Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get to Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i wonder if you beat the gurtok (bad spelling) demon in DS you will complete the quest?

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
No. There is no level...

Professor Greyrose was very clear:

"You will begin your journey in Wintertusk after you have completed the "Blood Brother" quest in Grizzleheim.

If you have completed this quest, speak to Merle Ambrose who will give you the quest "Cold News".

If he does not have the quest 'Cold News' for you, have haven't completed the "Blood Brother" quest.

When you begin your quest to rescue Grandmother Raven, you will be sent to Hrundle Fjord, the main area in Wintertusk."
You do have to be level 40. I know from experience. To get to Ravenscar you have to defeat Jotun. to get that quest you have to be lvl. 40.

Andrew Iceriver lvl. 48 Master Of Ice

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
xHappilyDivergentx on Jun 5, 2011 wrote:
I'm on level 12 or 13 I think and i still never been to Colussues Baluvard. But I really want to go to wintertusk!
You cannot go there until you finish Firecat Alley, Triton Avenue and Cyclops lane. After that you will be sent to Merle Ambrose to go to a couple places, and you will be sent to Krokotopia. You get Grizzleheim at Level 20. If you finish Grizzlehiem and are at least level 50, you can go to Wintertusk.

Good Luck Casting!

Angela Gem
Level 46
school

Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
Where do i go for the blood brother quest

School:

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
hi i new
and i am a wizard and i wont to know what to do at lvl 43 and what quest

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
holmiahan2 wrote:
But who will give you this quest?

Alexandria AshWalker lvl 22
whats the blood brother quest

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
shark961 wrote:
whats the blood brother quest
It is the last quest in Grizzleheim that will then lead you to Wintertusk. You can find it listed at the end of this quest tree:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Grizzleheim_Quest_Tree

On this link for that quest, you can click on items for more info if you need it (like "prequests"):

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Blood_Brother

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Anna Frostheart on Jul 21, 2012 wrote:
I'm lvl 47 and I can't do the first fighting quest in wintertusk. I am ice like the frost bones you have to defeat but it shouldn't matter cause my secondary school is fire. I can't even defeat them when my brother is helping and he's fire. Does that mean I'm just not good at the game? :-o

Anna Frostheart lvl 47 ice

Anna Goldcatcher lvl 17 storm
Of course not, frost bones are hard to beat, even with fire. I think you need a lot of steal ward spells in your deck. Tower shield seems to be their favorite spell. I can barely bet them with all of the traps and charms I have.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2012
after you defeat jotun in nadavellir, which I hear is hard although I aced it, you get acces into ravenscar and then you get the quest if you keep the storyline. I am always behind the ice school between 3:00 to 3:10 PM Eastern time if you need help.

Austin WinterWalker Master of the Ice magic

Squire
May 10, 2013
Professor Greyrose on May 29, 2011 wrote:
You will begin your journey in Wintertusk after you have completed the "Blood Brother" quest in Grizzleheim.

If you have completed this quest, speak to Merle Ambrose who will give you the quest "Cold News".

If he does not have the quest 'Cold News' for you, have haven't completed the "Blood Brother" quest.

When you begin your quest to rescue Grandmother Raven, you will be sent to Hrundle Fjord, the main area in Wintertusk.
There should be a level restriction like 65 because the bosses are rank 10 and 9.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I see that everybody is wondering were you get the quest from. In order to get this quest you must be finishing RavenScar. Gurtox Barrier Demon will send you quests to free him. The last quest is Blood brother. Then finish the last of Ravenscar.

-Tarlac GiantHead Level 41

Survivor
May 19, 2013
how do i get to new worlds in grizzham ?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
wilberwood on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
how do i get to new worlds in grizzham ?

You go to different areas in the world of Grizzleheim, based on your level.

For example: you can go to Vigrid Roughland at Level 25, if you finished the previous area.

This might help too:

Quests to Return to Grizzleheim:

Level 20 – Trade Voyage (go to Northguard and Savarstaad Pass)
Level 25 – Lending a Paw (go to Vigrid Roughland)
Level 30 – Full Grizzle Jacket (go to Mirkholm Keep)
Level 40 – The King and I (talk to Valgard GoldenBlade). He gives you “The Bigger They Are” (go to Nidavellier to defeat Jotun)

Then comes Ravenscar and Wintertusk.

And I also found this quest tree on one of the fansites:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Grizzleheim_Quest_Tree

It lists all of the quests in Grizzleheim. You can click on a quest there to get more details on it (like "who gives the quest", and "prequests"). That link also shows the Level Requirements for each area.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I actually think its a good thing you have to be a lvl 40 to go to wintertusk, to get the blood brother quest you have to do pretty much all of ravenscar. You unlock ravenscar last in grizzleheim and the bosses are very hard. to complete blood brother I think (I cant really remember but I just did it last night) you have to defeat the four coven bosses at once. it was very hard. I didn't use crowns minions I tried several times and eventually had to get my high lvl friends to help me. If you are a lvl 20 and want to do the blood brother quest without crowns minions or friends you are going to have a very hard time of it. Its worth waiting for better stats.

