Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cards in my favor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
ok i am an ice (and loving it) and i have a question that im sure many pvp fans have talked about.
first let me explain. i am a captain in the arena and when i do pvp (rarely) i somehow always win. im not trying to brag but thats the truth. i always end up winning by close calls. sometimes its my minion hitting them while their down and sometimes its then hitting themselves with an insane bolt. anyway i have absolutely no strategy (i would but (im VERY strategetic) a strategy for ice just hasnt clicked for me) but i go up agaisnt people with very good strategys (strategys that i would do if i was their school). like someone making a major blade stack and hitting the opponent with a 14 pip heckhound.
so my question is, is it better just to see where the cards take you or make them go somewhere? ty for feedback

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
no question about it, you need a strategy. You have only been winning because you have been playing low ranking people, since you are only a captain. You will need a strategy to win once you start playing harder people.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, personally, a little of both... Yes, you can usually only play the hand that is dealt, however, I also stack my treasure deck, so that if I need a certain card, be it a Blade or an Attack, I can easily get to it when I need it...

Any Good PvP player will be able to Blade when needed, Shield when needed, or attack when needed... Because when it comes to PvP, time is of the essence...

Defender
Jun 21, 2009

Yeah I have the same problem. I, a level 51, against Legendaries with the greatest Dragon Rider Gear, or some other fancy CL or WT thing. I win against Storm, Death, Myth etc.