Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insulting and Making People Feel Bad

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I have been trying for the Coat of Invincibility, and this guy I was dueling, i said good luck, and he said I was a chicken! He said I was a noob because I kept using absorb and healing myself. He said I was not a pro. He defeated me, and then he started bragging about it! I don't think this should be allowed! This hurt my feelings, because I had not done anything to him, and he was just insulting me and I couldn't do a thing about it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Rikkublitzballquee... wrote:
I have been trying for the Coat of Invincibility, and this guy I was dueling, i said good luck, and he said I was a chicken! He said I was a noob because I kept using absorb and healing myself. He said I was not a pro. He defeated me, and then he started bragging about it! I don't think this should be allowed! This hurt my feelings, because I had not done anything to him, and he was just insulting me and I couldn't do a thing about it.

Turn your PvP chat off before dueling in the arena. Or put that sad excuse of a wizard on ignore when the match is over.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Unfortunately, there is not much you can do.

You have to remember, this is a family game and that KIDS play. They are not mature and like to be mean and say hurtful things.

Just do your best and remember, they are only words, they don't have any power unless you give them power. You can also put him on ignore, so you dont have to listen to their rantings.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Yeah don't worry about it; keep your chin up and go back to the arena and earn your Coat of Invinsibility.
I have fought hundreds of times in the arena and most of the time the opponents display good sportsmanship whether they win or lose. There are always a few bad apples in the crowd and you shouldn't let them get to you.
Good Luck. :)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010

I agree wtih the others, either turn off your chat, or just laugh at them.
You cannot control what stupid people do, and that says it all.
Good luck and I hope to see you in PvP.

Joesph LionHunter.
Ice, Balance, Storm and Death.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Yea I know what you mean. Got beat by a fire and he started finding my matches and harassing me. Some people just dont know how to grow up.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Thanks all of you. Me and my best friend are working hard to get arena tickets. I will do my best to heed your advice. Thanks again!!

Administrator
Block PvP Opponent Chat
Under Options is the setting that allows you to hide your opponent's Chat in Player vs Player combat. If you have this option enabled, during a PvP duel:

• Anything you type cannot be seen by your opponents, but can be seen by your teammates and spectators.
  • Anything your opponents type you can’t see, but can be seen by their teammates and spectators.
  • All Menu Chat can be seen by everyone.

You can change this setting at any time, including during a PvP duel, but it will not take affect until the next turn.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
I think you can report him if you tell him numerous times to stop.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Here is my two cents:
When someone criticizes you or calls you a noob in PvP, they are probably doing one of a couple things.

1. They are trying to get you to say something aloud so they can see all your gear and stats.
(And now you can see all their stats since they have talked aloud. Who is the noob?)
2. What you are doing is really making them mad because it is exactly what they don't want you to do.

I cast a shield, I get called a shield noob. I cast a heal, I get called a healing noob. I cast my minion and I get called a minion noob.

Even as a Warlord I find Privates calling me noob all the time. I don't take it personally. When I get called a noob, I keep my mouth shut, and smile inside that I am irritating them. The best revenge against those types of people is to utterly destroy them in battle. They will probably still call you a noob after you win, then they will flee quickly. Don't let them get to you, rather, enjoy their obvious discomfort.

If you happen to lose to a person like this, don't take it personally. Study the battle and the things you might like to change in your strategy. And keep playing PvP. You only get better by trying new strategies, and sometimes failing.

Being rude isn't a crime. It's simply a sign of immaturity,

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Not everyone has good manners.
I personally would ignore them and if they follow you around you can report them.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I so agree! Of course, I sometimes get annoyed with people that play like those bosses that shield after you hit them (Not talking about the bosses, I'm talking about the people that do what they do). But I just keep that annoyment in my head. But yeah, people really should be nicer these days.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008

Hello!

Dont ever take this thing seriously,

When I duel, I like to enjoy it.
Sometimes I get upset, but I never ever let it out on my opponent!
I respect them fully if they defeat me, or the other way around.

The best way to handle it:

Turn off PvP Chat.
The second they start saying things you don't like,
It takes a few clicks to press the ignore button,
and be on your way :)

I hope this helped!