Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

miscellaneuos changes...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
first i have no idea if i spelled the title right. second this is just a list of things i think KI should change

1. Wintertusk housing. enough said.
2. i noticed that there has been no new WI dropped pets. pleas change.
3. theres a crafted everything, except pet? ITS ALIVE! think about that.
4. power pips and ice. i think ice has the lowest % for this. i only have 70.
5. take away the storm gear that gives them a 28% resist. storm- attack ice- defend, get it right!
6. in over time spells (snow angel) i think the gargantuan should be added to the over time part only. not split in half.
7. add numbers to the filter chat, if we wanted to give out our numbers we could just say something like fifth or too. btw this was for you, i have +18.
8. let us change things like our hair or name. ice wizard called blaze fireblade. problem.
9. maybe with the mastery amulets you could let us have a regular amulet too. this one was also for you guys, i dont have a mastery amulet.
10. could you mahe an icon that floats above our heads that lets people know that were typing something. im a slow typer.
11. the new ice spells (ice armor, and the shiled one), ice doesnt need another shield spell. good health+good resist= no need any more defense.
12. make all spells atainable by something other than treasure cards. like fire shark or ice bats.

ty and goodbye

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
Blazeb2 wrote:
first i have no idea if i spelled the title right. second this is just a list of things i think KI should change

1. Wintertusk housing. enough said
2. i noticed that there has been no new WI dropped pets. pleas change
3. theres a crafted everything, except pet? ITS ALIVE! think about that
4. power pips and ice. i think ice has the lowest % for this. i only have 70
5. take away the storm gear that gives them a 28% resist. storm- attack ice- defend, get it right!
6. in over time spells (snow angel) i think the gargantuan should be added to the over time part only. not split in half
7. add numbers to the filter chat, if we wanted to give out our numbers we could just say something like fifth or too. btw this was for you, i have +18
8. let us change things like our hair or name. ice wizard called blaze fireblade. problem
9. maybe with the mastery amulets you could let us have a regular amulet too. this one was also for you guys, i dont have a mastery amulet.
10. could you mahe an icon that floats above our heads that lets people know that were typing something. im a slow typer
11. the new ice spells (ice armor, and the shiled one), ice doesnt need another shield spell. good health+good resist= no need any more defense

ty and goodbye

This is quite the list of changes. I do have a couple of questions/comments:

1. Wintertusk housing? Do you mean WT needs housing or it needs to be better?
2. No comment. I got my level 58 school pet and I am happy with it.
3. You also cannot craft plants. Besides you can craft pets through hatching. I admit it's difficult and time consuming, but anything worth doing should be.
4. From what I have read on the forums, Ice gear is the best gear (at least it was before the level 60 and WT gear). Given their massive resistance and bonus to damage, a 70% power pip chance seems pretty good.
5. Last time I checked, Ice resist was over 40%. I do believe the Storm gear change was in repsonse to storm mages complaining about being squishy.
6. No. That would triple the damge being done, thus making DOT spells much more deadly. That is unfair to the schools without DOT spells like Life and Balance.
7. No. KI has repeatedly spoke on this matter. The number filter is designed to protect the target audience: children. Keeping the filter allows them to keep the game safer, which many parents (those paying for the accounts) like. Furthermore, allowing numbers to be typed opens KI to litigation.
8. I agree on the hair and face, not the name - IIRC you pick your name after selecting your school. Blaze Firestarter the Legendary ICE wizard could be just a rebellious teen.
9. No. Its about choices. Be good at your secondary school or get another spell. People need to stop wanting it all.
10. I agree - this happens to me too...perhaps only use it during combat, otherwise there would be little bubbles over people's head all the time.
11. No real comment here, as I do not have an Ice wizard. I have seen on the forums that some like this spell and some don't. But that can be said of any of the new spells. Plus, I do beleive the new Tower shield is for all allies. That is especially nice in multiplayer matches (which the designers seem to be aiming towards.)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1. I am a housing nut, so I am all for new houses.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing a grendel or ice troll pet.

3. In a way you can craft pets through the hatching process. Although the pet you get may look like one of its 'parents', its talents will be different.

4. Ice does have low power pip, but they also have high resists, and a insane amount of health. You have to take the bad with the good.

5. I sort of agree with other schools having resist all abilities. If you give other schools that ability, at least give ice something in return.

6. Then they would have to change it for myth's double attacks. That would not be fair for the person on the receiving end of a double tap.

7. Adding numbers to filter chat would cause MANY problems. It would be too easy for younger players to give out phone numbers, addresses, and yes even their parent's credit card numbers. The filters are there for safety.

8. I wouldn't mind changing my hair, but changing names would cause endless problems. How would they change it on other people's friends list? How would your friends know it was you?

9. I really don't understand what you mean by the mastery amulet. Are you suggesting they should be available to everyone, not just people with crowns? If so, then you should know there are bosses that drop these amulets. That is a way to get the amulets without crowns.

10. Having a bunch of symbols like that above everyone's name would just add to the confusion. Especially if you are in the commons where chat bubbles and names seem to drown out the sights.

11. Since Ice is about defense, it makes sense for them to get another type of shield. I just wish it was an 90% tower shield instead of Ice armor.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009