Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Casting Yourself

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
I keep seeing other players cast theirself as a spell.
I know enemies can cast theirself.

Can someone plz tell me when i will get this spell

it is bothering me so much

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I am assuming you mean when someone appears in the center and attacks the enemy.

You can get that sort of an attack with a sword equipped. You get those at level 40+.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It is a wand attack, but particulary that with swords. Your wizard comes in and kicks off and sends a little blade magic cut thing at the enemy, it is just like a variation of the wand and staff attacks xD.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
sword spells, they are wand spells that you attack with your sword. a opponents version is a natural attack. get a sword, you can get them as drops at about 45+

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
Players "casting themselves"is not a spell, per say. Starting when you reach lvl 45, you can get swords from -Some DS bosses (lvl 45+), -The Bazaar (Level 52+), -the Crowns Shop (Level Requirements vary), -and the Dragon's Hoard Pack (Ultra Rare item, gauged according to current lvl). The DS drops and Dragon Hoard swords will look like normal swords, but shimmer in some fashion. Sparkles and light will come from them. Each sword, like any other wand, gives 5-6 wand attack cards. The ones from DS will do 100 damage each, ones from the Bazaar will do 110-120 each (some of these are staves and some are swords), and the lvl 60 sword from Dragon Hoard has cards that do 130 each. If you obtain one of these cool swords/staves, when you target an enemy with a wand attack, instead of them being hit by a tiny spell-like thing, your character will be transported into the center of the battle ring and do a cool kick flip attack at the enemy. So, in all, this is just a wand attack, not some sort of epic amazing spell.

Hope I helped!

~Valerian DarkBringer: Legendary Necromancer
~Thomas DragonCaster: Adept Theurgist

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
aaabbbccc10 wrote:

they arent casting themself they are using a sword or blade like wand and using the wand spell they get.

and also the enemies have a spell called natural attack but ya cant learn it

Adherent
May 20, 2010
They're probably using a sword-wand. The player will go out into the middle of the battle circle and perform a spinning attack on the enemy, doing about 100-120 damage.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
you are probably seeing a spell from a high level or crown wand that makes the player do a sort of flip sword slash

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
aaabbbccc10 wrote:

what you are seeing is the animation that runs when someone has a high level wand that's made to look like a sword, and they play the wand attack.

once you get high enough in level to get one (stitched swords don't work), if you have it (a sword, not a staff) equipped, then you'll see yourself show up in the middle of the circle and do a spin kick attack too.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
When you have a sword as your "wand" you can jump into the center and take a swing at the opponent. I assume this is what you mean by cast yourself as a spell.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Some wizards have swords with cards that when you use them you go into the circle and hit them.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
:? oh my, even me .. i got curious with that spell
currently im in level 15, in what level we are able to learn that spell?

8) pls do help us :) :x

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
aaabbbccc10 wrote:

Are you referring to sword attacks? Sword animations place the wizard in the middle of the dueling circle and they "slash" at their enemies. If so, that is a type of wand and not a particular spell.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Other players may seem to be casting themself but they really are using their wands spell i hope this helps.

Community Leader
Ah yes this is done by using different types of swords/wands. It is minor attack of the sword. If you buy a sword and stitch it into a wand/ staff you will still be able to have the same effect.

Bazaar would be the best place to start hunting.Then there are swords in all worlds above MooShu.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Defender
May 12, 2009
aaabbbccc10 wrote:

I think about level 45 or 50. It comes with the wands that do 110.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
If you are referring to a wizard going out and kicking an NPC it is a wand spell. I think wands from Dragonspyre do that. Sorry not awake and I know my Gals use that type of wand in Dragonspyre.

Megan

Survivor
May 04, 2009
That ability comes with some different wands. Likely you are so new you have the first or maybe the second wand. After you gain experience and GOLD you can buy new wands that allow that self casting.

Good luck

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
My guess is you are referring to some of the higher level or special wand spells that come with an animation that launches the play to directly attack enemy with sword/wand instead of a staying in your battle position. Most of the sword wands have this effect.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Hi,

I think what you are referring to is a wand attack.
It's the only 'spell' I can think of where the animation is your wizard attacking.
Once you reach Dragonspyre, you will start to collect wands that allow you 'cast yourself' at the enemy.

Hope that heps

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure this is the single most replied to thread in the shortest amount of time (besides maybe Feedback Friday). :D :D :D

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
i see, but then i have to go DragonSpyre for me to learn that spell.
its cool, very cool ..love it

will it do the same for a female wizards? hahahaa
extremely cool would it be! :D
seeing girls doing that spell