Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical and Blocking

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 12, 2009
I don't know about everyone, but for me, blocking works more often. For me, the problem is, the stats don't match up. I have a much higher critical rate for death, (107) yet I don't usually critical. My critical rate for all the other schools are all 30. My block rate for death is 60, and the others 27. So is it just me, or does block work more often?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
yes it does, i find pvp impossible now because of critical and block. What happened to natural talent? :( :( :(

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
ezrajoseph wrote:
I don't know about everyone, but for me, blocking works more often. For me, the problem is, the stats don't match up. I have a much higher critical rate for death, (107) yet I don't usually critical. My critical rate for all the other schools are all 30. My block rate for death is 60, and the others 27. So is it just me, or does block work more often?

I agree. I rarely Critical, and my rating is 112, and I always block, at 70.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
ezrajoseph wrote:

Its Just Chance. 107 just shows that you have a higher chance of critacel. And remember, Critacel block triggers only when there is critacel. And I bet you there is not a lot of times when there is critacel, SO, criacel block will triger only minor times because critacel shows up not a lot of times.
Get it

Hunter WildHorn
GrandMaster Pyromancer

Defender
May 12, 2009
Thanks for the help, I agree because I was about to reply before I read, my opponents also don't often critical. And hey, if I never get double damage anyway, why complain? Thanks for the help!