Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultimate Life PvP tactic?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
So I wanted to do sone PvP but kept getting that oh so familiar "HELP!" and "Port to me!"

So after queing for a 2v2 I went to help a friend. I switched to my healing deck and helped through a boss fight. Once it was over I was requested to the arena immediately so I went but forgot to switch deck to my PvP so all I really had was healing spells.

I was teamed with a fire against death and storm. I just kept dropping heals amidst the cries from the observers yelling "stop healing!" and "cheater!" until the opposing team fled and my team won.

Similarly I went into a 1v1 match against a fire and when I was getting Efreet'd I had enough of a mind to anticipate it and used a heal on the same turn since fire was going first. Then I use a sword attack to remove weakness. This went on for the better part of an hour with me barely throwing a punch and the fire not being able to finish me with one Efreet and he ended up fleeing.

I know as a life wizard I have the advantage in healing but I've always said healing doesn't win a match! Was o really that wrong in that statement? I mean PvE no way but PvP? Is this the secret that has eluded me in PvP for almost 400 matches?

Should I use this tactic of frustrating an opponent into submission over trying to overpower with attacks? I doubt I could use this effectively in matches larger the 1v1. And of course against 1 hit kills it's a null point it would really require me to be dropped to almost dead and the heal myself to full EVERYTIME to work this angle but it could be a tactic right?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Tragamite wrote:
So I wanted to do sone PvP but kept getting that oh so familiar "HELP!" and "Port to me!"

So after queing for a 2v2 I went to help a friend. I switched to my healing deck and helped through a boss fight. Once it was over I was requested to the arena immediately so I went but forgot to switch deck to my PvP so all I really had was healing spells.

I was teamed with a fire against death and storm. I just kept dropping heals amidst the cries from the observers yelling "stop healing!" and "cheater!" until the opposing team fled and my team won.

Similarly I went into a 1v1 match against a fire and when I was getting Efreet'd I had enough of a mind to anticipate it and used a heal on the same turn since fire was going first. Then I use a sword attack to remove weakness. This went on for the better part of an hour with me barely throwing a punch and the fire not being able to finish me with one Efreet and he ended up fleeing.

I know as a life wizard I have the advantage in healing but I've always said healing doesn't win a match! Was o really that wrong in that statement? I mean PvE no way but PvP? Is this the secret that has eluded me in PvP for almost 400 matches?

Should I use this tactic of frustrating an opponent into submission over trying to overpower with attacks? I doubt I could use this effectively in matches larger the 1v1. And of course against 1 hit kills it's a null point it would really require me to be dropped to almost dead and the heal myself to full EVERYTIME to work this angle but it could be a tactic right?

I use a bunch of Absorbs, then cast Gargantuan on weak spells. With my Criticals and Damage boost from robes (and maybe a feint), they're easily dead. But I usually get killed first ....

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Lol no it doesnt and i'll tell you why with a story. It was on my ice during the DS days of pvp. I was 1v1 and i had this one guy and he said you should leave now because i'm just gonna heal and you will never kill me. So i said ok. I got my 7 powerpips and used ice armor. Then i left the game going and went afk to grab a bite to eat. About 30 minutes later ice armor still on. I said did you even attack and he said yes, and then asked if i was going to do anything. I simply said no and he was like. Forget this you cheater and fled..

All in all turn it from an advantage to a fatal flaw and then it wont work.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Healing is one of your strengths so you should use it to your advantage and it is certainly not cheating. That said, I can't believe that you want every battle to go on and on and on so at some point you have to make a strong attack on your opponent and try to beat him.
Life is underrated for attack power and you can do some good damage if you stack your cards correctly. Examine every spell you have for it's unique abilities, but also for it's strategic and surprise value.

As for myself I doubt that strategy would work on me unless I ran out of attack spells, which has happened to me a few times.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
My thoughts are this:

You can't expect storm not to use storm attacks, you can't expect fire not to use fire attacks, or balance to use balance attack, or death not to use death attacks...

Yes, life has attacks, but mainly heals... It is a combination of all your school spells that make how good a player is... To know your strengths and weaknesses...

To me, anyone who says that healing is cheating, or Only Noobs Heal, they are people that are truly noobs... They don't know how to have a descent strategy or effectively use spells...

I could care less what people say, what works and the final result is what matters... Do you feel like you cheated because you can heal and you did? I don't think so...

So, laugh when people say those things, because they are truly the simple minded ones, that don't have a clue how to truly PvP!

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
I actually posted this as a LOL cause I thought it was amazing that it happened. No I don't want the match to go on forever and ever but I don't want to loose just cause it may.

I have been in a match where I used every card in my deck to include TC and used reshuffle twice. I would not intentially use this tactic as I know I could be hit with a quick kill spell so if I'm not trying to kill my oppanent then I'm inviting defeat.

Do I feel like I'm cheating when I heal oh no! But if I gave an agreement not to that would be different. Like Darthjt said you can't expect to take 2/3rds of a schools spells to play a match when you have access to your full inventory.

I've heard that I cheated cause I used TCs or even spirit blades! I know it sucks to loose but really I can't use spirit blades? Anyway I'm getting into a rant, but I thought it was comical a concept to think you could win by just healing.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I have not been able to win a pvp battle recently with that tactic. The people who waste their money on the dragons hoard packs just ruin pvp now. If you don't have them, you just cant win! Then you have the balance pepole who just use the annoying judgment and win instantly.