Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judgement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
So why did bolt get changed but not judgement? I mean its 100 per pip with only defense being tower. Yet with feints critical and gargantuan tower doesnt even help. At least Insane Bolt kills a storm so why cant you change judgement up a bit?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
princesscallie12 wrote:
So why did bolt get changed but not judgement? I mean its 100 per pip with only defense being tower. Yet with feints critical and gargantuan tower doesnt even help. At least Insane Bolt kills a storm so why cant you change judgement up a bit?

Because a level 1 wizard can survive a Garg'd up Judgement at 2 pips. Not the case with Insane Bolt.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
princesscallie12 wrote:

This is a much discussed topic. Whether I agree with the change or not, the old bolt was changed because people were seriously exploiting accuracy boosts to cast bolt like it was an ice or myth spell and KI felt that was way outside its intended purpose. Moving on to judgement... tower isn't the only thing to mitigate judgement. There is tower, weakness, plague, virulent plague, spirit armor, cleanse ward (to remove feint), disarm (to remove balance blades), and treasure and amulet versions of all those as well. If all else fails, there is also unbalance, the balance dispel. Don't let a balance build up enough pips and place enough traps to one hit kill you. Go on the offensive and force them to waste pips on healing. They can't judge and heal at the same time.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
princesscallie12 wrote:
for 2 pips, judgement does 200 points. for 2 pips, insane bolt does 1000 points. plus balance resist works against judgement's damage. how does this even compare? -corwin sandstalker and crew

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
princesscallie12 wrote:

Being a Balance Wizard, I actually find it underpowered. It's a great spell, but it takes a lot of time to blade and trap, as well as enchant. And yet, it would not do a lot of damage, so it isn't a great main attack for PvE. Besides, its max base damage is 1400, not a lot if you ask me. Plus, tower shield can save your life. Say it will hit about a 2,500 on a Legendary Storm. The Storm has a tower shield, reducing it to just 1,250. The Storm can just Storm blade, elemental blade, and Storm Trap, and kill. Balance doesn't have much resist unless with all Legendary Balance gear.

Balance is also the least boostable school. only Balanceblade, Bladestorm, Hex, and Feint can boost it with equipment boost. If you reduce its power, you get a spell that level 28 Sorcerers don't even think could be useful.

If you actually reduce its power, Balance would stink at PvE, alone or in teams. Judgement was meant to be a finisher, not exactly a main attack.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
princesscallie12 wrote:

Beacuse the wizards are all balanced now (maybe with the exception of Ice who has been ranked down a bit too much). Judgement is the only spell that Balance has that can do any real damage. Balance doesn't get a big critical like Life, Storm, Myth, etc. It has to relay on a stable attack of points to win.
It seldom criticals, and therefore needs one high hit spells to win in PvE or PvP.
Judgement is perfect just the way it is for the balance wizards.
If you change Judge, then you need to increase the Critical rating and internal boost of Balance. Please note, Storm still has Levi, Storm Lord, and multiple boost. Balance does not have a ring for boost, like storm, and this is one of the ways it all balances out to make the wizards even. You need to look at all the speifications of the wizards, not just the spells.

Joseph.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
etherchaos wrote:
princesscallie12 wrote:
for 2 pips, judgement does 200 points. for 2 pips, insane bolt does 1000 points. plus balance resist works against judgement's damage. how does this even compare? -corwin sandstalker and crew

200? Im sorry but a legendary balance egts 4 pips first turn. My friend can do 2000 with 5.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
All you balance wizards make good points, yet, I was fighting today, against a legendary balance wizard. First turn: ice stun, second turn: blade. All this time I was blading and traping. He had four power pips, he had put on the two balance blade spells. and guess what? he judged. he criticals, I die. The problem this forum is about is that judgement is too powerful. it is. there are people who fight with only judgement. and they just abuse it, and abuse over and over, it's not really the spell that should be changed, but the ability to abuse the spell that should be changed. It's KIs problem. Remember the poll that went up for Wild bolt. TOTALLY messed up by KI, The problem was, people were abusing it, so they punished ALL of us instead of the people who were abusing it! thats wrong on KIs part. Final point: what I'd do is fix the people who are abusing it, not the spell.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Posieden810 wrote:
All you balance wizards make good points, yet, I was fighting today, against a legendary balance wizard. First turn: ice stun, second turn: blade. All this time I was blading and traping. He had four power pips, he had put on the two balance blade spells. and guess what? he judged. he criticals, I die. The problem this forum is about is that judgement is too powerful. it is. there are people who fight with only judgement. and they just abuse it, and abuse over and over, it's not really the spell that should be changed, but the ability to abuse the spell that should be changed. It's KIs problem. Remember the poll that went up for Wild bolt. TOTALLY messed up by KI, The problem was, people were abusing it, so they punished ALL of us instead of the people who were abusing it! thats wrong on KIs part. Final point: what I'd do is fix the people who are abusing it, not the spell.

