Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem installing on laptop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
I went to install on my laptop, and was able to log in and play for a little bit. When the game tried to download the KT_TempleOfStorms.wad file it sat at Zero % and eventually kicked me out of the game. Now every time I start the launcher it locks up at the same file and I am unable to log in and play.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
It's cool that you noticed what file was being downloaded.

If it was me, I would go into the place the game is stored and delete that file - sounds like it got broken when it was downloaded.
On my machine, KT_TempleOfStorms.wad is 3,888K in size. If yours is much smaller, then the file is bad and should be downloaded again.

To find where the file is stored, I right-clicked on the Wizard101 icon, then picked Properties and looked at the Target: field. That shows you were the game's EXE is. In that same folder, is a DATA folder, and inside that is a GAMEDATA folder. The KT_TempleOfStorms.wad is inside that GAMEDATA folder.
If you delete the KT_TempleOfStorms.wad , then when you log in it should download it again, if not right away then as soon as you try to go to the Temple of Storms.

I hope this helps you! :D

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You may want to try and reinstall.

I do know this happened to me one time. A file got corrupted and at launch it would stop at the same file. Since my problem happened late on a Friday night, support was slow. (not blaming KI about that). I found the file that was causing the problems and deleted it. I then relaunched the game. I have had no problems since then.

One thing I noticed during this problem...I would open Task Manager and the CPU usage for the Wizardgraphicalclient was 50...normally it is 01-03. You may want to check that and also put in a ticket to support.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life