Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ghoul or Pixie?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I sometimes host battles in my castle. Each day, I see normal powerful spells but today I saw someone cast a ghoul. Ill describe the glitch... Once the ghoul attacks the defender, it turns around and it heals the attacker but the player that just got hit with the ghoul acts like he was healed with a pixie ! I haven't seen this happen on bosses or monsters? Do you think this is weird? Please Reply

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
KN1GHT69 wrote:
I sometimes host battles in my castle. Each day, I see normal powerful spells but today I saw someone cast a ghoul. Ill describe the glitch... Once the ghoul attacks the defender, it turns around and it heals the attacker but the player that just got hit with the ghoul acts like he was healed with a pixie ! I haven't seen this happen on bosses or monsters? Do you think this is weird? Please Reply

Dude, it's normal, level up a bit, you'll understand .....

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
Its all normal. Lets say that two people battled. Jeff and Ben. Jeff used Ghoul for 800 at Ben. Ben is hit for 800 and Jeff gets healed half of that. So Jeff would heal for 400. I used 800 and 400 because KNIGHT69 said ghoul healed like a pixie. I hope this was usful and you understand now.

Andrew ThunderBlade Legendary Diviner
Andrew RedFlame Legendary Pyromancer
Andrew Deathcaster Legendary Necromancer

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

MMan could you explain it to me?

Per the original post, it looks like the defender was healed. Unless I am reading this wrong, that is a glitch.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

Per the original post, it looks like the defender was healed. Unless I am reading this wrong, that is a glitch.

It is not a glitch. Ghoul heals yourself.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

When you are observing a battle the animations don't play out completely. So the battle was a ghoul followed up by a pixie, but from the audience standpoint it sometimes looks like one complete spell.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith and Scarecrow are Drain Spells. They do damage to the opponent and heal the person that cast the spell. They also are not stopped by Life's Spirit Armor or "Absorb". It is not a glitch or mistake. They are some of my favorite Spells on my Death wizard.

Megan

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Thank you fellow mom, after reading a few replies i was thinking "people read all of it carefully then reply" he didnt seem to be unclear at all.

What he described it the person being attacked by ghoul was having a healing moment. But let me ask you a question was the person being attacked life by any chance?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mman17 wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

Ghoul heals the attacker, not the person getting attacked. Knight69's description is the person getting hit with ghoul is getting healed.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
kingurz wrote:
mman17 wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

Ghoul heals the attacker, not the person getting attacked. Knight69's description is the person getting hit with ghoul is getting healed.
That's exactly what I am saying. The person that got hit with the ghoul looks like he is being healed with a pixie. People IN the battle won't recognize this, but the people OUTSIDE the battle will. I hoped I did a better job of explaining it

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
KN1GHT69 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
mman17 wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

That's exactly what I am saying. The person that got hit with the ghoul looks like he is being healed with a pixie. People IN the battle won't recognize this, but the people OUTSIDE the battle will. I hoped I did a better job of explaining it

Yup, I understand you. Hopefully, my take on the situation on my previous post above makes sense. I've seen similar strange things while observing battles from the outside of the dueling ring too. Sometimes it looks like they are just standing there, looking at each other and doing nothing. Obvisously, I don't have the final answer to what you saw, but that is at least a scenario of what possibly happened. I think it is more of a minor graphics issue than any real spell you observed. I don't even know if it is really considered a glitch either, given the way Wizard 101 operates. You could send a ticket in, but everything is actually working as intended. The wizards within the battle are seeing all the graphics just fine.

Defender
May 12, 2009
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

Nope, you read it wrong.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ezrajoseph wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

Nope, you read it wrong.

Actually, you are reading it wrong. The exact quote below...

"Once the ghoul attacks the defender, it turns around and it heals the attacker but the player that just got hit with the ghoul acts like he was healed with a pixie."

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
KN1GHT69 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
mman17 wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

That's normal.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
mman17 wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

That's normal.

Actually, Ghoul has never healed the person who just got attacked by it.

Defender
May 12, 2009
kingurz wrote:
ezrajoseph wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
mman17 wrote:
KN1GHT69 wrote:

Nope, you read it wrong.

Actually, you are reading it wrong. The exact quote below...

"Once the ghoul attacks the defender, it turns around and it heals the attacker but the player that just got hit with the ghoul acts like he was healed with a pixie."

Ah, very sorry to bother you. Hope it wasn't too much trouble.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
When a Ghoul attacks, it lifts the person hit up into the air; KI did this so it would look more like a creepy evil kind of spell.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
this is a misunderstanding. have you ever seen the dark sprite spell? it lifts the attacked one like he or she is being healed. i am guessing this misleading animation was also part of the ghoul spell. it was no glitch, the spell was meant to lift the attacked up like that