Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk-Scary to Ice?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Hello :D
For me, I like a challenge, and Wizard 101 is one.
But WinterTusk is just too hard for Thaumaturges.
Having fire is nice, I do like challenges, but Wintertusk is too much.
I don't find it fun at all.

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge Jinxx 8)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
My son is the same way, he is an ice and fire wizard. I had to help him out with almost every single boss.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Rachael125 wrote:

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge Jinxx 8)

Wintertusk is very challenging for the solo ice wizard, to be certain. I used a combination of my minion to break towers, tons of ice shields, weakness, and generous healing to live while I waited for long enough to set up with a prism to one hit kill each enemy. May I suggest that with the exception of the boss, you can use a spell such as frostbite or snow angel and then throw prisms on afterward to convert the over time damage. Finally, if you find it just too annoying as a solo ice wizard, you'll need to team up. Most of these aren't too bad if you even team up with one other decent player. Good luck!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Rachael125 wrote:

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge Jinxx 8)

I totally agree. In fact, I've just stopped playing with my legendary ice wizard. I'm hoping KI will introduce a 'real' new world that would follow Celestia. I'm also really disappointed that they put the level 58 pet spell in Wintertusk. I will not be getting that, that's for sure.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I did Winertusk the first time with my Ice legendary and although there are a lot of ice bosses I thought it was ok. You have to use your ice prism spell more or put up a few more blades. I usually do not quest alone so I often have help for the bigger battles.

But yeah, I am now playing my Fire Legendary in Wintertusk and it is much easier this time. :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Thank you guys and girls so much for your feedback!
I will definitely being using your ideas :)

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge, Jinxx 8)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Rachael125 wrote:

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge Jinxx 8)

I understand your point but am a fire think how DS was for me :p
Just use lots of convert cards and you will be fine :) shield convert tower blades you will be good to go :) don't forget to use traps also :p hehe

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I kept my Ice wizard for last so I can learn the areas really well, but I have not had too much of a problem. I'm working on him now and with a smaller deck with 7 converts bosses have not been much of a problem, though more patience is required. The upgraded colosus is nice when buffed with gargantuan.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
redmist01 wrote:
Rachael125 wrote:

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge Jinxx 8)

I understand your point but am a fire think how DS was for me :p
Just use lots of convert cards and you will be fine :) shield convert tower blades you will be good to go :) don't forget to use traps also :p hehe

most bosses in the game are either myth fire or death in that order. how do you think i pyromacer feels walking through the game? nearly every area has at least one fire boss if not more. if there are as many legend pyros as there are of other schools, then you can live through a couple of bosses in your own school.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Maybe your just being frustrated too much. Ever have friends helping you? You just cant expect to win wintertusk in 1-2 days.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Well, I just wanna say that if you need help in Wintertusk then we can get a time together, a realm to meet in, where you wanna meet, and a day to meet. But first, I would need help in Grizzleheim. BTW, I am a level 54 pyromancer, my name is Jasmine Pixieblossom, and if you already know me then tell me.