of this thread would be very nicely surprised to find out he is not losing a lot of points from fighting and losing to GMs and legends thanks to the new fix to the scoring system.

This goes a long way to decreasing the hurt of a level 33 fighting GM and/or legend.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Bedard101 wrote:
Enough is enough. Too many complaints on the issue of pvp.
Some 'genius' decided it was best for a level 50+ to team up with novice wizards just to out smart the math in ranking system and get rank fast.
Meanwhile all of us that play fair, with honour and dignity are suffering the outcome.

Why not put up a 3rd podium for Grands and Legends to pvp.
Furthermore, put a level block on the RANK podium so Gm's and Legends can not team up with anyone lower than 50.

Rylee (Tomb Raider) level 33

um my brother happens to like to team up with his friend because they are kinda famous at the arena so if they put this then there will be more problems in the arena and my brother wont be famous anymore and that will make him and is partner lose there title as being very famous pvpers at the arena

please ki dont do this think of my brother

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Hey I agree with you. I am lvl 18 life and I LOVE to 2v2 with my bestest friend Hunter Hawkblade (lvl 18 myth) and on most occations we fight LEGENDS pvping WITH wizards of OUR LVLS! It's untolerable. Wizard101 should ban the idea of wizards under lvl 48 pvping with legends. And the way they get us is because we are high ranks. Sometimes we beat the legends (either insane bolt or Hunter boost up and then uses his pet orthrus) but I always die and then the legends and there teammates rub it in our faces. UGH! Kingsisle SHOULD put a stop to this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassandra Darkheart (PvP Commander) lvl 18 life :D

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
grvy123 wrote:

um my brother happens to like to team up with his friend because they are kinda famous at the arena so if they put this then there will be more problems in the arena and my brother wont be famous anymore and that will make him and is partner lose there title as being very famous pvpers at the arena

Well, then you two should get wizards around the same level. You just admitted you are part of the problem we are facing in the arena. which ever one of you is the lower level, should raise to pvp together FAIRLY.

Rylee (Tomb Raider) lvl 33

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Bedard101 wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

Well, then you two should get wizards around the same level. You just admitted you are part of the problem we are facing in the arena. which ever one of you is the lower level, should raise to pvp together FAIRLY.

Rylee (Tomb Raider) lvl 33

hey i am fair i dont rank up using high level friends.
my brother is the lower level and he loves doing pvp a lot but if he ranks up on his own he gets destroyed about a little bit less then half the time.
also i am not his partner for pvp he teams up with his myth friend named Jason Legend so dont say i am part of the problem because i am fair
and my brother is a level 12 balance that only has a few shields and a few blades

ugh i am not part of the problem