Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lagmonster gag mob

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
I was thinking it would be funny if at random time, a creature called a lag monster appears in one of the school towers : it appearance would that of jumbled mess of network cables.

50,000hp Class Balance.
50% damage reduction all.

Attacks with a pair of wire cutter in one hand and a cisco certificate in the other. Does 2 damage to the selected person it attacks, but appears to actually snips some wires on it self.

Has a laggggggggg attack that makes everyone lose a round due to dancing.

Has no access to spells except for black mantle and weakness, (which it should be able to cast in mass)

it self attack however can immediately cause a person to flee if they have no cards left.

Doesn't give any drops, gold or exp, it would just be for fun.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
How about an arena option or instance somewhere, of a random mob? where you enter and get any mob that could be from malastaire to a lost soul, fleeing should make you lose arena points however (If made a part of the arena), winning shouldn't give anything it except maybe a special drop set that rarely gives anything and maybe just things like (no card shop pets, or wierd devices that can act in place of wands (Maybe the instrument idea).

Maybe have some silly mob like the suggestion above too.
other silly ones:

a butterfly: always get first round initiative, always cast a global that causes -85% to accuracy, only 50hp, its attacks heal you, and winning against cause you to cry instead of dance because you killed a butterfly.

A full Gobbler: Really Gassy, boss that earn power pips, but only use it fart attack, give 2000hp though, and of course it should be balance because it ate such a balanced meal.

Gamma: give 3000hp, no attack, but every round make him give you fighting tips or complain about all the paperwork he has to fill out for the headmaster.

The Stick Figure: 800 hit points, earns power pips, use only a wand attack, but does a stick drawing sword attack, (each attack does 100hp damage), make it a life wizard, and give it both absorb, guiding light and regenerate.

a really tiny dragon: half the size of the pet one, earns power pips 700 hp, 100 fire damage breath attack, can cast meteor shower, heck hound, heirphant, has 35% damage reduction to all incoming damage except ice. fire type of course

if I said earns power pips, I mean as a grandmaster (50% chance)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
gregac6 wrote:
How about an arena option or instance somewhere, of a random mob? where you enter and get any mob that could be from malastaire to a lost soul, fleeing should make you lose arena points however (If made a part of the arena), winning shouldn't give anything it except maybe a special drop set that rarely gives anything and maybe just things like (no card shop pets, or wierd devices that can act in place of wands (Maybe the instrument idea).

Maybe have some silly mob like the suggestion above too.
other silly ones:

a butterfly: always get first round initiative, always cast a global that causes -85% to accuracy, only 50hp, its attacks heal you, and winning against cause you to cry instead of dance because you killed a butterfly.

A full Gobbler: Really Gassy, boss that earn power pips, but only use it fart attack, give 2000hp though, and of course it should be balance because it ate such a balanced meal.

Gamma: give 3000hp, no attack, but every round make him give you fighting tips or complain about all the paperwork he has to fill out for the headmaster.

The Stick Figure: 800 hit points, earns power pips, use only a wand attack, but does a stick drawing sword attack, (each attack does 100hp damage), make it a life wizard, and give it both absorb, guiding light and regenerate.

a really tiny dragon: half the size of the pet one, earns power pips 700 hp, 100 fire damage breath attack, can cast meteor shower, heck hound, heirphant, has 35% damage reduction to all incoming damage except ice. fire type of course

if I said earns power pips, I mean as a grandmaster (50% chance)

i like the butterfly and the gamma