Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feed Pet Snacks without playing a game!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, here is my idea!

Make a place at the pet pavillion that you can feed your pet snacks without playing a game! Now, of course, it would be nice, if you could do this without costing you any pet energy, however, I can't see that happening.

I would be very happy with just being able to feed my pets snacks and not play one of the games, but here is another awesome idea. How about, if you just feed the pet, it costs half the pet energy it would to play the game.

Examples:
At Baby, it costs 1 pet energy to feed your pet.
At Teen, it costs 2 pet energy to feed your pet.
At Adult, it costs 3 pet energy to feed your pet.
At Ancient, it costs 4 pet energy to feed your pet.

That is half what it costs now while playing a game. This would make everyone happy, so that pet snacks will no longer be wasted, time and training pets will be a little bit easier.

People will then spend more time hatching and training pets than ever before! Just an idea though!

Community Leader
I like the idea. I do think the energy usage should be more than 1 energy at least same amount as playing a mini game?

This will allow players who like that extra few points from playing mini games and still allow players who really do not like the mini games a way to still feed without playing them.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
That is an awesome idea! It would be GREAT if we could level up our pets without playing minigames. It takes forever to get your pets up to even adult, and I was getting really frustrated because for every five minutes, pet experience from minigames would have gone up maybe twenty. It takes way to long. It would take so much less time if we could just feed our pets snacks immediatly. And, KI, people would run out of snacks faster, buy crowns, then buy more snack/mega snack packs.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I would be willing to do this. It might take longer, but anything is better than playing the pet games

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Okay, here is my idea!

Make a place at the pet pavillion that you can feed your pet snacks without playing a game! Now, of course, it would be nice, if you could do this without costing you any pet energy, however, I can't see that happening.

I would be very happy with just being able to feed my pets snacks and not play one of the games, but here is another awesome idea. How about, if you just feed the pet, it costs half the pet energy it would to play the game.

Examples:

That is half what it costs now while playing a game. This would make everyone happy, so that pet snacks will no longer be wasted, time and training pets will be a little bit easier.

People will then spend more time hatching and training pets than ever before! Just an idea though!

LOL @ 3:09 PM (12 hrs before your post) I posted this:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/35710.ftl
There should be a place in the Shopping District or Pet Pavilion we could go to feed our pets at the cost of Energy and Gold instead of just having snacks able to be given after an annoying Mini game session?

Feeding prices would be based on the Pet's Age Bracket, and you must provide Energy, Gold, and Pet Snack for the cause of feeding the pet.

Baby - 1 Energy, 250 Gold
Teen - 2 Energy, 500 Gold
Adult - 3 Energy, 1000 Gold
Ancient - 4 Energy, 2000 Gold
Epic - 4 Energy, 2500 Gold (For those who currently want to fully max out their pets stats)

And with this release, they could also bring out the NEXT Evolution of the pet Level: Mythical, 2000 XP to next level

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I really wish there was a way to feed the snacks without playing the minigames, but it seems like pet training is one of those things that is designed intentionally to be tedious and time consuming. maybe it makes people more willing to buy mega snacks so they don't have to waste as much time on the games. but i do think this would be a great thing for KI to implement! -eli and crew

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Okay, here is my idea!

Examples:

What about Epic?

Good idea, though.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I like this idea. My biggest objection to the mini games, other than sheer boredom, is that you get so few points for the amount of time spent. I find doing the mini games sometimes will be useful for balancing out my pet's stats so that they are all at max, but often, I don't have the time to train. For those times it would be great to be able to just go feed my pet over and over again until my pet energy ran out. I could drain the energy globe in the amount of time it took me to do one or two mini games and then I could be off to do other things (like going to work).

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, here is my idea!

Examples:

I would say that lower energy cost WOULDN'T fly considering the xp you can get from certain snacks....sure you loose out on 4xp and a few tiny stat boosts but hey....you wanted the non game way.

It would be a good add but at normal costs plus 4k gold per snack no matter what level...'WHY SO MUCH MR BLSK!' The NPC that would allow you would love his pay for in essence completing the minigames for you and really it is I am sure ancient that really gets people. Super snacks and much more can be gotten at Bazaar after all.

IN TURN!!!!!!!!!!

Another reason is for one....it isnt really important for free players since if you cant even get to CL or WT where gold OVERFLOWS!!!!!

Anyone else c what i am saying?

I like the idea but that energy is illogical XD

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
After KI made supersnacks non aution (It was good at aution it benefited both people) training pets has become harder for those who don't have crowns, I think that training pets by just eating snacks would be a good idea, but I feel that KI won't do it as they would rather people spent crowns buying back their energy.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
Unfortunately, KI will never implement this. As another poster already stated; the tedious nature of leveling pets is probably by design.

