Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
alexmf2 on May 31, 2011 wrote:
Let me tell you all the reasons ice needs to be boosted, one for each school

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Balance: if anything, they need to be boosted. Way to easy :)

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

Life: nothing much to complain about here

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

First off, balance isn't "way to easy," I am currently a level 50 balance and I hardly ever lose in PvP.

And, I don't think ice should be boosted. They have the ability to spam tower shields and their attacks aren't that bad.

If anything, life should be boosted. They don't have the highest attacks, but I can't complain about the healing.

You're comment on fire, how the heckhound did 1,000 damage with a -70 shield, that I highly doubt. You must have low resistance if it does that much.

Alejandro Skullhorn, 50 balance.
Daniel Wildwalker, 31 death.
Cody Wild, 11 swagmaster.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Simple Sorcery on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Brynner, I am calling you out. You said your fire has the following stats - What gear do you use to get this?

Fire - Level 88
  • 4987 health,
  • 71% damage,
  • 41% healing,
  • 78 Ice resist/51 Storm & Fire resist/42 to all others,
  • 289 critical,
  • 165 univ block
Those are awesome stats Bryn. Let's not lose credibility Brynner. What gear do you use to give this awesome combination on your level 88 Fire? Thank you for letting all Fire Wizards know.

Brynner? Brynner?? Don't let your credibility circle the drain on the message board.

Tell us please! Those are awesome stats. What combination of gear are you using?

Does any other Fire out there have the Brynner Fire stats? Does it really exist?

Brynner? Brynner?
OK Brynner.

I called you out and it looks like you ran.

We have waited a long time for a response, and I haven't heard a peep from you. Are you just making things up and posting them? I hope not dude.

You said your Fire has the following stats - I'll ask again: What gear do you use to get these stats?

Fire - Level 88

• 4987 health,
  • 71% damage,
  • 41% healing,
  • 78 Ice resist/51 Storm & Fire resist/42 to all others,
  • 289 critical,
  • 165 univ block
Now I am not the sharpest tack in the box, but I am in the box; however, I've looked at many combinations of gear and pets, and I don't see how you get these stats on a level 88 Fire. The only thing I can conclude is:

a. You are making things up as you go along and those stats are a Myth and only exist in your mind -

b. You're smarter than all of us and telling the truth because you have figured out how to get the stats above.

I hope it's "b", but I tend to believe it's choice "a" above. You've been hiding have not been seen or responding. I wonder why? Did I catch you in a mis-truth?

Dude, your credibility is near Death, and your Stormy arguments are circling the drain. Come correct Bryn, No one is going to believe anything you post if you can't support what you've been writing.

The Balance of your future posts is Ice Cold and your credibility has little Life left.

Come on Bryn, make this right and come correct and tell us what gear you use.

Come on Bryn, don't make everyone who is reading this think you're just making things up.

Come on Bryn. The entire spiral is holding their breath.

Come on Bryn, come correct.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Ice needs a boost now more than ever. Shadow shrike makes ice's resist useless. Even with 300 critical block, my ice rarely blocks. My 64 global resist is taken to 14 by shrike, and 75 to storm and fire is taken to 25. Fire and storm have much more damage boost and higher damage spells, so they can easily put out more damage. Heals only do so much when your opponent can put out at least 500 every turn. New spells and gear have taken away ice's potential for being a defensive school. This takes away the entire point of the school, and I really think that something should be done about this.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
gtarhannon wrote:
He was referring to the old level 55 crafted gear in Celestia (and specifically just the ice crafted gear at that), not the new level 56 crafted in Wintertusk.
dude I crafted the snow smok winter tusk is not compared to winter tusk but same level 78 ice warlord

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
AlejandroTehSwaggy on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
First off, balance isn't "way to easy," I am currently a level 50 balance and I hardly ever lose in PvP.

And, I don't think ice should be boosted. They have the ability to spam tower shields and their attacks aren't that bad.

If anything, life should be boosted. They don't have the highest attacks, but I can't complain about the healing.

You're comment on fire, how the heckhound did 1,000 damage with a -70 shield, that I highly doubt. You must have low resistance if it does that much.