-Morgan Stormheart lvl 52

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I am a level 47 and when I got the notification, from Ambrose to go to Wintertusk, I didn't talk to him because I wanted to finish Mooshu. When I did I got the quest to go speak to him and when I got there he only told me to ho to Drangonspyre. I defeated Professor Drake then did some of those quests. But when I went back to Headmaster Ambrose he didn't have anything quests to let me go into Wintertusk. Help me please

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
go to ravenscar and the first raven you see has the quest that leads you to wintertusk.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
how can you even defeat jotun he has two other brothers and he says (come now brothers the wimps have challenged us all ) if you haven't defeated his brothers already it you can't defeat them and i've tried to and i can't so my question is how can you i even went and tried to defeat one of his brothers at at a time and they have a doungeon to i brought a friend but after one battle she went out of the doungeon and that was when i was defeating one of his brothers so i went out of the doungeon and i haven't been down in nideveller or whatever its called since then so that means i can't get to ravenscar or wintertusk and i've finished wizardcity, krockotopia, marlybone,mooshu,dragonsphire,wysteria,and celestia. so how will i get to wintertusk and i'm zachary spellshard level 58 wizard

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
navybat103 on Jun 6, 2011 wrote:
so i have to be lvl. 40? Thats wrong . i know u need to be lvl. 20 to get to grizzleheim after u do the quest will boulder about the merchants, and thats ok. 20 is not that high. But 40??? Maybe even 30 is ok. 40 is to high. You guys r advertising on tv to come to the new world of wintetuska nd whatnot. It doesnt seem right that someone would join and then not be able to go to wintertusk for tlike three months. Unless they r like, game freaks who play 24/7. I am an initiate life wizard. My name is Tristan Dawnstone. idk if you have seen me, but i am only lvl.11. About to be 12.It doesn;t seem right to be a paid member where supposedly u can go everywhere, and then u have to wait until u r lvl. 40. It doesnt seem right. It sends a message like, "You should wait untill u r level 40 to become a member so that it doesnt seem like u r wasting money.
I heard that the first monsters in wintertusk have about 3k and at lvl 30 you would get you but kicked and being a member is not wasting money because without one you can only go to wizard city not fire cat ally not Cyclops lane only tritan avenue and yeah you can go every where as long as you have unlocked it and if you have friend in wintertusk you can port to them but you would not be able to do the main quest

valdus deathrider lvl 52

Survivor
Sep 11, 2013
yahoo i know when to go to wintertusk thx

oh if you want to friend me i am samuel soulthorn lvl 25

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
hi well i am in ravenscar and everyone is talkinng about how do we get to winter tusk well th way is when you get to lvl 40 you will be asked to go to northguard afte talking to people you need to defeat a boss i had put it off for a long time because i thought it was nothing you want to do this questit leads you in to ravenscar and when your done in ravenscar yu get to go to winter tusk

Erin- lvl 52
Allison- lvl 25
Scarlet - lvl 17
Cori - lvl12

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
i am in the school of balance and i do not have my level 75 minion i dont know how to get it and i have done all the quest i am at level 82 i have not skipped anything that i know of and i just need help
even with my quest finder on it shows nothing for me i enjoy this game but i want what everyone is getting

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jazzie41 on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
i am in the school of balance and i do not have my level 75 minion i dont know how to get it and i have done all the quest i am at level 82 i have not skipped anything that i know of and i just need help
even with my quest finder on it shows nothing for me i enjoy this game but i want what everyone is getting
The details were given in the August Game Update notes:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/august2013

Make sure that you have met all of the requirements, and then you should go talk to the Storm Professor, Halston Balestrom.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
Hello,
I am currently working on Grizzleheim, Due to the fact: Celestia has been overwhelming for me.
I am working there for the reason that I am way behind in my Power, It is difficult to battle in Celestia,
And I seek an easy challenge to build up Levels and correct my no Side Quest policy. Anyways I am
Level 50 Death Master, I have unlocked Astral Magic, And I use that magic to an Advantage in Grizzleheim, I am Working on Ravenscar, For when I am done Ravenscar how does one Get the Blood Brother quest?

~Yours Truly, Hunter Nightblood.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hunter Nightblood on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Hello,
I am currently working on Grizzleheim, Due to the fact: Celestia has been overwhelming for me.
I am working there for the reason that I am way behind in my Power, It is difficult to battle in Celestia,
And I seek an easy challenge to build up Levels and correct my no Side Quest policy. Anyways I am
Level 50 Death Master, I have unlocked Astral Magic, And I use that magic to an Advantage in Grizzleheim, I am Working on Ravenscar, For when I am done Ravenscar how does one Get the Blood Brother quest?

~Yours Truly, Hunter Nightblood.
This link gives the details for the Blood Brother quest:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Blood_Brother

On that link, you can click on the blue highlighted items for more info (like "prequests", or "who" gives the quest, etc.). Hope this helps.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
The place you go before Wintertusk is Ravenscar. You will get a message from Headmaster Ambrose after you do a dungeon with 4 ravens in it. (, ,, and . They are ranked 7 or 9, I can't remember but I think they are ranked 7.) He will tell you to come to his office. He will then send you back to Grizzleheim and make you talk to some people. Finally you will have to talk to Baulder Goldpaws and he will invite you on his boat to... Wintertusk!