Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lord of the rings Wizard101 why not?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
well first of all if you look a lord of the rings and the hobbit compared to wizard 101 its a great idea! i would love to talk to Biblo or Frurdo or meet gandalf (i like saaron too) and King isle dont need to worry about copyrights that much is the author is R.I.P and we already have goblins in the game so why not? ty its just a quick idea pls feel free to comment and ask questions! ty

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
jibtherandom wrote:
well first of all if you look a lord of the rings and the hobbit compared to wizard 101 its a great idea! i would love to talk to Biblo or Frurdo or meet gandalf (i like saaron too) and King isle dont need to worry about copyrights that much is the author is R.I.P and we already have goblins in the game so why not? ty its just a quick idea pls feel free to comment and ask questions! ty

Lol. That would be funny ....

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
jibtherandom wrote:
well first of all if you look a lord of the rings and the hobbit compared to wizard 101 its a great idea! i would love to talk to Biblo or Frurdo or meet gandalf (i like saaron too) and King isle dont need to worry about copyrights that much is the author is R.I.P
the copyrights are still owned by members of his surviving family amongst various other organizations, from my understanding. so, yes, copyrights would still be a problem. the names of creatures (goblins, elves, etc) are not copyrighted as they come from various legends and lores. this is wizard101. let's not try to make it become harry potter or lord of the rings, please! -etherchaos

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I agree. I have read the whole series and have seen the movies and would think it really cool to meet Frodo and Bilbo and Gandalf and EVERYONE!!! on Wizard101. I totally support the idea. :D

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
jibtherandom wrote:

There's already a mmorpg called Lord of the Rings Online.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
jibtherandom wrote:

There's already a mmorpg called Lord of the Rings Online.

Its a 12 ......

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This is not the Lord of the Rings game. There is one already.
As for copyrights, you are incorrect. Copyrights are held by not only family members, but organizations and publishers. The producers of the films just didn't go off and make a film, they got permission to use the literary work. This would have to be done.
Besides, I like the originality of Wizard101. If I wanted to play LOTR or Harry Potter, I would.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I think this is a great idea and if you don't like it keep your mouth shut! If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all!

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
what is lord of the rings?(although i have herad of lord of the BEANS!)

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Its a good idea really it is, but my problem with it is even though the author J.R.R. Tolkien is dead, there is a game called lord of the rings online and it might have the copyrights to it. But these kind of things are great sources of inspiration and you should keep with it. For example i want to see a world with like dwarves and elves and stuff its all fun with wizard101 but just talking to like creatures that dont represent anything close to a human being just kind of gets boring after a while. Its fun at first talking to a walking crocodile figure, and then a bear, and then a cow, and then a goat, and then some kind of hamster thing, then some dogs, then a dragon. You know it funs to imagine things like that but when it goes overboard or just its a repetition its just not as fun

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
jayrose5555 wrote:
what is lord of the rings?(although i have herad of lord of the BEANS!)

Its a trilogy and is one of the first fantsasy books to be published the prequel is the hobbit and it is sort of based on viking mythogole.g they have runes and moonrunes

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
and then some kind of hamster thing,

yeah those are sheep

Survivor
May 26, 2009
jibtherandom wrote:
Actually they'd still be up to their ears in copyright payment (they would all go bankrupt trying for copyrights of such a big thing like LOTR) sincce just because the author is R.I.P. they still have to deal with co authors and others. The LOTR thing won't happen but it would be pretty cool.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
jibtherandom wrote:
well first of all if you look a lord of the rings and the hobbit compared to wizard 101 its a great idea! i would love to talk to Biblo or Frurdo or meet gandalf (i like saaron too) and King isle dont need to worry about copyrights that much is the author is R.I.P
the copyrights are still owned by members of his surviving family amongst various other organizations, from my understanding. so, yes, copyrights would still be a problem. the names of creatures (goblins, elves, etc) are not copyrighted as they come from various legends and lores. this is wizard101. let's not try to make it become harry potter or lord of the rings, please! -etherchaos
I agree

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
actually someone still owns it with copyrights before you die you write a will it says who gets what items you have so he would have given it to someone