Currently, the only effective way to increase the rate at which you level your pets is though mega snacks. Now, you can get mega snacks as drops or through crown purchases. Farming bosses for drops can be just as time consuming as doing the mini-games (I think some plants also drop mega snacks at epic but that is just as time consuming). That leaves purchasing mega snacks as the only real way to quickly advance your pet. KI knows this, that's why mega snacks cost Crowns and not Coins as Crowns equals money in the bank.

I don't blame KI, nor am I angry. KI needs to make money so that we can keep playing.

So, while I would love for this to become a reality, it's not going to happen. Discussing it is just an exercise in fantasy.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I've asked a dozen times for the pet games to yield better rewards. Don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. But I'm not going to quit playing with my pets just because of that. If they don't give better rewards for the games, I really wish the pets could get xp points for helping us fight our battles.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
There have been a lot of " Wizard101 Resturaunt" ideas. i feel that there should be a Cafe in the Pet Pavilion that you can feed the pet you have and buy food to heal yourself. Well its just a thought!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
While I understand that there are mega snacks and pet energy elixers and they cost crowns. I just added the idea of them making it cheaper to train if we are not playing a mini game. Also, to the one post, Epic would be same as Ancient, same as it is if you play a mini game.

Now, even if KI kept it to where it cost pet energy, we would just not have to play a mini game, would be fine with me.

This would also boost sales of pet energy and mega snacks, because people could just feed their pets and not have to waste a bunch of time playing those tedious mini games.

Think about it!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
That's a good idea. I also think pets should be able to gain experience points if they help you in battle and eat a snack after the battle for half the energy cost of a mini game.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I agree... But i still believe you should pay same energy. Because really everyone will do that instead of playing games, it's faster for less energy. This would allow people to not waste time and not have an advantage...

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Well I think greyrose should run with this one. Good idea, I really dislike those mini games, all they do is bore me to death and take up my time. and worst of all i have to do the maze game, only one i am sure of 4 points. Even if you not interested in points, none of the games allow you to leave quickly.

I really wish i could just feed my pet snacks. i have to be selling my snacks cause who is gonna train a pet to epic on rank 1 or 2 snacks? SERIOUSLY!

Anyways best idea i see so far where leveling pets is concerned. I'd trade in my bone drake mount just ot be able to train my pet without this mini game hassle :-D

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I think that your idea is amazing! I agree that using the mini games take way to long. I have one of the fierce hounds that you get with the epic bundle. When you get it leveled up to teen, it "may cast Sprite spell." Randomly during a battle, the cursor or whatever points to me and shows my pet casting a spell. The pet sort of "cheats". I really want to hatch more pets from him, but it takes way to long to level up to adult.

Kelsey Daisyblossom
Level 49 Life Wizard

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
this is awesome if they post back lets start a riot lol jk ty for the great idea

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
This is fantastic idea simply fantastic and everyone can get profit from it and the company and the players and the pet thing situation it's going to fly to new levels. Well done fantastic I really hope to do it soon enough.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Um how about the alt. idea.

Instead I say you should play the mini-games to lvl up your pet but is your pet ages from baby to teen to adult ect. the ammount of exp you recive should increase as wells you play the game. It stays constanst as you recieve at max four per game. Maybe it could raise up as you lvl up your pet. instead like 4 at baby 8 at teen 16 as adult 32 at ancient and 64 at epic? Maybe something close to that. Or simply add more minigames to play. Make it less boring. I kinda feel they did not go that route since it would make the game less challenging and kinda boring, when you could be doing something else. That is why they didnt add here feed pet to lvl it up, they make the pet lvl up through the work and effort you put into it.

Thats just my take on the issue.

Blake NightWraith

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I think it's a good idea, because I tend to spend all my energy on gardening and dont have energy left to train my pets, I also forget to train my pets frequently. I dont see the point to the 1 or 2 point snacks, I have many and never use them. I never use crowns to refill my energy, even if I run out mid gardening, so being able to feed pet snacks anytime at half the regular energy would be great, that way mid game play i can just feed my pet when my energy starts to build back up. :)

I would also maybe like the idea of game kiosks for training your pet that you can place at home (preferably the cannon game, it is the only game i will use to train my pet). I hate having to go all the way to the pet pavilion to train... and why the heck do I always have to get dropped pet snacks that are not what my pet likes. Please KI, cant pet snack drops somehow be taylored to drop something that the players pet would like??

taryn ravenheart

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Okay, here is my idea!

Examples:

there should be a chart of witch pet is hungry or not. without using energy, and if it does not get feed. It will drink one of your potions that restore your life and mana