Alejandro Skullhorn, 50 balance.
Daniel Wildwalker, 31 death.
Cody Wild, 11 swagmaster.
for in ice I would use at lest 50% but it easy use a tower shield then cast any blade but if they use shields you might have to use shatter then snow angel that how we win for more pvp advice quote me created by the blaze icecoin ,78 warlord and the Dylan thunder , pvp captain and his brother Cody walker ,pet warlord and pvp commander enjoy im try to make pvp fun

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013

• for ice use the snow angel it helps but this time I will give gear advice
    more than 25 resist
    more than than 10 damage
    more than8 accracy
    I prefer celstical snow smock and the hat and shoes that match it and for 2013 I prefer sky iron hasta from ares in mount olmpus and heart steel and other kingd of gear you like a ring use frost bite in your deck too!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
sorry changed my name like ultimewarlord1 sorry , ice is overpower witch is a reflection of fire most myth is most overpower cause minoter hits two times and otherus a level 68 beat me for ice I rather you learn life like fire and storm uses life cause they have low health 100% over powered on storm Im sorry I haven't posted for a long time well long time no see blaze icecoin what ever{1892] 1892 rating I use the best arena gear please you don't have to are wisely spirits are wisly overpowerd but not fire I got advice from my old friend dpsyr look for that name quote him but I might got the name spelled wrong. blaze icecoin is my real wiz name warlord

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
ultimitewarlord1 on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
for in ice I would use at lest 50% but it easy use a tower shield then cast any blade but if they use shields you might have to use shatter then snow angel that how we win for more pvp advice quote me created by the blaze icecoin ,78 warlord and the Dylan thunder , pvp captain and his brother Cody walker ,pet warlord and pvp commander enjoy im try to make pvp fun
plus if you need advice about other schools quote me

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
ice needs to be boosted cause ya lose a lot but ice is cool you need the same amount of resist

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008

Storm: insane bolt is completely insane! Here is what happened to me one battle: he went first. He used feint, and then a critical insane bolt. I died second turn.

Fire: a heckhound did a thousand damage every turn. This was with -70 shields...

Death: now death has a variety of cheap spells. That damage then healing spell is crazy in that it gets rid of DOT spells. A critical wraith on a minion also just brings them back to full health.

Myth: earthquake completely gets rid of blades and shields, both ice need very much.

The last update has done nothing to help ice. Frozen armor is worthless now that there are so many ways to get rid of shield, and all legion shield does is help others. Ice NEEDS to get boosted.

Well to be honest with you, your statement is both wrong and right. sure fire people are good with heckhounds but, I am a balance wizard and I have fought many fire wizards and only lost about twice, they're not op, I would know because I am part ice and have an ice wizard. with myth, have you ever thought about just setting traps??? it's VERY easy, I would know. death is very easy too, just keep racking up tower shields, save up pips and attack about 3-4 times in a row while they're still waiting on pips, simple. and with storm, come on now, they have low health but they are tough, I've fought a level 65 storm wizard when I was level 37 and I won, they're not that tough with insane bolt either, your only disadvantage is myth because they get rid of shields, I saw if these guys are THAT tough to you, spam shield and save pips, traps, and blades. When they finally attack you with your best and you have a lot of pips, that's the time for you to attack, hit them when they're down, don't let them do that to you. its easy and pretty much just remedial strategy.
balance wizard level 45.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
To tell you the truth, whenever I reach the arena I am scared when I see an ice wizard because I know I will get mauled by them. Amazing health, free tower, amazing resist, amazing spells. They are the best school in PvP.

Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
Ok heres the deal, all those schools have weaknesses too. Storm fizzles like every time, Fire doesn't have much heals and ice has strength over fire, spells other than earthquake can remove blades, plus one spell can't make that much of a difference. Life barely has any tood attack spells, death spells normally have a negative effect on themselves and another player, the only reason they attack and steal health is because they are death, opposite if life so they need some kind of heal, ice has nearly no weakness and neither does balance. I'm storm and fizzling is really annoying. Ice does not need to be boosted at all because all schools are equal. My spells only fizzle a lot because they do more damage. Technically, no school has an advantage or disadvantage. By the way, Balance has a lot of blades because their everything combined and so yeah. They deserve something because they have to get krokotopia to finally meet their teacher and train so... Toughen up and get used to failing, thats what i did cause i fail like, every time i try pvp. Just live with it and if you hate it that much, make another wizard in storm school and see how much better that is

Peace out!

