Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gurtok Barrier Demon is SO SO SO HARD

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
KI can you please make the place where you have to battle the barrier demon a dungeon because it has 7000 health that makes it hard.My level 41 balance cant even defeat it!I even tried to get some friends to port but it just said that i was busy on there screens.Again, please make that a dungeon. :) :) :)

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
just wondering how many times you have fought it? if you fight and lose, it should be a learning experience. try fighting it a different way.

did you use that mander you can summon? it can be helpful with shields and such. use plenty of fire shields and have some heals available and you should have no problem saving up the pips for your judgement spell, and with a couple blades and traps it should do a good amount of damage.

He has no friends helping him so it shouldnt be too bad. you may have to judgement him a couple times but as long as you have some heals and shields, just go for it. I have failed in fights against a boss a more than a couple times, i just kept trying different things and you will win. And it is a heck of a lot more satisfying defeating something yourself than realizing that you had to rely on help to beat something.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Survivor
May 02, 2009
I used storm henchmen to help me because they're strong, but you have to have crowns if you want to have any henchmen. Gurtok Barrier Demon may be hard, but...
"With persistence, victory is assured."

Samuel Icebreaker, level 53 (for now) thaumaturge.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Delver
Feb 15, 2009
I defeated that guy when I was Level 60 and I almost got defeated in 137 health and defeated him with a 245 hit on Judgement when he was 37 health with an Animate treasure card.

That was a record and I SOLOED IT!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
skyrus200 wrote:
KI can you please make the place where you have to battle the barrier demon a dungeon because it has 7000 health that makes it hard.My level 41 balance cant even defeat it!I even tried to get some friends to port but it just said that i was busy on there screens.Again, please make that a dungeon. :) :) :)

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer
I"m pretty sure my life guy was a level 40 when I defeated him. Sure he's a challenge but it was pretty easy to me. just put some elemental shields in your deck blade up and then judge with full pips! Hope that helps :)

60 storm, 60 fire, 60 balance, 44 life

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
skyrus200 wrote:

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer

To give ya a tip of advice, level to 48 and then return with Nova, Hydra, new gear, and secondary school spell.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I'm fire and that Gurtok Barrier Demon are both fire. I solo'd him. (odd). I polymorphed into the Ice Collosus and kept using ice attacks.
When my polymorph ran out, I kept using converts and efreets. Try to level up a little and try again. I fought him when I was level 58 (yes, I know that I'm a late bird).

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
skyrus200 wrote:

David
Level 41 Master Sorcerer

Yeah cause at the moment i am storm lvl 44 and i am having trouble and i get so close

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I'll admit it is a hard boss, but you can't beat everything with friends. I think they made this boss a solo so SOME wizards can think of some strategy. For me, I thought i was gonna freak out of mind when fighting solo and to make it even worse he was fire. Its not about his attacks that make it worse, but i am fire. So i stocked up on some fire shields, blades, and prism treasure cards. With a little bit of luck you can handle it.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
I beat it without henchmen or treasure cards at 43. Nobody even helped me. Maybe you should try to level up.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
alienforce0320 wrote:
I defeated that guy when I was Level 60 and I almost got defeated in 137 health and defeated him with a 245 hit on Judgement when he was 37 health with an Animate treasure card.

You were LEVEL 60 when you beat him? Wow.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Like everyone is saying, level up to like a level 48 and try again. Summon a minion, who will shield. Good luck :D!

Jack Thunderrunner, level 60 fire.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Wait until you level up more, maybe until you get critical rating, because I fought him when I got critical rating, and that made him a breeze. Also, try different tatics to beat him. Stack up on blades and hit 'em hard!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hey,

I was nervous when I first fought him, but I am a Necromancer, so I just packed him up on blades/shields, and used Wraith 3 times (Each doing 2,000-2,500 damage) And I easily defeated him, I battled him at Level 46, and now on my way to Wintertusk, Good Luck! I know you can do it!

-Mason D. -Level 46 Necromancer-

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
holmiahan2 wrote:
It must be hard, It even sounds hard.

it is not, it is very easy for my life. 8)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Not really i was a level 45 death when i beat him, what i did was get the gear with the best stats and i put in my best blades and bought some spirit shields and spirit blades and it took 3 hits to take that sucker down, and i had 1,600 max health, which is not enough, but i never used crowns stuff and i beat him so bad it was not even funny.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I have completed grizzleheim on my UK wizard.

The gurtok barrier demon was quite easy for my level 45 fire wizard.

I just stacked blades, fire and ice traps, converted to ice after all fire traps were used and used about 3 ice traps and i defeated him in 1 hit.

The helephant dealed about 8000 damage. This was the first accomplishment of solo for my wizard and i managed to solo the rest of celetia and hoping when WT comes to the UK server i will breeze through it.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
The demon is not hard, I have completed it with all my 14 wizards and not one school had a problem defeating him. If you cant solo use your minions or if you have crowns use a henchman.

Please KI dont keep dumbing the game down...its getting so much easier with every change...almost not even a challenge anymore.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
bome1 wrote:
alienforce0320 wrote:

You were LEVEL 60 when you beat him? Wow.

It was really hard also because I never soloed a hard boss before and that helephant was a big hit.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
He's weak. I killed him with just four hits. i'm fire so if i can handle it you don't have any room to complain.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
lol you think that is hard wait till you fight the coven with 4 bosses with 4000 health each.

Anyway it really is not that hard all the bosses in dragonspyre celestia and wintertusk have 7000 life plus thats the same as the jade oni. I reccomend doing dragonspyre before grizzleheim to make it more easier

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
tweetybird18428 wrote:
You should have used an ice henchman.

I tried to buy one and they would not let me.
My problem with this step in the game was i got caught in a loop or just stuck. I lost to him two times and then he kept on telling to go get his
blood again. Wrote tect subport and really didn't get the answer i needed
so today when i went back i acted like i was putting stuff in the burners
after that he let me fight him and i won. Now i need help with the next phase. Good Luck Everyone