There are people who abuse heckhound and tempest as well. You generally find that they settle out to be around knight or commander and don't really go any farther. Judgement is less of a threat than a heckhound followed by a fire elf... and fire crits more often than balance does... Get a couple of treasure towers, or a treasure unbalance. Arrange your gear for big crit block. There are a number of strategies you can and should use. The reality with PvP is that you are playing people and many of them will do anything they can to win. If they could throw their grandma at you, I'm sure they'd do that too... maybe even follow it up with her walker and then her oxygen tank. There is no code of chivalry for people on the internet and generally no real repercussions for acting like a jerk. That's just how it is and realistically, you can't expect KI to find a way to programatically prevent people from being people.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Look, with tower shield, treasure tower shield, pet tower shields, and equipment tower shields, you mean to tell me, that you can't defend against it?

How many more ways would you like them to give you? Now you want a chance for them to die if they do use it? It attacks 1 person, not all, like tempest does...

Yes, I know, there are complaints about tempest too...

The problem I see here, and I mean no offense to anyone, but the problem is that people are too lazy to get what they need to properly defend themself...

If you can't defend yourself properly, don't cry about it and say that it needs to be changed, because things have been added to help you defend against it... YOU just choose not to use them, that is your own fault...

In closing, I would like to say, that the spells are fine, schools are fine and that if you lose in PvP, don't whine and complain, learn from it...

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Look, with tower shield, treasure tower shield, pet tower shields, and equipment tower shields, you mean to tell me, that you can't defend against it?

How many more ways would you like them to give you? Now you want a chance for them to die if they do use it? It attacks 1 person, not all, like tempest does...

The problem I see here, and I mean no offense to anyone, but the problem is that people are too lazy to get what they need to properly defend themself...

If you can't defend yourself properly, don't cry about it and say that it needs to be changed, because things have been added to help you defend against it... YOU just choose not to use them, that is your own fault...

In closing, I would like to say, that the spells are fine, schools are fine and that if you lose in PvP, don't whine and complain, learn from it...

Hi Darthjt,

Ya know, that is exactly the problem, and I have started to see this after talking to more and more Players. It really didn't click in my head until I read your post.
......"don't whine and complain, learn from it."

It's not that people are too lazy to go get what they need, it's a different issue.
I think it takes time to learn and undertand the entire game and all of it's combinations.
It's like a 10th grader trying to teach a 6th grader Trig, the 6th grader can't learn it or understand it. Four years later it's easy to learn and understand, they can get it. I think this same problem is why so many players complain, they are seeing the game from a limited point of view.

As you play the game more and more, and PvP more, players start to figure this all out. For the Player that is still early in the game and PvP, it's an advanced topic, out of reach for them. People like you that know all of this, it's simple, but for many it's a topic they won't understand for some time to come. No matter how much you try to educate them, beause they can't read into your statements.

One example,

"because things have been added to help you defend against it... YOU just choose not to use them, that is your own fault..."

It's not that they choose not to use them, they don't know how to use them.
They don't have the timing or insight down for PvP, they don't know when to cast them.
Plus they don't really understand combo, or all the different spells you can blend together. So this is what I think is really generating all the Complaints......

Just my thought on the matter,
Hey, and I am still waiting for my cheese.....

Joe.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Hi Darthjt,

Ya know, that is exactly the problem, and I have started to see this after talking to more and more Players. It really didn't click in my head until I read your post.
......"don't whine and complain, learn from it."

It's not that people are too lazy to go get what they need, it's a different issue.
I think it takes time to learn and undertand the entire game and all of it's combinations.
It's like a 10th grader trying to teach a 6th grader Trig, the 6th grader can't learn it or understand it. Four years later it's easy to learn and understand, they can get it. I think this same problem is why so many players complain, they are seeing the game from a limited point of view.

As you play the game more and more, and PvP more, players start to figure this all out. For the Player that is still early in the game and PvP, it's an advanced topic, out of reach for them. People like you that know all of this, it's simple, but for many it's a topic they won't understand for some time to come. No matter how much you try to educate them, beause they can't read into your statements.

