Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice shields not stacking?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Today I faced someone abusing insane bolt. To defend myself I placed a tower then volcanic shield on top. But when it hit. Only the tower shield was activated and the storm shield was left on. Usually they both would trigger. What happened?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
Today I faced someone abusing insane bolt. To defend myself I placed a tower then volcanic shield on top. But when it hit. Only the tower shield was activated and the storm shield was left on. Usually they both would trigger. What happened?

isane bolt hits as a moon spell, not a storm spell... it allows storm to get past defenses but also makes it harder for storm to plus up its damage

Adherent
May 20, 2010
According to what I read, Insane Bolt does not trigger Storm blades, traps or shields. It does work with others.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
It's a moon spell and not a storm spell so a storm shield would not protect you from it.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
Insane bolt does moon school damage so the storm shield will not work. The tower shield is the only one that should have been activated.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
CorbinW wrote:

Insane bolt is moon damage, so it won't activate a Volcanic Shield. It is not storm damage.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

LOL

Insane bolt is moon, which is good for two reason, it gives storm a way past people who just spam storm shields, and it means storm wizards can't

1) Get big storm resist, or
2) Storm shield themselves

therefore reducing the instant effect of killing themselves.

The idea of insane bolt is simple, seriously damage someone, or be killed.

Interestingly enough, storm natural boost does affect it as does universal resist.