Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Fighting With critical

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Ok well first to say I am not a big fan of critical in pvp at all. On my life character I had it as a commander working it up to legend and this was before critical came out. I was about lvl thirty eighth or so and I did not mind facing the lvl forty people or higher lvl but as soon as critical came out. My ranking dropped bad I went do to just a private and it hurt and I worked my way up again and go from sergeant and all to veteran back.

But here is my complaint.

I am higher ranking I am a veteran currently lvl forty sixth and because of my higher ranking I happened to get paired with the lvl sixty legends who no offence are terrible and have poor pvp rankings below 500. So I beat them most of the time lets say five out of every sixth. and I get 30 points assuming its constant at 6 points per each legend (btw thats pretty close to what it is) I beat that's rating is below 500. The other two legends the are bad also below 500 completely honestly only use a plus forty blade and critical me and win? How is that fair? If I am facing high lvl people that are not good and win only by critical? at and on top of it I am loosing more points than I am gaining?? by beating more legends???? I loose between 17-21 points a piece each time I loose to a legend that is terrible at pvp??? so that is 35-40 points I am loosing when I am only gaining 30 ish points! So regardless my rank drops and continues to drop. And of course thats using estimates and I am really loosing more than 10 points each time out of seven people I face that are legends.

Something seems outta whack when you beat high lvl people way more often and gain fewer points??? I mean really I can beat three legends in a row and loose to one legend that is terrible and wins by critical and be worse then when I started?

I mean I do not have critical nor do I really want it. I would be content of facing people in my lvl range give or take two lvls but I mean facing people who are 10+ lvl over your head beating them and gaining few points? Thats not right. And I do not even have critical and cant get it for another what 6 lvls? so when you beat someone 10+ lvl higher than you and loose way more points thats kinda not right I mean you should get rewarded for beating them since they are higher lvl.

Now let me say I am never one to complain at all I hate people that do and I understand that but this is getting to the point where I do not wanna pvp and thats sad cause I love showing my skill and trying to beat people. But its not right when you loose one match and drop more points than when you one and beat the previous 4 people in a row ( all higher lvl all below 500) and this happens all the time. ( I havent faced someone lower than my lvl or someone my rank in 40 matches or almost?)

I know there are people who like critical and are saying shut up you don't like it then don't pvp. Or are like then why dont you lvl up to get critical clothes and critical ratings and so forth.

1) I love to pvp that is why and I want to face people in my lvl range and not over me by more than 10+ lvl who can use something to kill me that I am not able to posses. And it is not fair to face people that you shouldn't be able to beat regardless since they have higher resistance and higher health and higher attacking power.

2) Critical is not really fighting its relying on luck to win rather than actually skill and planning it out and having a strategy. (I have had a death grandmaster warlord so I know what it takes). And it ruins the fun thats why I am not in a hurry to get a critical rating but from the way it seems now I may have to but thats sad.

But this is getting to be a problem in my opinion and should be fixed even out the the max lvl of someone you can face. Or do something to make it fair again. Plz thats all I am asking.

Blake NightWraith

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
In the thread "Collection of Our Best Ideas for PvP", somewhere in this board, we suggest fixes to the problems that you are bringing up.

In essence, we have suggested critical block gear for lower levels (PvP-use only so -100 mana) and a scoring system that doesn't dock high points from getting beat up by a much higher level.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:

In essence, we have suggested critical block gear for lower levels (PvP-use only so -100 mana) and a scoring system that doesn't dock high points from getting beat up by a much higher level.

Ok suppose I do want critical block gear and put a training point in conviction. That still does not help the fact the when my level 33 is battling a legend with a 60%+ damage boost before blades and traps are calculated.

Grandmasters and Legends NEED their own arena where they can not team up with novice wizards and ruin the work most of us honest pvpers have accomplished.

I have been asked several times why I do not find a legend and have them rank me up. I have to tell them that I battle with dignity and honour and will never succumb to the lowliness of cheating with over powered spells knowing that my opponent does not have a fair chance of defending themselves.