Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-10-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week of working on new and shiny things for the Spiral has come and gone, and now it's that wonderful time of the week. Ya know, Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

First of all, thank you all for the amazing plant ideas from last week's FF. We may never have to think of new plants again! ::grin::.

For this week, I'd like to hear from the folks who have purchased or plan to purchase a Mega Bundle (with the Sultan's Palace, Snake in a Basket pet, Magic Carpet mount, etc). We would like to ask, simply... which part of the bundle are you most excited about and why?

Have a wonderful weekend, wizards! I'm looking forward to relaxing in my new palace with my toes in the sand! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
I would like to say I knew what i would get so when i got it i did know what my target was....

First: another mount
Second: Pet(was new)
Third: House(different house XD)
Forth: Crowns(cause are crowns)
Fifth: Wand(better block)

The Armor for level 50 in Epic pack was acceptable for fighting with But i dont see much need to fight with my level 50 of the Mega.

Thats basically it...

What out of it all was most important to me though was the Wand.

I needed the block......we only have an average of 1/12 chance of blocking XD considering Critical determines its use.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Another week of working on new and shiny things for the Spiral has come and gone, and now it's that wonderful time of the week. Ya know, Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

First of all, thank you all for the amazing plant ideas from last week's FF. We may never have to think of new plants again! ::grin::.

For this week, I'd like to hear from the folks who have purchased or plan to purchase a Mega Bundle (with the Sultan's Palace, Snake in a Basket pet, Magic Carpet mount, etc). We would like to ask, simply... which part of the bundle are you most excited about and why?

Have a wonderful weekend, wizards! I'm looking forward to relaxing in my new palace with my toes in the sand! ::grin::
For me professor : i mostly use the mount and the palace CharlesDragonBlood Level 58 Pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

i mostly use the magic carpet mount and the palace on occasion I use the sultan gear.CharlesDragonBlood Level 58 Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
For Sultan's Palace, I am the most excited about the House because there is a lot of space to decorate and secret passages. I also like that there's an arena and a Gardening Area. The Sultan's Palace house is Perfect for me!

~Kelly
The Life Wizard

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I have it on my balance and i really like the main hall area i like how big it is and i like the mote of course. The one negative feedback is to change the music i know someone posted about it in the dorms but i just don't think wizard city music goes with the sultan theme, I would like a music in the backround that is more mysterious or just more that goes with the theme then wizard city music.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
The Palace was the biggest draw for me, and I'm glad I bought it. The Genie is excellent in concept and execution, and I'd like to see similar unique features built into future houses. Perhaps a practice dummy enemy to fight, or a Fountain of Youth that refills your health and mana like a potion.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Defender
Jul 08, 2009
I really want the snake in a basket pet :D. I've seen it in action with otehr people, it's awesome!

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Defender
Mar 24, 2009
I would think the Snake in a Basket pet. I trained mine up to adult and it got many nice talents. The house is WAY too big.. the mount attracts quite a bit of unwanted attention.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
well i got the bundle and i gotta say i am mos excited about the palace, escpecially since it has been edited to allow furniture on sand :D great place and i love the textures and look of the arabic themed house. nice work ki!

Survivor
May 21, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

For Sultans Palace, I would have to say magic carpet mount because I thought wizard101 forgot about magic flying carpets and I am so excited they have released this with the Mega Bundle

Survivor
Dec 01, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

im excited for the houses and cool new pets
kayla sparklethorn lvl 52 death

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh, where to begin on this one...

Well, of course the Magic Lamp addition was very nice... Always a thrill to get something every day... So, you have to love this feature...

I love the Magical Flute... I like the uniqueness of it... I love the sounds and the animation of when you cast a spell... This is outstanding...

Although, I truly love how the new Blade looks from the Dragon Hoard Deck.... So, it's a toss up... lol

All in all, great job with the Mega Bundle...

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
I personally love the shoes that comes with the Mega Pack (The one with Sultan's Palace). I love the Grandmaster and up selection. Storm Lord is a great card and I think its wonderful that not only storm gets to enjoy it! I hope you continue making Mega Packs Giftcards and with more exciting 'school only' cards. Thanks for all the great gifts you put into Wizard101! :D

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I like the chanters magic flute because it's casting animation looks great and unique. Can't wait to get my mega bundle.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

The Flying Carpet, because it matches my Storm Wizard's robes, hat, boots, hair, pet, kind of sword, and eyes. XD.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
The Palace, for sure! Because I love decorating, and KI really did a great work on this house, the bad point is that I just can't remove rugs from the floor in some areas, like the Treasure Room.

~~Jonathan DeathShield

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
We bought the pack for our daughters birthday. My favorite part is the genie in the bottle. what a fun little suprise!! I love how anyone can go to her house and get a little gift from him!

ellie

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
I LOVE THE SULTANS PALACE! It's huge. When I first saw it, (before I had it), being an owner of the Massive Fantasy Palace, I felt small! I love the room with the genie, and the lake. Probably the mirage. That's pretty kewl. Great job KI!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Well, i have not purchased a mega bundle because I do not live in the US. However, here is what i like about the mega bundle.

I like the snake in a basket pet and i liked the magic carpet mount but you just squashed it with the bone drake mount (i got meh 2 :D)

I like the flute because of the critical ratings and its looks really cool. The palace is wonderful but i just crafted my Celestial Observatory so am NOT gonna let the Sultan's Palace reign on my parade! (harrumph).

There are a few minor things though. I think the Sultan's garb should have given better stats that what can be found in the game because people forked out $39.00 for it but still have to go farm the Waterworks for the better gear?

Yeah Yeah I would rant and rave that its unfair to us poor and lowly folks but, hey thats the way of the world.

Anyways, i have a suggestion that might solve the problem of these megas bundles not being available to all players. Why not offer something similiar in game like you did with the Dragon Hoard pack? Of course, you would have to allow time for the sale of whatever bundle you launched, to go on for a while, then you could introduce some super pack in game that offer similiar goodies but not as "good" as the bundle currently available for sale.

For example, you have the mega bundle now on sale at gamestop with all these features and stuff. So maybe, like next month you could introduce the "Master Pack" in the crown shop. Say, perhaps you could have like a mount, gear and a pet. so this wouldn't overshadow your Mega Bundle that has the palace, 5000 crowns/sub, etc., etc., etc.

its just an idea to run with.

Defender
May 27, 2010
I am getting the Mega Bundle later today, but the thing I like the most from it would have to be the Genie

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
Honestly i don't like feedback questions like this. it caters to crown players. Now i don't mind players who want to buy crowns and purchase these types of bundles and packs but a duscussion thread to talk about what they like about them is tough to stomach.

It's true that some crown items are given as drops in the game which requires a lot of time to aquire but it would be nice if everything that is a crown item was attainable in some way other than crowns.

Make the houses and mounts craftable or worth a ton of game gold. If people aren't willing to go through the effort to get them that way then of course they would always be available for crowns.

Thanks

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

The thing I'm most excited for with mega bundle is the flying carpet and the outfit.
1. the flying carpet because I've always wanted a permanent mound but I never had enough crowns
2. the outfit because it gives you good "stats" like resistance and power pip chances and health and mana etc.
But don't get me wrong all of the stuff it comes with sounds REALLY cool!