Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Limited Side Board in PvP

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
So i was fighting this team they were both fire, and like literally every card they used was a treasure except for two effreets and a dragon but that was made from a gargantuan treasure. I won the fight so its not really a rant. But it is just a suggestion all in all. It seems in PvP we are making players that rely more on their treasure cards than their actual cards lol. For example when we were dueling it was a 2v2 and they used two treasure black mantles one on me, and then one on my team mater, and i said why not just smoke screen? Well they replied it wasnt good enough? I think when in Pvp your side board should be limited to only 10 treasure cards. I mean at the end of the match you know i asked them, they of course were mad because they had lost a total of 31k gold on the match just from treasures lol. It just seems like if you PvP you should do it because your good and have actual strategy rather than just spam treasure cards. I mean i felt a little bad for them because 31k to me is a chance to hatch my wyvern again, but they did risk losing.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Here I wish you had explained how big a side deck is currently allowed to be. As far as I know up to level 33, no side is too large.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
That i know it just varies i didnt want to say a set number and then people just going well mine is 25, or mine is 30 or something because then it would get so off topic and trust me laura on PvP message boards people care more about looking smart than the actual post lol.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
So i was fighting this team they were both fire, and like literally every card they used was a treasure except for two effreets and a dragon but that was made from a gargantuan treasure. I won the fight so its not really a rant. But it is just a suggestion all in all. It seems in PvP we are making players that rely more on their treasure cards than their actual cards lol. For example when we were dueling it was a 2v2 and they used two treasure black mantles one on me, and then one on my team mater, and i said why not just smoke screen? Well they replied it wasnt good enough? I think when in Pvp your side board should be limited to only 10 treasure cards. I mean at the end of the match you know i asked them, they of course were mad because they had lost a total of 31k gold on the match just from treasures lol. It just seems like if you PvP you should do it because your good and have actual strategy rather than just spam treasure cards. I mean i felt a little bad for them because 31k to me is a chance to hatch my wyvern again, but they did risk losing.

Dear thorvon65,
I have read some of your other posts and you complained in some of them about your name being mis-spelled and how it was annoying you. When I read your posts I find MANY mis-spellings and it's now annoying me. I'm not just going to rant about you spelling though and get off topic how so very much that annoys you too. Treasures were made on purpose. If you can remember Triton Avenue (I know, so far back) Dugan, the death boy in one of the quests he said I'm out of treasure cards. Your side deck should be as big as it is now because I find it easy and simple to use treasure cards. They are very handy and if I lose when I use them oh well. As people say, don't complain about other people, when you are the other person. To break that down for you, please work on your spelling, if you will not, then stop complaining about other peoples.
Thanks.

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge, Jinxx

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Rachael125 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Dear thorvon65,
I have read some of your other posts and you complained in some of them about your name being mis-spelled and how it was annoying you. When I read your posts I find MANY mis-spellings and it's now annoying me. I'm not just going to rant about you spelling though and get off topic how so very much that annoys you too. Treasures were made on purpose. If you can remember Triton Avenue (I know, so far back) Dugan, the death boy in one of the quests he said I'm out of treasure cards. Your side deck should be as big as it is now because I find it easy and simple to use treasure cards. They are very handy and if I lose when I use them oh well. As people say, don't complain about other people, when you are the other person. To break that down for you, please work on your spelling, if you will not, then stop complaining about other peoples.
Thanks.

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge, Jinxx

Thanks for being to the point. And not going off topic. Everyone makes spelling mistakes I only point them out to people who get off topic and try to seem all pristine about it lol, as it very much annoys me... I do try and complain in some of my posts but that is just me showing myself again that people don't know a valid problem from a complaint. And you have people that just sensly will try and call everything a complaint which just isn't true.

My problem is if you read the post the reason this is in PvP because there are some players that will use more treasures than actual cards lol, and they aren't treasures of their school. If you remember when Greyrose stated that the trading of charmed treasure cards was no longer allowed J Todd Coleman quoted the incredibles and said "If everyone is super, no one will be" I feel this applies here to if everyone is just using treasures that are out of their school and just keep using them well whats the fun in the game.

If someone really takes the time to read my posts they will understand i want this game to be a lot more challenging to people who don't really use strategy in playing. But as you can read I face very heavy resistance and it is mostly off topic.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Thorvon, the reason you face very heavy resistance, is simply because you are wrong. How many people does it take to point that out, for you to get the picture?

When you say people are mostly off topic, you mean, you are mostly off topic right? Because that is exactly what is happening...

I normally love to read the message boards and hear what people have to say, I love reading the advice and strategies people give, and hearing all the new ideas.

However, as of late, you have made the message boards a PvP of your own. You have gone against Darth and Laura as some sort of vengeance quest.

You have made the message boards very offensive and then try to pass the buck to others...

I normally dont post very often, but I have had it with you saying, "Darth is name calling, or Laura is off topic" when you are the one!

If you want to post something, post the facts.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
RosamaryH wrote:
Thorvon, the reason you face very heavy resistance, is simply because you are wrong. How many people does it take to point that out, for you to get the picture?

When you say people are mostly off topic, you mean, you are mostly off topic right? Because that is exactly what is happening...

I normally love to read the message boards and hear what people have to say, I love reading the advice and strategies people give, and hearing all the new ideas.

However, as of late, you have made the message boards a PvP of your own. You have gone against Darth and Laura as some sort of vengeance quest.

You have made the message boards very offensive and then try to pass the buck to others...

I normally dont post very often, but I have had it with you saying, "Darth is name calling, or Laura is off topic" when you are the one!

If you want to post something, post the facts.

You know Rosemary, i have replied to a lot of the stuff you have been saying about me. And i'll tell you this again, the way your texting your just reading half of everything or just reading their replies... The thing is they can accuse me of all this but accusing doesn't mean it is truth... They say i get off topic, I answered everything they said. The problem is they like the arguements that are pointless they are enjoying it... So you can defend people that try to bully others all you want I won't judge.. Just know it isn't right.