Rachel FairyWhisper Magus Diviner Level 31

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011

I know a lot of people probably already called you out on this, but I don't feel like reading all those posts lol. Balance is one of the hardest schools to vs in pvp (I would know, since I have a balance and I only lost once in 2v2), meaning that the only schools that rival it could be ice and some lucky people that have insanely high critical. Mana burn and supernova are annoying enough, but balance also has an arsenal of elements at their disposal. Spectral blast, hydra, and chimera can catch anyone off guard if they're not expecting it. I also think you should look up some ice pvp guides, especially the promethean ones. I've seen an ice with 96% boost with still decent resist and very high piercing, meaning that a frostbite/ winter moon combo is very deadly (possibly a TKO if you time your feint just right). My recommendation for you is to get hades armor and a good ice damage pet if you want to make it far in pvp. Many of the schools now have a lot of tricks up their sleeves but ice can easily manage all of the new threats.

Kyle MistWalker, level 90

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
yes the ice is full of knolege ice in pvp is resit ice hase lot of resist I got baeting bye a nother player I saw 100% of resit that's cool

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
did you know that every water work gear has rescintance for all schools

Survivor
Apr 04, 2013
Ice rocks! The heath does but spells not much thats until you reach a good lvl. Plz reply if you want i can give you some information! Steven Lotuspetal student of P.S i was gonna say suscribe XD.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
ultimitewarlord1 on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
did you know that every water work gear has rescintance for all schools
You do realize that you can go back to your previous post and edit it instead of spamming posts that pretty much repeat what you have just said previously. The fact that some of your posts (like the one I am quoting) have nothing to do with the original post doesn't help your case either. I'm just trying to keep the thread flowing.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
Shadow shrike has ruined the game. I am level 85 ice commander and i keep losing from fire and storm.I have 75% resist and 200+ block but they hit 4000-5000 damage easily. Take the shadow shrike back!
Really ice was supposed to be defensive and you all are bringing offensive gear for us. Please bring a tackle to shadow shrike!

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Darth JT on Jun 1, 2011 wrote:
How may I ask, should Ice be boosted?

Some of us Ice players have no problems on the battlefield. We also have DOT spells, the best resistance, highest health. We also get critical hit points.

Not sure what more you want, a cookie maybe?
I think that by the time we manage to do enough damage to them, they have already got past our defence and killed us

Lauren Iceshard lvl 47

P.S. I would like a cookie. With milk please.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
I am a Lvl 93 wizard and let me just say that when i pvp i always loose against ice because their resist to fire and storm is really high. They can also have a universal resist that is so unfair. I would sat ice is one of the best schools to have in pvp.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I'm an ice and I have to set up just to get a three thousand! I'm in Zafaria and I need to do big hits but to put up my trap, both blades (ice blade and elemental blade), and balefrost, and lets not forget amplify! that seems wrong!!!
My friends say I'm way to over powered but in truth to me they are way to over powered! I feel that ice is way to weak and for my main to be ice It think I could tell you all the ones that are stronger.

Anna Angle level 71

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
atomm5 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm an ice and I have to set up just to get a three thousand! I'm in Zafaria and I need to do big hits but to put up my trap, both blades (ice blade and elemental blade), and balefrost, and lets not forget amplify! that seems wrong!!!
My friends say I'm way to over powered but in truth to me they are way to over powered! I feel that ice is way to weak and for my main to be ice It think I could tell you all the ones that are stronger.

Anna Angle level 71
Try getting your ice level 90 equipped with hades armor and a good pet and we'll see who's weak. How would you like an ice with 60+ boost? Just look up different promethean ice builds. Ice, in my opinion, is the most versatile school of them all and probably the best when you take everything into account.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
Lightning76543 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Try getting your ice level 90 equipped with hades armor and a good pet and we'll see who's weak. How would you like an ice with 60+ boost? Just look up different promethean ice builds. Ice, in my opinion, is the most versatile school of them all and probably the best when you take everything into account.
But I'm not level 90!!! How does that help me????

Anna Angle Ice Wizard level 72

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
atomm5 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
But I'm not level 90!!! How does that help me????

Anna Angle Ice Wizard level 72
Either grin and bear it, or craft Zafaria/Avalon gear. Keep questing and you'll be there in no time .