One example,

"because things have been added to help you defend against it... YOU just choose not to use them, that is your own fault..."

It's not that they choose not to use them, they don't know how to use them.
They don't have the timing or insight down for PvP, they don't know when to cast them.
Plus they don't really understand combo, or all the different spells you can blend together. So this is what I think is really generating all the Complaints......

Just my thought on the matter,
Hey, and I am still waiting for my cheese.....

Joe.

Hey Joe. Respectfully, I disagree. I was a new player once. I didn't take to the forums complaining that everything was broken or needed to be fixed. I sat down and read the threads with an open mind, then tried to apply what I found here in the game. Basically, its like lecture followed by lab. Many (most?) simply have a hard time in the game, form an opinion, then come in stating their opinion as fact and then just refuse to listen to comments. Admittedly, there are those that beat on people instead of being constructive, but that's just how the internet is. You have to learn to filter the white noise if you wish to benefit from the tool in use. However, you also have to have an open mind to let information in. When a thread starts with "This is broken and needs to be fixed!" vs. "Can anyone tell me if this is normal?" you can tell that they've already made up their mind. Therefore, they have indeed chosen not to use what's available because they have dug in their heals and refused to search for options that might not be immediately obvious to them.

At least... that's the way I see it.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quote from Gtar --"Hey Joe. Respectfully, I disagree. I was a new player once. I didn't take to the forums complaining that everything was broken or needed to be fixed. I sat down and read the threads with an open mind, then tried to apply what I found here in the game. Basically, its like lecture followed by lab. Many (most?) simply have a hard time in the game, form an opinion, then come in stating their opinion as fact and then just refuse to listen to comments. Admittedly, there are those that beat on people instead of being constructive, but that's just how the internet is. You have to learn to filter the white noise if you wish to benefit from the tool in use. However, you also have to have an open mind to let information in. When a thread starts with "This is broken and needs to be fixed!" vs. "Can anyone tell me if this is normal?" you can tell that they've already made up their mind. Therefore, they have indeed chosen not to use what's available because they have dug in their heals and refused to search for options that might not be immediately obvious to them.

At least... that's the way I see it."
---------------------------------------------------------------

Gtar,

I agree if you are talking about someone in 11th grade or above, but what about the other group of players. I read in my gammer mag, that about 35% to 40% of the players are adults. That leave 60 to 65% that are not, and are in grade school or jr high or High school. These are really the people I was thinking about when I wrote that.
There is no excuse for someone that is in 11 grade or above, unless they are (fill in the blank here)..... lol.

Joe.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Darth while in some cases i do say people are just complaining. That doesnt mean that everything is perfect. If you ask me its the same issue just in an opposite way. The reason people are so uptight about these issues is that they wont give up a problem with the system obviously the game is not completely balanced at all. And yet people will defend that is because they dont want to strategize to win they want to able to have an attack that insta kills they dont want to have to wait for pips or have to blade or have to use a star spell or get their bubbles up or have to build up defenses while they do it. They want to garg a spell critical and win... And for me its just not working PvP is really the only big thing players can do after they have reached the level cap and I think players that did level up deserve PvP to be fair, you shouldnt be able to win a pvp in the first turn just because your school gets advantages from the game. But as i know from previous posts you dont believe this. You believe everything is perfect there are no flaws and everyone just complains soo yea.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Gtar,

I agree if you are talking about someone in 11th grade or above, but what about the other group of players. I read in my gammer mag, that about 35% to 40% of the players are adults. That leave 60 to 65% that are not, and are in grade school or jr high or High school. These are really the people I was thinking about when I wrote that.
There is no excuse for someone that is in 11 grade or above, unless they are (fill in the blank here)..... lol.

Joe.

Hey Joe. I have 2 children in that 60% to 65% range. I have to be honest, they don't come on the forums to do anything other than to say things like "We need a prettier unicorn pet" and "myth rules". You can tell (almost without exception) when you are talking to someone below high school here, and I think you'll find that those posts usually are handled in more of a "kid gloves" fashion almost universally. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the ones to tell the community how broken things are generally early high school and older, in which case, I stand by my last post. Even if that isn't the case, I learned to listen in elementary school... I still distinctly recall the "listening skills" lecture from second grade.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
OK. First of all, I don't think you're a Balance wizard and I also think you've been beaten several times by such. For your question, let's look at the facts: 1: Insane Bolt comes with a risk and is NOT a level 35 spell. 2: You're forgetting that Balance doesn't have much power at all. As a Legendary, the only Balance attack spells you'll most likely use are: Ra, Power Nova, and Judgement. Balance isn't very strong, so Judgement just levels out the unfairness with lower level players.

