Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Herro, Lv 50 Storm Wizard seeks advice!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2009
Greetings!

I have been playing this game on and off for quite a few years now and I gotta say I enjoy it quite a bit. However, my first (and oldest) character, my Storm Wizard, has always been kind of a frustrating one for me. Insert rant about power vs accuracy, fizzling vs low health, etc etc.

So! With the release of the mastery amulets I'm really looking forward to absorbing a second school. I've just respec'd my character, and went ahead and trained Tower Shield back up, since it's one of my favorite spells. Now I have 9 points to spare, and I'm wondering what you guys find to be the best compliment to Storm.

Personally I'm thinking Life, for Sprite and/or Satyr seems to make the most sense (plus that Water Elemental doesn't seem to heal me as often as I'd like him to). I used to have a pair of boots with Satyr on them and it saved me more than once! However, if there's a better way of playing the Storm wizard such that life-gain is superfluous I'd love to hear about it. Don't really feel like buying *another* respec on top of buying a mastery amulet!

Thanks for your input.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Life through Satyr is never a bad choice. Also consider saving a few of your extra points for Celestia schools. Unstoppable is a very good choice for stopping the fizzles! As I am redoing my storm the hard way, I am going through the schools to ensure I have the -70 shields for all schools possible, as well as tower. Celestia pretty much made that a very necessary thing.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I believe that life is a good secondary school for everything. My storm wiz (level 49) is part life, my death (level 27) is part life, my ice (no clue) is part life too. I used to think death was a good secondary but I didn't think it was worth it in high levels, my storm spells did more damage so all the attacks were forgotten. With life, you always need to have health. :D

Amber Stormsong level 49 storm

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I did the oppisite with life and storm. It's a wonderful idea!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Bombfish wrote:
Greetings!

I have been playing this game on and off for quite a few years now and I gotta say I enjoy it quite a bit. However, my first (and oldest) character, my Storm Wizard, has always been kind of a frustrating one for me. Insert rant about power vs accuracy, fizzling vs low health, etc etc.

So! With the release of the mastery amulets I'm really looking forward to absorbing a second school. I've just respec'd my character, and went ahead and trained Tower Shield back up, since it's one of my favorite spells. Now I have 9 points to spare, and I'm wondering what you guys find to be the best compliment to Storm.

Personally I'm thinking Life, for Sprite and/or Satyr seems to make the most sense (plus that Water Elemental doesn't seem to heal me as often as I'd like him to). I used to have a pair of boots with Satyr on them and it saved me more than once! However, if there's a better way of playing the Storm wizard such that life-gain is superfluous I'd love to hear about it. Don't really feel like buying *another* respec on top of buying a mastery amulet!

Thanks for your input.

Nah, don't get the amulet, try to get it as a drop from Wintertusk.