Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Largest schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I've been wanting to know this along with some friends of mine out of all the players that have joined wizard 101 which class is the biggest? Smallest? And can we see a percentage breakdown of all the classes in the game? As a myth follower I find it truly difficult to find any high level myth players. Just wanted to know the size of myth school and how it stacks up to the others.

Wolf Stormshade-Legendary Conjurer.

P.S Only the best can master myth so i'm guessing thats why.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
That would be helpful
I am a fire wizard mostly and i see a ton of 50 and 60 around the spirl but hardly any myth
Keep Posting!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
at the moment everyone seems to be making death characters, after celestia came out most everyone was making ice.... I am basing this on what classes I tend to see people playing while I am personally leveling up and right now I am seeing a lot of people leveling up death (likely has a lot to do with the announcement that death can now use strong cards albiet at half potency where they could not do so before)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I had a Legendary Myth but I deleted him a few months ago so I could start a Death Wiz. Myth is ok but I did not enjoy it as much as Storm, Ice or Fire.
I would guess that Fire or Death was the most popular based on my travels.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a legendary Myth wizard and know quite a few others.

When I first started playing two years ago, it seemed Life wizards were in demand. As a Life wizard, I got spammed with "HELP", "PORT", and "I NEED HEALED". As more people joined I began seeing more Life wizards.

For a brief time, Myth wizards seemed...well, I guess...a myth. Then It changed to balance, then ice, and so on. In time the cycle will change and we will be seeing more of myth and less of another type of wizard.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I'm a legendary and of what i've seen, i think either fire or life is the most popular and myth and death are the least popular

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
From What i have seen biggest schools are Fire and Storm, you dont see a lot of ice, but by far the smallest school is myth

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I agree with Myth being the least popular. I think this is due largely to the low attack spells, and the rather low increase in status boosts from equipment. This combined makes Myth simply a weak wizard., when directly compared to other classes.

I see a lot of Death and Ice wizards. While I see some wizards of every school, Death and Ice seem to be on top, and Myth on the bottom.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I agree with the people who said death, because, always, in every realm and everywhere there is a death wizard.

Wof HawkBreaker

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Darthjp wrote:
I've been wanting to know this along with some friends of mine out of all the players that have joined wizard 101 which class is the biggest? Smallest? And can we see a percentage breakdown of all the classes in the game? As a myth follower I find it truly difficult to find any high level myth players. Just wanted to know the size of myth school and how it stacks up to the others.

Wolf Stormshade-Legendary Conjurer.

P.S Only the best can master myth so i'm guessing thats why.

Definitely Death.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
1. Death.
2. Fire.
3. Ice.
4. Balance.
5. Storm.
6. Life.
7. Myth.

Fire and Ice are close to that and I'm hoping that pretty acurate.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Darthjp wrote:
1. Death.
2. Fire.
3. Ice.
4. Balance.
5. Storm.
6. Life.
7. Myth.

Fire and Ice are close to that and I'm hoping that pretty acurate.

I agree with everything but just in what i have seen i would do
3. Storm
4. Ice
5. Balance

Because really i see storm everywhere.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
With a lot of people having more than one wizard, it's really impossible to say. some days i see like endless life wizards, some days ice. i've been hopping between my balance, myth, and life wizards the past couple days, but before that i was focusing on my storm and death. my ice kind of got left in the dust for now. i would have to say i pass by myth wizards the least. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer (and crew)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I would say that life is very popular some days. Depends on the realm and the day. I am another one that goes between all her characters. Right now I'm working on my death and balance more then my others!

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I honestly havent seen as many death wizards as apparently you guys have. I'm probably not right, but this is the order I've seen in order from MOST POPULAR to LEAST POPULAR:
1. Fire
2.Storm
3.Balance
4.Life
5.Death
6.Ice
7.Myth

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
1. Death
2. Fire
3. Ice
4 Storm and Balance
5. Life.
6. Myth.

Thats probably close but I cant ever find myth, storm, or life. I just want to see a percentage breakdown of all the wizards.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Defender
May 12, 2009
There are also lots of storm wizards. Half of them are just people who like it for the power, and don't even think about the srategic advantages and disadvantages.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
Defender
May 24, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I agree with Myth being the least popular. I think this is due largely to the low attack spells, and the rather low increase in status boosts from equipment. This combined makes Myth simply a weak wizard., when directly compared to other classes.

I see a lot of Death and Ice wizards. While I see some wizards of every school, Death and Ice seem to be on top, and Myth on the bottom.

I disagree myth is the 3rd strongest school and my myth legend has 70percent strength 3000 health and 19 accuracy 130 critical rating 75 critical block and my friends say i am the strongest person in the game they know so again i disagree.
lvl 60 death and myth joseph wyrmbane joseph duskspear

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
1. Death.
2. Fire.
3. Storm
4. Life
5. Balance.
6. Ice.
7. Myth.

I don't know what you all are saying. Most people HATE ice or myth and plan not to make wizards. So they make all them excluding either ice or myth, or both for that matter!

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
honestly I think fire is the biggest school, even though it might fizzle more often then other schools. myth I don't think is the worst school because you can summon more minons than other schools. i will put which schools are the best to least best schools below:
1. fire
2. life
3. death
4. storm
5. myth
6. ice
7. balance

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I mostly see balance wizards, but that could be because I do a lot of PvP (and am not very good at it.) Death is probably one of the most popular, as it might appeal more to people taking the entrance exam for the first time because it sounds so cool. Plus, Skeletal Dragon does twenty less base damage then Leviathan, and Skeletal Dragon is DOT (I did a post on which was more powerful, and still haven't gotten an answer) so gear boosts apply all turns, so this might be another reason why I see more Necromancers.

I don't see to many Myth wizards nowadays. It confuses me, as Myth is an O.K. school.

Life wizards are more common, too. This is probably because they know they'll be popular in the lower levels as they can decide whether you live or die after the opponent kills you.

Storm is also getting more common nowadays. I think the fact that they can do a lot of damage combined with the fact that once you get Waterworks gear, Leviathan almost always hits.

If you're looking for a percent breakdown however, good luck with that, because people subscribe each and every day. And I'm pretty sure no one keeps track of that stuff, as there are "Over fifteen million players online today!"

**********************************************************************************

"So until then, farewell, best of luck, avoid roasted cabbage, don't eat earwax' and always look on the bright side of life!" -Angela the Herbalist (Eldest, book two in the Inheritance Cycle)