Cya in the Spiral,

Seth B.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
If you look at the actual math, the amount of damage per pip that judgement does is lower than most. You argue that lots of bonuses can be put on it? That is true of any attack. While you are waiting eight turns or so that the balance wizard will need to cast all you described and get a powered up judge, why not take them out first, or mount a defense? A dispel will leave them with no pips at all and you sitting pretty, and that is just one of many options. KI doesn't need to make balance attacks weaker, they are already one of the weakest.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Darth while in some cases i do say people are just complaining. That doesnt mean that everything is perfect. If you ask me its the same issue just in an opposite way. The reason people are so uptight about these issues is that they wont give up a problem with the system obviously the game is not completely balanced at all. And yet people will defend that is because they dont want to strategize to win they want to able to have an attack that insta kills they dont want to have to wait for pips or have to blade or have to use a star spell or get their bubbles up or have to build up defenses while they do it. They want to garg a spell critical and win... And for me its just not working PvP is really the only big thing players can do after they have reached the level cap and I think players that did level up deserve PvP to be fair, you shouldnt be able to win a pvp in the first turn just because your school gets advantages from the game. But as i know from previous posts you dont believe this. You believe everything is perfect there are no flaws and everyone just complains soo yea.

Excuse me, maybe I am a little off here, but how can judgment kill someone right off the bat?

Judgment does 100 per pip, so if you start with 2 power pips, that is 400 add in a treasure gargantuan that is 650 add in balance damage bonus of 66%, more or less depending on gear and pet, just going off of mine...

That makes 1079, now, if you critical that, then you have 2158... Now, you also have your opponent who has universal resistance, so you have to subtract a % from that number... I am sorry, but, even storm has more health than that, so judgment can't kill anyone right off the bat...

Also, as I said, there are ways to critical block, the lifeforce blade, the ring and athame, the gear, I have seen over 110 critical block rating...

So, if you ask me, all it is, is a complaint... People dont want to shield, people want to blade up and attack, problem is, most wait too many turns, they blade and use an elemental blade or a spirit blade and before they have the 6 to 8 pips they need for a decent attack, balance, if goes unchecked, can kill a person... That is not at fault of a spell being overpowered, that is at fault of the player and their strategy...

There is only 2 spells that I know of that have a chance to kill right off the bat... 1 is insane bolt, it can easily kill the caster and maybe another storm (Maybe), and WildBolt with a gargantuan and critical at max...

That is it! Do the math, there is no other spells out there that can kill someone right off the bat....

Now, you say the game or schools or spells are unbalanced? Show me how they are unbalanced, besides stating, "I lose to that school, therefor they must be overpowered"

People complain when they lose, why, because people don't like to lose... People think they are so smart that there is no way, someone could beat them... I myself, am that conceded... However, I know a good strategy when I see one and even I have lost and learned a few things...

That is the key, not to complain when you lose, but to learn from you loss, to correct mistakes you made, to think of a better strategy when facing that scenario...

I still stand firm on my belief, that the game is as balanced as it can get, without all the schools being exactly the same... Try to mathmatically prove me wrong...

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Excuse me, maybe I am a little off here, but how can judgment kill someone right off the bat?

Judgment does 100 per pip, so if you start with 2 power pips, that is 400 add in a treasure gargantuan that is 650 add in balance damage bonus of 66%, more or less depending on gear and pet, just going off of mine...

That makes 1079, now, if you critical that, then you have 2158... Now, you also have your opponent who has universal resistance, so you have to subtract a % from that number... I am sorry, but, even storm has more health than that, so judgment can't kill anyone right off the bat...

Also, as I said, there are ways to critical block, the lifeforce blade, the ring and athame, the gear, I have seen over 110 critical block rating...

So, if you ask me, all it is, is a complaint... People dont want to shield, people want to blade up and attack, problem is, most wait too many turns, they blade and use an elemental blade or a spirit blade and before they have the 6 to 8 pips they need for a decent attack, balance, if goes unchecked, can kill a person... That is not at fault of a spell being overpowered, that is at fault of the player and their strategy...

There is only 2 spells that I know of that have a chance to kill right off the bat... 1 is insane bolt, it can easily kill the caster and maybe another storm (Maybe), and WildBolt with a gargantuan and critical at max...

That is it! Do the math, there is no other spells out there that can kill someone right off the bat....

Now, you say the game or schools or spells are unbalanced? Show me how they are unbalanced, besides stating, "I lose to that school, therefor they must be overpowered"

People complain when they lose, why, because people don't like to lose... People think they are so smart that there is no way, someone could beat them... I myself, am that conceded... However, I know a good strategy when I see one and even I have lost and learned a few things...

That is the key, not to complain when you lose, but to learn from you loss, to correct mistakes you made, to think of a better strategy when facing that scenario...

I still stand firm on my belief, that the game is as balanced as it can get, without all the schools being exactly the same... Try to mathmatically prove me wrong...

Darth this complaining cause i lose thing isn't true for one i dont even really pvp anymore because i dont like how the system works out, plus when i do pvp i don't usually lose. For one mathmatics was never an arguement of mine so it's just you trying to scramble another arguement against me but i'm not argueing, i'm stating my opinion that already in posts i and others have proved mathmatically. However as i stated before your just scrambling and not reading so if you want a mathmatical answer you will have to actually read my posts now. And the thing is your arguement is that people dont want to shield. My arguement is that people dont want to blade your just taking my defense and making it your own which just doesnt make sense lol. Ok i didn't say judgement is over powered so yet again your gonna rant about me without reading my post, to be honest darth i dont even know if i gonna defend this again your just ranting without reading and not making a stable point and your drifting off and accusing me of saying something i didnt again?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
The reason people are so uptight about these issues is that they wont give up a problem with the system obviously the game is not completely balanced at all. And yet people will defend that is because they dont want to strategize to win they want to able to have an attack that insta kills.

These are the exact words from your post.

My post, states that there is only 2 spells that can kill right off the bat...

I do read the posts, you are entitled to an opinion, I however, am also entitled to mine... I am not looking at this in a bias view... I know what has been taken from Ice and I am sorry you are so upset about it...

This post here is about Judgment... Where you decided to reply to me...

Now, I have looked at all the mathmatical figures, yet nobody has proven my statements wrong, or have clearly shown how UNBalanced the schools are...

I am stating facts, not arguing, but proving what I say...

Now, I can see how you might have taken that I said you complain because you lost to Balance, so you are complaining, however, this is the Judgment post, people here are complaining about this spell, and you stated above that people don't want spells changed that can kill right off the bat...

So, if I am the one misunderstanding what you said, please clarify...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
princesscallie12 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
princesscallie12 wrote:
200? Im sorry but a legendary balance egts 4 pips first turn. My friend can do 2000 with 5.
i was using 2 pips in my example because that's how many pips insane bolt uses.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Ok darth here is what ill type just so you can read it clearly

I'm stating that judge is not over powered its fine

My statement and you can quote me on this is simply this that not all posts are complaints there are ones that are complaints and there are others that are true.

I just dont appreciate how every post you just call people complainers or criers is all.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
Ok darth here is what ill type just so you can read it clearly

I'm stating that judge is not over powered its fine

My statement and you can quote me on this is simply this that not all posts are complaints there are ones that are complaints and there are others that are true.

I just dont appreciate how every post you just call people complainers or criers is all.

When something is fine and the problem is not with the spell, but the persons strategy, but they still go on the message boards and state that this spell is too Overpowered, or is cheating, is that not a complaint?

When there are ways to counter a specific strategy, a specific spell, is the person now whining when they say, they are cheating, they win everytime they do this, this needs to be fixed...

Now, if there are no actual counters, or if something is broken, and I will use the Chain Stun Example, then that is an issue and not a complaint... There was no way to avoid chain stuns, it was a problem...

See the difference?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
kingurz wrote:
princesscallie12 wrote:

Because a level 1 wizard can survive a Garg'd up Judgement at 2 pips. Not the case with Insane Bolt.

If you're Ice....

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Personally, I find Judge is useful for PvE as a one-hit kill up until DS, and it's good to use coupled with another strong attack from someone else in PvP. The only two blades a sorcerer learns as part of their deck don't even give a 50% boost advantage, and only hex with 30% and feint with 70% can be learned and used as trap boosts. I find that the Hydra card given to you by Jade Oni's Necklace is at least five times more useful, as it rams through shields and attacks with three different schools. If you're losing to Judge so much, you really need to change your strategy. A single Tower Shield can half the damage done by Judge.